Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 06:04 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times

Advertisements

Just say your girlfriend would rather not. It gets too complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 10:06 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1982 View Post
My friend came to me the other day sad because he has trouble attracting women and saying how he must be ugly and as a good friend I told him he’s not and he’s a great catch blah blah blah

So then he asks me if my girlfriend would set him up with one of her friends so I asked her and she said that he’s ugly and no way would any of her friends go for him they said so before that he’s ugly.

There’s no way I could be honest with him he’d be devastated. So what do I tell him?
According to you, you've already lied to him once...so just lie again...say what others have said...you're not match makers and he's on his own.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:36 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,312 times
Why are people getting offended because of what the gf said when men reject women because of their looks every day? LOL

Old 06-14-2018, 03:02 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Quote:
I love all these people here in their high horse who apparently never have judged anyone’s looks and never said anything negative about them

Don’t throw stones in a well you know
I don't have to worry about that. I was brought up, and I brought my sons up the same way, to not ever in a million years talk about somebody like that. They're just as much as a person as anybody else. To me, looks don't mean hardly anything. I'd rather have what you call "ugly" instead of somebody who acts like you and your girlfriend. And I was proud of my oldest son in his high school years. We were at the school for a ball game and he and some of his buddies were standing around. A girl in their class walked by and a couple of the boys laughed and pointed at her and started calling her a "fat, ugly thing". My son spun around and told them to shut that up and quit calling her names like that.
The bad thing about this world is there are too many clowns like you out there.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:04 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,438,277 times
Tell your friend to man up and find his own girlfriend.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:12 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I don't have to worry about that. I was brought up, and I brought my sons up the same way, to not ever in a million years talk about somebody like that. They're just as much as a person as anybody else. To me, looks don't mean hardly anything. I'd rather have what you call "ugly" instead of somebody who acts like you and your girlfriend. And I was proud of my oldest son in his high school years. We were at the school for a ball game and he and some of his buddies were standing around. A girl in their class walked by and a couple of the boys laughed and pointed at her and started calling her a "fat, ugly thing". My son spun around and told them to shut that up and quit calling her names like that.

Way to go parent and son!

Old 06-14-2018, 04:12 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Assuming OP is a real person, it sounds like his "friend" is trying to date women who're too attractive for him.

What would make sense, would be for him to date women who're at his own level of attractiveness (or below his level).

Or, he could become more attractive. He could hire a personal trainer, spend two hours a day exercising, and vacation in places where steroids are legal (the added bonus of such vacation spots, is that he might find many inexpensive young women who will "love him long time"). He could optimize his diet, and stop consuming destructive substances (drugs, cigs, booze, SUGAR...).

Aside from developing a better body, he could look in the mirror. The things men currently are doing, which render them "ugly" are:

Wearing "Hipster Glasses". Ugly glasses are fashionable. But they also make you UGLY.

Having greasy up-do hairdos. Looking like you stepped out of a "cool" 1940s cartoon, may make you look "cool". But it can also make you UGLY.

Wearing "skinny jeans". Again, they're the current fashion. But they make your pelvis look wide, unless you're built unbelievably well. A wide pelvis is a FEMALE GENDER SIGNAL. So, unless you're after women who'd actually prefer other women, you've lost the race, right out of the gate.

I realize that all of the above, are things which Millennials/Z/Y do, to distance themselves as a generation, from their parents and grandparents (who, they have been taught by the Current Reigning Orthodoxy, are old and wrong and evil and basically nonhuman). So, they adopt looks which older (therefore "wrong") people find repulsive. But AT WHAT PRICE?

Early Twentieth Century "looks" for men, were developed, intentionally (by military strategists working with religious leaders), to make men as physically repulsive as possible. Simultaneously, women were made to look as luscious and sexual as possible. This was because men, in droves, were turning to each other for sexual release. Churches needed to fill pews. Factories needed wage slaves for their assembly lines. Landlords needed tenants. Warmongers needed an endless supply of boys to send to their ever-so-profitable wars. BREED, BREED, BREED, was the cry of the greedy. And forcing young men into the arms of young women (by making men unattractive to each other), seemed to be the prescription for producing bumper crops of churchgoers and cannon fodder. Again, the pomaded, shaved, asexually-dressed man of the Early Twentieth Century, was the result of social engineering - a well-considered campaign to force ALL men into heterosexuality (by making men repulsive, and women desirable). Maybe OP's friend has chosen packaging strategies originally INTENDED to make men ugly.

There are other cosmetic kisses-of-death, like over-shaped beards (particularly chinstraps, and beards shaved too far up the neck - or shaved too far down from the cheekbone). Many men cannot wear short-sleeved teeshirts (but do). You have to have wide shoulders and good bodyfat patterns (and big arms) to look decent in a short-sleeved tee. Many men wear "dress shirts" with short sleeves. Again, you have to have great shoulders and arms, for this to look anything but pitiful. Many men wear shiny black shoes with bluejeans (this only works for over-70 Eurotrash socialites, and men who live in South America - and it's UGLY, even on them).

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 06-14-2018 at 04:22 PM..

Old 06-14-2018, 04:21 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,068,123 times
Quote:
My friend came to me the other day sad because he has trouble attracting women and saying how he must be ugly and as a good friend I told him he’s not and he’s a great catch blah blah blah

So then he asks me if my girlfriend would set him up with one of her friends so I asked her and she said that he’s ugly and no way would any of her friends go for him they said so before that he’s ugly.

There’s no way I could be honest with him he’d be devastated. So what do I tell him?
I would tell your friend "if I were you, I'd seek other company besides Ken and his not so nice girlfriend. You deserve better pal."

Old 06-14-2018, 05:52 PM

1,158 posts, read 960,525 times
Get real there are some really, really homely folks in the world. Sadly, society DOES judge people by their physical appearance. I do not believe this is right and I believe there is someone for everyone -- but to pretend there there is not a bias against unattractive people in the world or that their dating prospects are not limited is laughable.

A psychiatrist I worked for once wrote in a patient's medical record, "If I had to look in the mirror at that face everyday, I would be depressed too." Now that is tacky.

OP just tell your friend your girlfriend does not fix people up.

Clearly you like his personality and that is why he is your friend.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:57 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Thanks for being a good parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships