Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 11:10 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times

Advertisements

I want to make it absolutely clear that you must not post any information that may identify the individual, and should not identify the OLD site. And remember that the information may be copyrighted so please follow copyright fair use laws, you may post only an excerpt of any profile, you may not post the profile in its entirety. And by profile I mean more or less the lead paragraph. Please be brief and to the point.

Here are my first three offerings:

Quote:
*******If you're--Religious or "Spiritual", or a Republican, or a Conservative I'm NOT the person for you. No God. Really. And if you have children at home, that's a dealbreaker for me.********
Got it. Atheist liberals are welcome, the rest of you go away!

Quote:
I am very liberal so middle of the road or conservative need not apply.
Obviously these people have their mind dead set, Trumpers need not reply. Good to know.

Quote:
I’ve been known to be quite the social butterfly, but it’s only because I like meeting new people!
I have seen the above exact same profile, and usually that is the complete profile, more than 50 times on two OLD sites, and it's all over the Internet. So in this case I feel that a full quote is not inappropriate.

Sometimes the above has an additional sentence referring to liking animals.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:14 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Is there a point to this?

Old 06-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Honestly, it's good to get the political views out of the way right up front, because although I have friends on both sides of the aisle, and enjoy their company, there is not the first chance I would have a partner who is politically opposed to my views. Not good for the blood pressure.

So that's fair and square, put that right out there. It's up there with if you can't stand to be around children, are terribly allergic to cats, live in the country and are not interested in any activities in the city, etc.

It's just how to weed out people who would be wasting each other's time.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:21 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Hm.

Well it's not technically a dating site and it was deliberately set up to not be used that way, but some people do try to use fetlife as a hookup site. I have found that since changing my pic to my collar ("I'M TAKEN!") and my profile to send the same message, I get very little of the random attention from random men that some of my female friends (with sexier pics for instance) do. I'm fine with that!

Yet once in a while... I got a message from a dude in the Denver area, "Hey, you're gorgeous. How's your weekend going?" OK, I'm not bothered, and maybe we can chitchat, that's fine, but first...I want to see if we've met, so I check out dude's profile. Uh oh. He wants some one to sext with. That's right at the top. Nope. It goes on to be a wall of text that is too graphic to even describe properly here, but can only be described as vanilla smut. Says, "Sex doesn't have to be about <kink> and <kink> (things most people are on fetlife for, hello?) ...it can be about cuddling and making love and ...blahblahblah I want to worship your ....etc and such."

Why dude, I had no idea boring vanilla sex was a thing!! My goodness, it's like us poor sheltered freaks had no idea it could be any other way, by all means enlighten us!

Went on at one point after describing things he's done and the many things he wants to do (if only you will tell him how your weekend has been!) to say "but obviously I can't do <act> and <act> while doing a handstand, let's be realistic here."

Oh, shoot. I mean, I was really JUST ABOUT to get in touch to set up that handstand hookup, but oh, he's right, it's just not realistic. Women. So picky, right?? Wanting handstands and everything.

It amounted to a fat white guy from the burbs of Denver complaining that women were just way too darn kinky, and needed to learn about the wonders of cuddling and vanilla sex. On fetlife.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:36 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
Clara of course you have a valid point, it's good to know if somebody is ultra-anything. I'm a bit surprised however that an ultra-anyting can't get along with a middle-of-the-road like me. Most accept my spiritual-but-not-religious status including a devout Catholic lady who I have a date with later in the week. I'll even wear my silver Figaro neck chain with silver cross. I'm not completely closed minded about accepting religion. The chain and cross were a recent purchase.

Spork, your post had me in stitches! If it's OLD related we're good to go! Your post was exactly what I was aiming at with my topic concept.

My intention is to visit this topic whenever some profile strikes me as amusing for any reason. I was just looking at the first quote when I started the topic, I had noted the other two posts previously.

I still don't get why the "social butterfly" profile shows up so often! Can somebody explain it?

I had this in mind as a continuing topic, and those who are not interested need not subscribe.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:59 AM

1,178 posts, read 685,300 times
The best one I have ever seen said, “You must not ever wear sweatpants, even at home.”

Lol. Probably typed out by some dude in his boxer shorts.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:04 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I want to make it absolutely clear that you must not post any information that may identify the individual, and should not identify the OLD site. And remember that the information may be copyrighted so please follow copyright fair use laws, you may post only an excerpt of any profile, you may not post the profile in its entirety. And by profile I mean more or less the lead paragraph. Please be brief and to the point.

Here are my first three offerings:

Got it. Atheist liberals are welcome, the rest of you go away!

Obviously these people have their mind dead set, Trumpers need not reply. Good to know.

I have seen the above exact same profile, and usually that is the complete profile, more than 50 times on two OLD sites, and it's all over the Internet. So in this case I feel that a full quote is not inappropriate.

Sometimes the above has an additional sentence referring to liking animals.
Endless cliche's

"Life's too short to sweat the small stuff"

"I love to laugh" "I love new adventures"

Even better, "Ask" or "Ask me" in the description field.

Everyone seems to be "easy going" in their profiles

"I can wear a torn pair of jeans and t-shirt by day, and a hot little black dress by night"

A deal breaker for me is a WOMAN of all people, says "Go Trump 2020!" in their profile. A WOMAN!! There has to be insane about a woman that supports Trump lol

Old 06-04-2018, 02:11 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,056,503 times
This thread is closed. The topic of what people write in OLD profiles has been discussed ad nauseam in prior posts. Also, please don't post material quoted from other websites, even if it does not identify the original poster.

Please keep posts in City-Data Relationships forum relevant to actual [romantic] relationship issues. Thanks.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships