Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM

6 posts, read 6,423 times

Advertisements

I did not even know I was doing it. See, she is muslin and feels the women should not tell what a man is suppose to do. I came 2600 miles to help him so he could maybe get curiosity of his children. The flight was long and tiring and had to wake up a 2am to take this flight. I waited around over 2 hours at air port waiting for a ride. I finally made it to his house. I finally got to face time my husband and all I said was please keep the house clean because we are selling it. Now she does not want me to watch her kids, or have anything to do with my grand children. Because I disrespected my husband.
This morning my son chewed me out because of this.
I want to know why I have to change our religion, our ways, to please this women because she is muslin. I thought women have equal rights in America and we are not living in the 17 hundreds. I am a independent so my feelings are pushed aside.
Not only she might be hurt but so is me.
I feel things will not work out for us, we are moving because of my son new girl friend, not because we want
to. If we did move it would not be back on the east coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 09:26 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
I was going to comment on the blatant errors, but then I re-read the post and decided that American English is obviously not the first language of the OP, so I decided to ignore the errors.

OP, you have inadvertently caused a religious offense against that woman. I doubt if there is anything you can do at this point to solve the problem. Your son is plainly favoring her over you, and there quite likely isn't much you can do about that, either.
There are people in this world that one must be very careful around. You had the misfortune to encounter one.
Good luck.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:27 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris6753 View Post
I did not even know I was doing it. See, she is muslin and feels the women should not tell what a man is suppose to do. I came 2600 miles to help him so he could maybe get curiosity of his children. The flight was long and tiring and had to wake up a 2am to take this flight. I waited around over 2 hours at air port waiting for a ride. I finally made it to his house. I finally got to face time my husband and all I said was please keep the house clean because we are selling it. Now she does not want me to watch her kids, or have anything to do with my grand children. Because I disrespected my husband.
This morning my son chewed me out because of this.
I want to know why I have to change our religion, our ways, to please this women because she is muslin. I thought women have equal rights in America and we are not living in the 17 hundreds. I am a independent so my feelings are pushed aside.
I feel things will not work out for us, we are moving because of my son new girl friend, not because we want
to. If we did move it would not be back on the east coast.
So this is the son whose wife walked out and took their triplets?

Are your grandkids HER kids? If not, I'd tell this girlfriend ... well, you need to have a talk with your son about his life choices first.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:41 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
When feminism meets globalism, it can be like mixing oil with water. You gotta figure out for yourself which one you value more, and act accordingly.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:45 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris6753 View Post
I want to know why I have to change our religion, our ways, to please this women because she is muslin.
to. :
1. You don'T HAVE to change your ways to accommodate your sons girlfriend...that's a CHOICE you've decided to make.
2. You are moving because YOU have decided to...unless the son and his new girlfriend have you shackled and are transporting you against your will.

Unfortunately it's your own son and husband that are putting you through this, with little regard for your feelings. Sorry, but you may just have to grin and bare it...don't blame the woman...put the blame where it belongs.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:45 AM

317 posts, read 223,850 times
You are his mother and she is disrespecting you. Point that out to her. And she might need a reminder that she is only a girlfriend at this point, not his wife, and should know her place.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:16 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Seems like there's a backstory here. What do you mean "Help him get a curiosity about his children"? Is your son and the GF living together? Seems like that would satisfy his curiosity plenty. Or...someone alluded to the GF taking triplets to someplace else? Back to her home country?

Seems like you have to decide how important to you it is, to have a relationship with these kids. If it's really important to you, apologize to this girl, with the explanation that you did not mean to offend, and then try to bend a little for her.

To me, it seems like it comes down to what's most important for you. And I don't mean that in a condescending way at all. Maybe you CAN'T be that person she wants you to be, and if that's the case, I totally get it. In that case, I'd be telling my son "I can't undo (however old you are) of upbringing and my culture to accommodate this woman. Sorry, but you're on your own here."

Old 06-14-2018, 12:25 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Yeah....she's a crazy lady and your son is crazy to not stand up to her. You can do and say whatever you want to your husband - it's none of her business but she's using this to show what a flawed character you have and to show your unfit-ness to be around her (?) or is it her and your son's kids? If they are your son's kids with her then I have no idea how it took years for you to screw up if such a tiny thing as this is held against you.

How long have they been together? Are they going to last? Do you care about the kids?

I disagree that you can bend to suit her if you can't even ask your husband to keep the house clean while you're gone - you will fail multiple times a week, if not daily - just not realistic.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:32 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
Non Romantic relationship

Old 06-14-2018, 02:58 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So this is the son whose wife walked out and took their triplets?

Are your grandkids HER kids? If not, I'd tell this girlfriend ... well, you need to have a talk with your son about his life choices first.
I'm really confused. How many children? How many of the these children are your son's biological children? How many are your biological Grandkids? How long has he dated this woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships