Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 01:28 AM

57 posts, read 34,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
She can't legally bar you from your child unless she can prove you are a threat to them.

But I have to be honest, you simply chose a crappy person to marry/have a family with. She was giving you signs she had major issues before you got back together. I think it's important to know the difference b/w trying to make it work and putting up with BS. To me, you were doing the latter. You have admitted yourself you don't love her anymore and it's clear she doesn't/possibly never loved you. So what is there to salvage? Don't attempt to marry her in order to look noble or get away from the label of being a "baby daddy." Relationships are not perfect and our pickers are often very flawed. Especially when we're young.

I think it'd be in the best interest of you both to just let it go. Take this as a lesson and reference it when you get back into dating. You need to do some soul searching and please find another job. Working with people like that can lead you down a bad path.
I've left the old job a while ago like last year. We were acutally doing very good until they llied on me and she believed it. The lie was that i was cheating on ehr and planned to leave her for them ( co workers). But even before then like before my grandma passed she was acting like this not trusting me. I mean unless guys in her past cheated on her is what causes her to not trust people then idk why she was doing this before they said anything to her. I tell her where i'm going and when i'm coming back i even give her updates as well. So its not like i leave without any word or even not text her. i give her reasons to trust me but i feel something is holding her back i just dont know what. Like i said to another responder

MY ACTIONS THAT I'M ABOUT TO DO (DOING RIGHT NOW) IS GONNA SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

If it fails that even what she sees is me proving myself then i guess i gotta man up and just be there for the baby.

It will be a lesson learned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 01:35 AM

Quote:
She can't legally bar you from your child unless she can prove you are a threat to them.

But I have to be honest, you simply chose a crappy person to marry/have a family with. She was giving you signs she had major issues before you got back together. I think it's important to know the difference b/w trying to make it work and putting up with BS. To me, you were doing the latter. You have admitted yourself you don't love her anymore and it's clear she doesn't/possibly never loved you. So what is there to salvage? Don't attempt to marry her in order to look noble or get away from the label of being a "baby daddy." Relationships are not perfect and our pickers are often very flawed. Especially when we're young.

I think it'd be in the best interest of you both to just let it go. Take this as a lesson and reference it when you get back into dating. You need to do some soul searching and please find another job. Working with people like that can lead you down a bad path.
The person i loved is gone and i was trying to find her again but whatever they said to her (to which to this day she won't show me what they sent her nor tell me what they said) still hurts her even though she says i'm good. She admitted just about 2 months ago that she had felt this way for a while but she was trying to forgive me ( again i could understand i did something and knew then okay but the two co workers who she named told her i did her wrong but thats al i know).

The one i fell in love with would jump all over me and couldn't resist putting her hands on me. Now, she switched up her feelings and i'm the one lost. But hey i'm changing me and being a man about things. She'll see it eventually. I plan on not contacting her first but letting her contact me to see if she still cares somewhere.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFoster94 View Post
I like this thought that i can understand

btw i am open and honest with her all the time even after the issues we had.

Actions speak louder than words though so i can show it without saying it

while actions do speak louder than words, some people are deaf when it comes to actions, and they need the hear the words as well.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:32 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Don’t let a crap relationship get in the way of being the best father you can be.
Of course, we must do our best. But how can a crap relationship NOT get in the way of being a good father? I find myself wishing for an adoption.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:16 PM

Yeah everyday idk what to make of this like how did it become so bad.

I wish i could back and do some things different

I feel like there is another guy already in the picture if he wasn't already with her to begin with

This is whole situation is weird

Old 06-18-2018, 05:06 AM

Shes' trying to leave the state with my baby and she's not coming back but she says she'll visit

wth y'all do you think its the pregnancy hormones for the cause of this

everyday she goes from saying she loves me and wants it to work then says she's done and wants to leave me and she doesn't trust me. I'm lost here

Old 06-18-2018, 10:11 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Focus on your child, forget the woman.
Be civil with her, but drop trying to understand her.

work on making yourself a better person for your daughter. Don’t hold your bad choices against your child’s future. You’re the only other parent this child will have if her mother cannot care for her correctly.

You need to step it up for your daughter and stop allowing the dramatics with this woman to suck you in and envolpe you.

Last edited by rego00123; 06-18-2018 at 10:20 AM..

Old 06-18-2018, 10:15 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
How many times do we have to tell you this woman is a nut job, before you take the "hint?" Op, she's toxic, let her go and focus on the baby.

This is NOT how a healthy relationship goes.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:19 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I think you need to let her do whatever she wants to do. Less drama that way.

See a lawyer about the child and learn your rights. Do your best to keep a good job so you can pay your share of the child support. Be there when it’s your turn to be the parent. Avoid trouble makers. Simple stuff.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
How many times do we have to tell you this woman is a nut job, before you take the "hint?" Op, she's toxic, let her go and focus on the baby.

This is NOT how a healthy relationship goes.
Yeah but you do realize that women tend to win in the case of custody so i might lose on this

However, i am a great guy who would love the baby too much AKA spoiled

I see the behavior is awful so i'm letting things be as they are and just be there for the baby

I got the hint and i feel like she already got another guy anyways so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships