Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 10:51 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh God yes.

<3 <3 <3
Oh hey and how about that thing where the guy gets your most obscure nerdy references?

The first message my love sent me, recognized my references to Invader Zim, The Maxx, and Monty Python in my fetlife profile. Be still, my nerdy little heart!

I love Cthulhu, he loves tentacle... well, it's close enough, ok!

He got me hooked on Game of Thrones, and I'm getting him into Red Dwarf. Though I may never truly forgive him for exposing me to the freakshow that is "Zardoz."

Old 06-19-2018, 10:59 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Oh hey and how about that thing where the guy gets your most obscure nerdy references?

The first message my love sent me, recognized my references to Invader Zim, The Maxx, and Monty Python in my fetlife profile. Be still, my nerdy little heart!

I love Cthulhu, he loves tentacle... well, it's close enough, ok!

He got me hooked on Game of Thrones, and I'm getting him into Red Dwarf. Though I may never truly forgive him for exposing me to the freakshow that is "Zardoz."
The minute I realized my husband could estimate (accurately) how many leagues it was from Bree to Minas Tirith, my panties hit the floor.

Accurately quoting The Holy Grail, telling me he had a bad feeling about such-and-such, and other references just cemented the deal.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:02 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
Quote:
Oh God yes.

<3 <3 <3
Recently at a Meetup, a woman that's a runner, highly athletic, has paired up with a guy who was kind of , well, obviously overweight. I mean, he had an okay face, but I figured she'd have some kind of health criteria when dating a guy...so...*shrug* who knows.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:09 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
The minute I realized my husband could estimate (accurately) how many leagues it was from Bree to Minas Tirith, my panties hit the floor.

Accurately quoting The Holy Grail, telling me he had a bad feeling about such-and-such, and other references just cemented the deal.
The last line of my profile, is:

"We apologize for the faults in this profile. Those responsible have been sacked."

Holy Grail rules.

Though I also like, when my friend keeps talking about her new pets/hobbies (hedgehogs--I guess she is going to breed them...whatever) I cannot resist the urge to loudly say, "DINSDALE!" If I had a hedgehog, regardless of its gender, I would absolutely call it Spiny Norman.

The leagues from Bree to Minas Tirith...wow! Gives one chills a bit, actually. You got a winner!

Old 06-19-2018, 01:26 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Uh, let's just say that any dude whose biggest gift is at being "the norm" and socially invisible, blending in and disappearing and dodging notice...is a lot less likely to get the attention of women. Or anyone. Because that's kind of what that means?

Trust some CD-R dudes to take "Hey you can be short and still be awesome and get laid" and twist it around to "Well most normal guys can't be awesome" and "why should a guy have to jump through hoops and do tricks." Good lord.

Does it really shock you that a dash of style, some talent or flair, an interesting personality, helps a guy get women better than "I am the norm." ?? Isn't it a good thing, that those things, which a man actually CAN develop if he tries, are enough to more than make up for something he could not help, such as his height?
Oh yeah, this whole "blend in and look like exact replicas, clones of everyone else and then expect to somehow be noticed from the crowd thing...

Old 06-19-2018, 01:34 PM

777 posts, read 452,514 times
Quote:

But (and I don't know if other women are the same?) if you get to know a man a bit, and some feature of him really hooks you and reels you in right, and you get all into him... It isn't that you feel like, "Well I love him despite his looks, which are not great" ... It's more like, "Well when we first met, I remember that I wasn't impressed by his looks. I know that my friends are not impressed by his looks. But I now have magic vision and I can see him differently. My eyes see a sexy man where once they did not." I know that must sound nuts to anyone who hasn't experienced it, but that is how it works for me. I feel like my eyes work differently, I see the same man differently, if he has "hooked" me in one way or another. Especially after sex. I bet it's a hormone thing. Hormones can make you crazy.
I totally start seeing a man differently after sex.

I had no attraction to my ex when we first met. I found him distinctly Unattractive. But his appearance grew on me after a while. It took several months of working together before I started seeing him as attractive in any way. We got to be "friends" (or so my naïve self thought, he really was slowly pursuing me, I see this in hindsight). And once we hit the sack, it was all over for me.

It's happened since the divorce as well. There have also been men whose appearance grew on me, although we didn't make it far enough to get to bed with each other.

And I know I've said my SO isn't a perfect physical specimen, but he seems to look better to me every time I see him.

Once things really start clicking personality/chemistry-wise, features previously seen as not so attractive take on a different appeal, because of who they're attached to.

Now, there may be some women out there whose perspective on a man's attractiveness never changes, but I think they're a distinct minority. I believe the potential for someone to start looking better to a partner is there almost all the time, if things are otherwise clicking.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:23 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
Briefly, yes, once. But his looks had nothing to do why I wasn't attracted to him. He was nice-looking, we got along great, and shared common interests and similar sense of wry humor; on paper we should have made a great match, but the chemistry was missing. As much as I liked him, I just wasn't physically attracted enough to bone him.
Same! In fact one of them is a match from OLD from a few years ago. Actually keep him around on social media and we stay in touch regularly there. Nice guy but no chemistry in that way. It's a shame because on paper it should have been perfect!

Old 06-20-2018, 07:42 PM

73 posts, read 79,891 times
First of all women with no makeup, hair styling, nails done, or nice clothes probably rank lower in looks than a similar or "normal man".
Sad but true. That is why the illusion is there of a pretty woman with an average or "ugly man". I have seen trannys in a club that blew away most of the women in the "store bought woman look".
I am above average with an athletic build who has dated beauty pageant winners who understood that the real them was without all the makeup and the other accoutrements mentioned above.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:43 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
Quote:
May as well give it a shot......

[Looking you in the eye]

Did you know we can estimate the number PI by essentially counting the number times a needle crosses horizontal straight lines when tossed onto a sheet of paper?

[Looking at the floor]

[Looking back in your eyes]

Did you know that a highly accurate theory of gravity states that objects are attracted as a function of their masses and distance between, and that if a solar-massed black hole the size of your thumb instantaneously took the place of our Sun that the earth's orbit would be unchanged? (big grin)

[Looking back down at the floor......]

Do women date men they don't find physically attractive?
God, I hope so.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:48 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentmissing View Post
First of all women with no makeup, hair styling, nails done, or nice clothes probably rank lower in looks than a similar or "normal man".
Sad but true. That is why the illusion is there of a pretty woman with an average or "ugly man". I have seen trannys in a club that blew away most of the women in the "store bought woman look".
I am above average with an athletic build who has dated beauty pageant winners who understood that the real them was without all the makeup and the other accoutrements mentioned above.
What's your point here? I'm not following. It seems kind of rambling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships