Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 04:44 PM

224 posts, read 356,799 times

Advertisements

So I've been talking to this guy for a few weeks online. He found me via social media, and now we email each other every single day. He uses social media in relation to advertising his business--he's not a totally active user.

The thing is, he's wealthy but I think he might be a little coo coo for cocoa puffs. I'm not being catfished, I've done my research. Has a very successful business.

He's much older than I am, old enough to be my father.

He's been married before, but it only lasted 3 years. She apparently cheated on him, and would talk to other men on the internet. He didn't like this, so they split. He has no children, but wants some.

He lives out in Florida, and is actually making plans to buy a home in the state I live in (New England area) and wants to marry me, he says. He keeps telling me how he's so in love with me.

We learn more and more about each and every day, but I do not love him.

Should I ditch this guy, or should I just Anna Nicole Smith it, and go full throttle.

He says he's crazy about me, and loves everything about me. He says he likes me because I give him a lot of attention, and that I make him laugh.

I kind of just wanted to use him as a sugar daddy, but he seemed appalled when I jokingly asked he wanted to be my sugar daddy. He wants me to be his wife.

What do you fine folks think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 04:49 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.U.E.E.N View Post
So I've been talking to this guy for a few weeks online. He found me via social media, and now we email each other every single day. He uses social media in relation to advertising his business--he's not a totally active user.

The thing is, he's wealthy but I think he might be a little coo coo for cocoa puffs. I'm not being catfished, I've done my research. Has a very successful business.

He's been married before, but it only lasted 3 years. She apparently cheated on him, and would talk to other men on the internet. He didn't like this, so they split. He has no children, but wants some.

He lives out in Florida, and is actually making plans to buy a home in the state I live in (New England area) and wants to marry me, he says. He keeps telling me how he's so in love with me.

Should I ditch this guy, or should I just Anna Nicole Smith it, and go full throttle.

He says he's crazy about me, and loves everything about me. He says he likes me because I give him a lot of attention, and that I make him laugh.

I kind of just wanted to use him as a sugar daddy, but he seemed appalled when I jokingly asked he wanted to be my sugar daddy. He wants me to be his wife.

I don’t think it’s OK to use people, but maybe he doesn’t care if you don’t love him right now as long as you’re open to growing to love him. So go ahead and marry him if you want to!

Old 06-08-2018, 04:50 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Keep talking to him if you want, but don't make any plans until you actually meet and he lives in Connecticut.

Right now it's all just BS anyway.

Don't use people, though. That'll give you a ticket on the Hell Express.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:53 PM

11,394 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Go for it.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:02 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
You did say ( in a short lived thread ) that you were looking for a wealthy guy... here's your chance. Lol

Old 06-08-2018, 05:04 PM

224 posts, read 356,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
You did say ( in a short lived thread ) that you were looking for a wealthy guy... here's your chance. Lol
True. Very true. I should give this a shot.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Well, of course you don't love him. You've never met him.

And he doesn't love you. He loves the idea of you, and what he's created in his own head about you.

Do you have any plans to actually meet at any point? A man who's a successful business man and has a wonderful personality and is healthy - IMHO - would not be in such a huge rush to marry someone he hasn't met.

He's wealthy, he's old enough to be your dad, and he's been married 3 years of his 40 something life. Something's wrong.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:12 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
If someone falls in love with me in 3 weeks my immediate reaction is that they are immature...or don't know their own mind...or that they are lying to take advantage of me because they think I'm stupid...or that I could be anyone at all and they'd feel the same so basically that I'm not special at all to them. So yeah - all bad reasons.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:18 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:

I think he's a nut and you're...

Either he is very naive, in which case I pity him, or he is playing you, in which case you sound like a perfect match. Using people is not okay.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:39 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

Yeahhhhh...no. You know what the answer is, OP. You seem to have a good sense about these things. But what bothers me is that it raises the "too much too soon" red flag. He hasn't even met you, but he's in love with you? And he's old enough to be your father? If that's true, he should know better than to "fall in love" with a stranger over the internet. He "loves" you, because you give him attention? Anyone could do that. Would he "fall in love" with anyone who gave him attention and made him laugh?

This guy is asking for trouble. (If, in fact, he's for real, as you say he is.) Very bad decision-making skills. Don't let his train wreck happen in your front yard. Send him on down the line. CHOO-CHOO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships