Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 11:07 AM

6,535 posts, read 8,340,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Seems like everyone is missing the most important aspect of the original post. Forget the trip - that's just noise.

The most important issue is that the two of them are about to move in together. There was an agreement and plans made. Now, the week before the move-in happens, suddenly there is a new requirement.

There's your red flag. The trip(s) and new requirement are simply a signal telling the guy moving in that this may not be the best idea.

He should listen to what she is telling him.
An agreement that she would never take a trip without her BF?

A "requirement" that he be okay with her to go on the occasional girls' trip?

I didn't see any of that mentioned in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 11:13 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,872,068 times
The only way I could possibly see "girls trips" or "guys trips" to be a problem is if those were the ONLY trips ever taken by the people... if they have no together trips.

I'd be a little miffed if my SO never wanted to vacation with me and only wanted to go with their friends... but that's not what is happening here.

Away time is great, in my opinion, as long as there is trust. And if there is no trust, it's not much of a relationship anyway.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:18 AM

5,684 posts, read 4,627,226 times
Why do YOU give a crap?

Old 06-19-2018, 11:23 AM

29,699 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
The only way I could possibly see "girls trips" or "guys trips" to be a problem is if those were the ONLY trips ever taken by the people... if they have no together trips.

I'd be a little miffed if my SO never wanted to vacation with me and only wanted to go with their friends... but that's not what is happening here.

Away time is great, in my opinion, as long as there is trust. And if there is no trust, it's not much of a relationship anyway.
Right, they've got a trip together already planned and paid for, and this guy wants to break up because she might want to go on a trip with a friend in six months. It doesn't make any sense.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:26 AM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
There is nothing inherently wrong with needing "girl" or "boy" trips.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-19-2018, 11:32 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
OP, this is a weird topic for a number of reasons. First off, why are you involved in this, has your 'friend' asked for advice about the situation you presented? Or is this really about you and your own gf?

Second - what is wrong with your friend? Why does he want to back out of a cruise he committed to, with his gf? Isn't he from the position of wanting to holiday with the gf?

Third - if the gf is a grown adult, she can plan trips to wherever and with whomever she chooses. Is the 'friend' worried about her getting some action on the side? She doesn't need to travel with a group of females to do that (actually, why would she want to expose herself that way to her friends if in fact she's looking for cheap thrills on the side?) - she could find side pieces locally.

To the poster who asked why she can't do girl things locally - she can, and probably does. I counter your question - why can't she do girl things out of town or abroad?

Old 06-19-2018, 12:08 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,690,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
An agreement that she would never take a trip without her BF?

A "requirement" that he be okay with her to go on the occasional girls' trip?

I didn't see any of that mentioned in the OP.
The agreement made was for them to move in together.

What concerns me is, she brings up the need (requirement) to go on girls trips the week before he is scheduled to move in.

The overriding problem here is a lack of communication. They were together two weeks at a time every three months and discussing their living situation and how it was going to work never came up?

That's on both of them.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:31 PM

29,699 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
The agreement made was for them to move in together.

What concerns me is, she brings up the need (requirement) to go on girls trips the week before he is scheduled to move in.
Why is their living together and her occasionally going on trips with her friends mutually exclusive? You're responding as if it's some sort of betrayal.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:38 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,427,520 times
Does she not have the ability to hang out with her friends locally when she desires?
How often is doing these trip excluding her SO?
how often does she plan and go away with only her SO?

There really isn’t enough information here to make much of a determination in any one direction, Just questions

The only real determination I can make from what was written is nobody is really talking to one another until they absolutely need to. That in itself is more concerning than who is going where with whom

Last edited by rego00123; 06-19-2018 at 12:46 PM..

Old 06-19-2018, 12:52 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,690,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Why is their living together and her occasionally going on trips with her friends mutually exclusive? You're responding as if it's some sort of betrayal.
Not a betrayal, but my question is, why did it come up then? Is this not something they would have discussed prior to the move-in date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships