Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 07:44 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times

Advertisements

Think about it like this:

Is it better to stay together and risk your son seeing or, God forbid, getting hurt due to these yearly fights?

Or

Separate with your son and potentially deal with him having difficulties adjusting to the new situation?

When we make naive mistakes, these are sometimes the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 08:21 AM

6 posts, read 2,455 times
I did those things out of frustration because i was being ignored and it felt awful, but I was nice about 10 minutes. Guess I wont be doing that again. Never thought of it as wrong way of communicating removing distractions. Sound like I need therapy and or professional help after this source of thing. I never had anyone cross those lines with me and I was in shock not knowing what to do. Letting my fear of loading my family not allowing me to think about my self too. I was just asking him to help out and be more contributing with chores. He was just laying in bed texting and watching tv. You all have opened my eyes, this is a toxic crappy deal I’m getting. He is an abuser for slamming me down all 260 pounds crushing me down.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:11 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,342,412 times
[quote=Drsunrise;52214148]I did those things out of frustration because i was being ignored and it felt awful, but I was nice about 10 minutes. Guess I wont be doing that again. Never thought of it as wrong way of communicating removing distractions. Sound like I need therapy and or professional help after this source of thing. I never had anyone cross those lines with me and I was in shock not knowing what to do. Letting my fear of loading my family not allowing me to think about my self too. I was just asking him to help out and be more contributing with chores. He was just laying in bed texting and watching tv. You all have opened my eyes, this is a toxic crappy deal I’m getting. He is an abuser for slamming me down all 260 pounds crushing me down.[/QUOTE]

I hope you really believe that and act on that. It won't get better on it's own. The longer you remain in the situation the more difficult it will be for you to leave it and the greater the chance that he will hurt you again.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:39 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
[quote=rrah;52214494]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsunrise View Post
I did those things out of frustration because i was being ignored and it felt awful, but I was nice about 10 minutes. Guess I wont be doing that again. Never thought of it as wrong way of communicating removing distractions. Sound like I need therapy and or professional help after this source of thing. I never had anyone cross those lines with me and I was in shock not knowing what to do. Letting my fear of loading my family not allowing me to think about my self too. I was just asking him to help out and be more contributing with chores. He was just laying in bed texting and watching tv. You all have opened my eyes, this is a toxic crappy deal I’m getting. He is an abuser for slamming me down all 260 pounds crushing me down.[/QUOTE]

I hope you really believe that and act on that. It won't get better on it's own. The longer you remain in the situation the more difficult it will be for you to leave it and the greater the chance that he will hurt you again.
I will never in a million years get physical with a woman, period; I'm the type who would just leave the room even while taking a beating. But not all guys are like that. My advice is: don't start a physical confrontation and think your gender is some sort of shield. Talk or Walk are the only options for either side.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:34 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
OP: Hope you can work things out with your 2 children. Many women raise children on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships