Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 08:21 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I'm glad you made the grade! I think we can all agree that a happy first date and continuing communications after the date indicates a second date is in order, and if that goes well too then you've began a relationship! Good going!

Thank you Lovehound! I noticed the texting has begun to slow down a bit though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 11:47 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Don't read too much into it. I use text more to coordinate next phone call or next date. Being in voice contact is better so hope that increases. An hour of texts = 10 minute phone call.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Don't read too much into it. I use text more to coordinate next phone call or next date. Being in voice contact is better so hope that increases. An hour of texts = 10 minute phone call.

Great advice, thank you! When should I ask her on a second date?

Old 06-19-2018, 06:57 PM

You gotta figure that out yourself. However, how about asking her where she would like to dine out (assuming you're dinner dating).

Women like to be consulted and my experience is that they've come up with good ideas that I never would have thought up on my own, or in recent weeks two of the best restaurants I've been to in ages! My date picked both restaurants and even made our reservations! I really admire her efficiency!

Old 06-22-2018, 10:03 AM

So we were talking last night and I told her how this past month has been a pleasure getting to know her, and that I really like her. She asked what makes me like her so much. I told her she's kind, has a good head on her shoulders, has a good work ethic, easy to talk to, and that she is gorgeous. She said it was incredibly sweet of me to say such nice things. I told her I would love to continue to talk and hangout to see where it leads.

She told me she understands, but said it's too early for her to tell and she doesn't want to rush anything. That's fine with me because I don't either. She said right now she sees me as a good friend. I told her that is fine with me and there is no need to rush. She replied saying I'm awesome with a smiley face.

I took it as I'm being friend-zoned and am just going to move on.

Last edited by DK736; 06-22-2018 at 10:23 AM..

Old 06-22-2018, 10:14 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy1988 View Post
So we were talking last night and I told her how this past month has been a pleasure getting to know her, and that I really like her. She asked what makes me like her so much. I told her she's kind, has a good head on her shoulders, has a good work ethic, easy to talk to, and that she is gorgeous. She said it was incredibly sweet of me to say such nice things. I told her I would to continue to talk and hangout to see where it leads.

She told me she understands, but said it's too early for her to tell and she doesn't want to rush anything. That's fine with me because I don't either. She said right now she sees me as a good friend. I told her that is fine with me and there is no need to rush. She replied saying I'm awesome with a smiley face.

I took it as I'm being friend-zoned and am just going to move on.
Yup. Good call.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:20 AM

Sad to say, and I've been there too (recently), the words "good friend" are not good.

Looks like you made up your mind. I did the same thing. Now a few days later and a new first date yesterday, a new date tonight with another woman, and getting back to a previous woman I dated have made it much easier for me to move on. I find it pretty hard to think about anybody else when I'm out with a nice, pretty, entertaining woman. That sure puts Ms. "good friend" in perspective.

When your heart gets broken, new dates with new partners will fix that.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Sad to say, and I've been there too (recently), the words "good friend" are not good.

Looks like you made up your mind. I did the same thing. Now a few days later and a new first date yesterday, a new date tonight with another woman, and getting back to a previous woman I dated have made it much easier for me to move on. I find it pretty hard to think about anybody else when I'm out with a nice, pretty, entertaining woman. That sure puts Ms. "good friend" in perspective.

When your heart gets broken, new dates with new partners will fix that.

Exactly Lovehound. Gotta keep it moving. On to the next one!

Old 06-22-2018, 10:39 AM

I think it's sometimes disparaged in having a backup plan, thinking of online dating, but to me it makes total sense—particularly for times like this when you want to be with somebody who obviously doesn't feel the same about you.

If you don't have backups all you can do is cry in your beer and work on meeting somebody new, soon.

Online dating works great for me because it's continuous process, match-ups through contacts, sometimes two-way contact is established, mutual interests confirmed, and the progression through emails, phone, text, an eventual first meeting.

When my solo relationship didn't work I just went back and resumed the process, and I've found that dating a new woman works just fine in keeping me from fretting about my failed relationship.

I think there is an extremely small chance either your "just friends" or mine might have a change of mind. It's pretty unlikely but it helps if you left on good terms, and psychologically it will help you get through the worst times, sort of like how xylocaine helps your dentist drill a filling.

She won't be back (mine at least) but by the time that really hits home I'll have somebody else I'm into. I probably will even forget to remember my "just friends."

You see that's it, and there should be some kind of often used saying. New love replaces old love. It's just that simple.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I think it's sometimes disparaged in having a backup plan, thinking of online dating, but to me it makes total sense—particularly for times like this when you want to be with somebody who obviously doesn't feel the same about you.

If you don't have backups all you can do is cry in your beer and work on meeting somebody new, soon.

Online dating works great for me because it's continuous process, match-ups through contacts, sometimes two-way contact is established, mutual interests confirmed, and the progression through emails, phone, text, an eventual first meeting.

When my solo relationship didn't work I just went back and resumed the process, and I've found that dating a new woman works just fine in keeping me from fretting about my failed relationship.

I think there is an extremely small chance either your "just friends" or mine might have a change of mind. It's pretty unlikely but it helps if you left on good terms, and psychologically it will help you get through the worst times, sort of like how xylocaine helps your dentist drill a filling.

She won't be back (mine at least) but by the time that really hits home I'll have somebody else I'm into. I probably will even forget to remember my "just friends."

You see that's it, and there should be some kind of often used saying. New love replaces old love. It's just that simple.

Loving the advice you're giving me. So spot on. Two new women messaged me on the dating app I'm on, and one from a couple weeks ago began to talk to me again. So I am backing off the one that basically put me in the FZ. It's also a good chance to see if she notices I'm gone and will begin to miss me and will pursue me. Either way, I totally agree about having a few backups. It's easier to move on and not think about how much time was wasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships