Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 10:15 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,501 times

Advertisements

Either that or she got distracted by another guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 10:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Sounds like a golddigger.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:30 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,951,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I was chatting with this women on Okcupid and she asked what type of work i do and once I told her she never replied back.

So is that what that question means? Because if so I can ignore it in the future
Interesting that your user name includes the word "money" and you're wondering whether a woman asking about what you do means she's digging for money information. If you use the same user name in the dating game, she might have assumed that you are in finance. That you are interested in children education probably told her that you want to have children. Maybe she doesn't want children. It also communicates that you are in the humanities and a caring person. Maybe she's cut-throat about getting ahead and didn't view you as having the same ambitions.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
When you say never, how long has it been?

Old 05-16-2018, 04:28 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,302,234 times
Quote:
I was chatting with this women on Okcupid and she asked what type of work i do and once I told her she never replied back.

So is that what that question means? Because if so I can ignore it in the future
It's dangerous to associate silence with your answer to the most recent question.

Even more so to ignore such a common conversation starter due to a VERY weak link. You'll miss out on a lot of great opportunities.

Next, on C-D Relationships; "I asked a guy on OKCupid where he works and he never replied back. Does that mean he thinks I'm fat?"

Old 05-16-2018, 04:49 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
Quote:

When I ask, it’s just because I’m making an attempt to learn more about someone. I am not really interested in talking in depth about my job or theirs. And sometimes the guys will ask me “What do you do?” before I ask them, and I don’t assume they just want to know how much money I make.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:09 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Interesting that your user name includes the word "money" and you're wondering whether a woman asking about what you do means she's digging for money information. If you use the same user name in the dating game, she might have assumed that you are in finance. That you are interested in children education probably told her that you want to have children. Maybe she doesn't want children. It also communicates that you are in the humanities and a caring person. Maybe she's cut-throat about getting ahead and didn't view you as having the same ambitions.

Good call on this. I rarely have met an early childhood or elementary school teacher, or pediatric RN, that doesn't want kids. I can only recall one.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:21 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
It's a very common question among the professional classes when meeting new people. It often leads to "do you know so and so" questions.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:31 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,976 times
Quote:

She enrolled in some childhood development courses at the university and hasn't had much time for OkCupid lately

Old 05-16-2018, 06:36 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:

By your answer, women probably estimate how much you make in their heads and that will influence whether they want to continue or not. By my job title now, I’m technically underemployed and I have no doubt that has turned women off of me in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships