Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 11:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDude View Post
She wasnt exactly a planned baby. ��

They are easily avoidable. And I'm sure you had plenty of notice. Anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 12:20 PM

569 posts, read 440,340 times
A relationship is not going to be great every hour of every day but one should not make you miserable or insecure all the time. While you may have gone to therapy for previous issues, this is a new one and having a new baby in the mix who relies on your makes it even more important to get help. If your previous relationship was abusive like you specified above, maybe the first place to start is to focus on what you can control - your self worth and self esteem. When you start seeing that you deserve more, you will be more proactive about making sure that you surround yourself with people who give you more. Are you parents supportive of you? If so, even if you don't always see eye to eye, they are still there in your court.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:36 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Who takes care of the baby while you work, OP?

Old 06-19-2018, 12:38 PM

6 posts, read 2,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeeesmom View Post
A relationship is not going to be great every hour of every day but one should not make you miserable or insecure all the time. While you may have gone to therapy for previous issues, this is a new one and having a new baby in the mix who relies on your makes it even more important to get help. If your previous relationship was abusive like you specified above, maybe the first place to start is to focus on what you can control - your self worth and self esteem. When you start seeing that you deserve more, you will be more proactive about making sure that you surround yourself with people who give you more. Are you parents supportive of you? If so, even if you don't always see eye to eye, they are still there in your court.
They are very supportive. My parents help me a lot but I don't want them to give too much cause they would. I just dont think I'm worth going to therapy and spending that money and time.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:39 PM

6 posts, read 2,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Who takes care of the baby while you work, OP?
I havent gone back to work yet. I go back next week. But my mother is willing to help and so is my fiance.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:43 PM

735 posts, read 452,724 times
If you have doubt about marrying him, don't marry him yet. You two can co-parent without getting married. You should get professional help soon, and it's worth the money to do so. Do it not just for yourself, for your kid too!

Old 06-19-2018, 12:52 PM

569 posts, read 440,340 times
Quote:
They are very supportive. My parents help me a lot but I don't want them to give too much cause they would. I just dont think I'm worth going to therapy and spending that money and time.
That's the problem. You don't think you are worth it so why should anyone else? There are therapists that work on sliding scale and very low cost out there. Also there are therapists that work in the evenings. There are even therapists that you can reach out to via telephone and text. You are worth it and until you start believing that you will continue to be treated poorly.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:55 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
"Willing to help"? It's a 6-week old infant, not a plant that needs watering. You mentioned that your mother works full-time. It just seems sort of....odd that the literal care and feeding of this baby hasn't been sorted.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:17 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Let your parents help. And think positive. Things will get better.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:17 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I havent gone back to work yet. I go back next week.
He should not be your fiance.

You two need to separate, finish growing up, and learn about co-parenting. He needs to understand that he is a father, not a fill-in helper.

Your goal should be independence. You need to choose a goal such as a vehicle or a place to live on your own, if it is affordable in your area.

Your baby may have been unplanned, but she is the factor around which ALL other decisions must be made from now on. And your romantic relationship with her father, such as it is, is not a priority right now.

Break it off with him and move forward on your own for now. Please continue therapy of some kind, with a new therapist. You are not just responsible for you now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships