Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 02:36 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Medical reasons is a goofy excuse?
The medical reason is all done now. I think people are picking up on the fact that you are making a lot of assumptions FOR HER about how she manages her time. It sounds like you are assuming that she thinks of a holiday weekend the exact same way you do.

Sure, rain happens and people will want to spend SOME time with their families. But a 3-day weekend offers plenty of opportunity to get together.

The way you're explaining it here feels like you're just limiting your own window for asking her out.

That and the fact that you suddenly started getting pissy about the phone.

Next time at least leave a voicemail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 02:37 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
well I can say that now because my saturday is no longer open because of her not picking up the phone. So I will be asking her about sunday
Why? She hasn't returned your call, and you're not replying to her texts. Stick a fork in it...

Old 05-27-2018, 02:47 PM

188 posts, read 202,963 times
Quote:
3. Because when I called last week she called back in 5 mins once she saw my call
That means absolutely nothing. She called right back once--that does not mean she will call right back every single time in the future.

If I got a call from someone who didn't leave a message and I happened to notice the missed call soon after, I'd call them back right away.

If I got a call from someone who didn't leave a message and didn't notice for a while (say an hour or more later) I'd ignore it. If it was important, they would have called again, left a message or texted me. Since they didn't do that, it was either unimportant or an accident.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:03 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
well I can say that now because my saturday is no longer open because of her not picking up the phone. So I will be asking her about sunday
Why not ask her what day is good for her? What if Sunday is no good, but she can have dinner with you one other night that week?

This girl kept in touch with you for quite a while during your convalescence. You might be a bit more patient with her. If she really has lost interest, you will know in time, but it seems to me like you are being quite stubborn about having things on your terms.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Why not ask her what day is good for her? What if Sunday is no good, but she can have dinner with you one other night that week?

This girl kept in touch with you for quite a while during your convalescence. You might be a bit more patient with her. If she really has lost interest, you will know in time, but it seems to me like you are being quite stubborn about having things on your terms.
Yep. Stop being selfish OP.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:58 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Why not ask her what day is good for her? .
I don't get this, either. Is this some kind of revolutionary concept?

OP, you asked originally if you're being petty by refusing to text her, in the absence of a response to your calls. (And it seems your calls didn't even involve leaving a message? Is that right??). People have been telling you, YES, you're being petty. But you're not accepting that answer. So, given your inflexibility on the question you posed, it seems that we're done here. I mean, why drag this out any longer? You got your answer, it's not the one you wanted, so...move on. There are other dating advice forums; maybe you'll have better luck getting validation for your stubbornness elsewhere.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:01 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Well folks it looks like it maybe over. I arranged a date with her for sunday which was yesterday and she text me on Thursday Night to let me know she has to work all weekend due to a major project. So I called tonight and she didn't pick up and no I didn't leave a message because of already being cancelled on.

I am part of the blame because I waited too long and you can't do that with a woman who is attractive with her own home and no kids. Still think it's odd we would be in contact from January to May and she wants to fade away now instead of doing it months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships