Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 07:41 PM

42 posts, read 19,267 times

Advertisements

I’m really getting the feeling he’s not interested anymore. Still no contact today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 04:36 AM

17,734 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc615 View Post
I’m really getting the feeling he’s not interested anymore. Still no contact today.

Let us know how your plans for today go.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Let us know how your plans for today go.
Update: He was at his friend's house last night but he responded to my snapchat story where I was complaining about my day (I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday to say the least) and he said "I hope you are ok" to which I replied "eh, i've been better" and then he said "well I can't wait to see you tomorrow" and then he texted me first thing this morning saying good morning " so...looks like he's coming over

Old 06-12-2018, 08:51 AM

Quick question: he works a very physical job all day so by the time he gets home, he likes to relax. Should I give him the option of staying at my place and watching a movie or going to the park? I don't want to just say "let's go to the park" cause I don't want him to feel pressured if he would rather just relax and stay in....some people are telling me not to give him a choice because it will stress him out.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:21 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
How about taking something cool to drink and snacks to relax at the park on a beach towel, or something?

Old 06-12-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How about taking something cool to drink and snacks to relax at the park on a beach towel, or something?
I'm afraid to do that because he said he wouldn't be hungry....I don't want to pressure him to eat or drink anything if it makes him uncomfortable.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:31 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc615 View Post
I'm afraid to do that because he said he wouldn't be hungry....I don't want to pressure him to eat or drink anything if it makes him uncomfortable.
Oh, right. He somehow "knows" he won't need any food for the rest of the day, until tomorrow. I would ignore that comment, and would have some snacks and a cool drink, anyway. If it's warm weather and he does physical labor, he'll appreciate the drink. He can always decline the snacks. It's part of being a good host/ess to offer something to your guest. You can always put a couple of small cans of something in a small backpack or purse, and a little bag of cheese and crackers, or something, and take it with you to the park.

Otherwise, if you stay home, and you're oddly terrified of offering him anything, what are you two going to do for the next, roughly 3-6 hours, or however long the hangout is supposed to last? What kind of a date is this? Do you see where this is headed?

And there's the whole issue raised by the fact that you say you're "afraid" to offer him anything to eat/drink. Maybe this isn't a good match, if you're afraid to do something that comes naturally. My "there's something wrong with this picture" flag keeps popping up, here. What if he says he doesn't want to go to the park, "Let's just stay here and chill"? What's your Plan B?

I predict a train wreck of a date. I think he has an agenda, as suggested earlier in the thread. Sorry, OP. But give it your best shot, anyway.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:09 PM

983 posts, read 2,773,888 times
Next time you are with him, kiss him. Yes, YOU make the next move and make it crystal clear you are romantically interested. He's probably being cautious because of worry that you are still hooked on your ex.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:04 AM

Update: He did not come over yesterday. He was feeling under the weather and I do believe him because he snapchatted me a picture and he looked HORRIBLE! I told him to go home and rest but I was able to have a conversation with him about a few things. We are on the same page now. He told me his is interested in spending more time with me because he feels comfortable around me and that he's just taking things 1 day at a time. He's been hurt in the past, as have I, so neither one of us are ready to just jump right into things. I do believe he is a genuinely nice, respectful guy. I have a good feeling about him. He is not like any other guy I've ever met. Even though we've only seen each other once, we've been talking for about 8 months now so I do think I have a good sense of who he is as a person. But still, I am treading lightly cause you really just never know. But now I feel as though both of us are feeling the same way. We like each other and we're just going to go with the flow and see where life takes us. But even if it doesn't end up working out, at least I will have a good friend. As long as he is feeling better, I should be seeing him either tomorrow or Friday....and now I am much more comfortable about it.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Right. Sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships