Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2018, 06:21 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I talk to people in public all of the time. Of course, I’m over 40 and live in a fairly liberal and creative community where people tend to socialize a lot more than other places. Men and women my age tend to combine real life interaction combined with online dating to find partners.

That seems to be a good system.

If I were single and looking, I think I could find a new partner now, easier than I could have when I was younger. A lot of it has to do with the local dating pool and my age group. Pity the Millennials...
i recall an article somewhere where attractive women are being hassled by the local, blue collar workers after she arrived their for her new job. They actually resorted to dressing down to not attract attention to themselves. Usually they are on assignment for a year, or just regretted transferring there in the first place.

I think there was an article about some kind of coal mining district where she was a single, attractive accountant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 08:56 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
I have never used OLD.

The idea of talking to a stranger over the internet and then meeting up with them just doesn't sound safe to me.

If it works for you, do you. It isn't my thing.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:49 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have never used OLD.

The idea of talking to a stranger over the internet and then meeting up with them just doesn't sound safe to me.

If it works for you, do you. It isn't my thing.
Where do you meet your past 7 girlfriends over the short years on here if not OLD?

Old 06-23-2018, 09:55 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,660,430 times
if you're so attractive and in good shape, then you should meet women in person.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:15 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Where do you meet your past 7 girlfriends over the short years on here if not OLD?
What is that any business of yours? And what does that have to do with anything?

Old 06-23-2018, 10:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I talk to people in public all of the time. Of course, I’m over 40 and live in a fairly liberal and creative community where people tend to socialize a lot more than other places. Men and women my age tend to combine real life interaction combined with online dating to find partners.

That seems to be a good system.

If I were single and looking, I think I could find a new partner now, easier than I could have when I was younger. A lot of it has to do with the local dating pool and my age group. Pity the Millennials...
I just turned 40 and I live in the heart of tech land. So I am definitely an inbetweener. People are not very talkative here. I am also social and talk to people in public and plenty of people give me weird looks for sure.

People my age end up using online because they are rarely meeting people in real life, especially as we get a bit older. So many people my age are much more insular about meeting new people. They are fairly established in their circles and do not tend to adopt new people if you will.

I hear similar complaints from newcomers and singles. It is hard to break into the circle if you will. And West Coasters are kinda flaky. People use the word maybe a lot. And yes doesn't always mean yes when it comes to social activities. Especially with the advent of texting and cell phones. It is really really easy to send a last minute decline to an outing, as invites aren't very formal either. I was joking with a colleague the other day about maybe is really a soft no. And yes = maybe.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:29 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I know that people are sometimes afraid to mention this - due to the status of dogs/cats and dog/cat lovers currently in US society - but men who post their only online pic at online dating sites with a pic of them with their dog or cat can be a big turnoff to a good number of women.

I realize you are a dog lover and an animal lover - and maybe your requirement is for a woman such as yourself.

That is fine except being overly attached, overly in love, and overly obsessed with one's dog can be a turnoff to a good number of women. And posting one's one and only online dating site pic as a pic with the your dog is too much for some women. And posting more than one pic of one's dog at an online dating site (even if not the main pic) can be too much for some women - thereby eliminating even more women from your possible pool of women.
Actually, this would be a big turn-on for me. Must love dogs. An admiration for horses would help too.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What is that any business of yours? And what does that have to do with anything?
Simple question on the subject of OLD.

I didn't know you were representing him. Lol

Old 06-23-2018, 01:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I haven't even dated 7 women in my life.

More like 3 overall and those were in person approaches.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I haven't even dated 7 women in my life.

More like 3 overall and those were in person approaches.
Cool. I thought all you did was online date. I must have gotten you mixed up with some other guy in here. My Bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships