Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2018, 09:03 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackopotamus View Post
Did I post a photo of it here before?

I have another one too. More suited for dirt trail riding.

Most of the stuff I have is all about having fun.

In my younger days I was a bit of a hellian, even riding with a 3 piece patch club. Now a days, I just take it easy and enjoy the things this world has to offer.

Not so sure about painted flowers though!
It's your profile pic, here on C-D.

Well, you know--you attract more bees with honey than with a Goth vibe, to paraphrase whatever the saying is... I mean, you're not looking to attract GUYS to the sidecar, right? You want to attract ladies. I see you don't quite have the concept yet. Give it time to sink in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 09:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, you know--you attract more bees with honey than with a Goth vibe, to paraphrase whatever the saying is...
Yeah, but I doubt he wants to look like he's a Shriner in a parade ...

Your other advice is perfect, though, Ruth.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:06 PM

431 posts, read 351,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I know that people are sometimes afraid to mention this - due to the status of dogs and dog lovers currently in US society - but men who post their only online pic at online dating sites with a pic of them with their dog can be a big turnoff to a good number of women.

I realize you are a dog lover and an animal lover - and maybe your requirement is for a woman such as yourself.

That is fine except being overly attached, overly in love, and overly obsessed with one's dog can be a turnoff to a good number of women. And posting one's one and only online dating site pic as a pic with the your dog is too much for some women.

I always post as many photos as I can, some with Jack in them, others without. That said, if a woman doesn't like dogs then we are not going to be compatible.

I have found that most of the profiles I've seen either have a dog or list that they like dogs. There are a lot of dog lovers in this area (all over the west actually with lots of dog friendly establishments).

Old 06-20-2018, 09:08 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Get a KITTEH, they are furry, musty-smelling and soft!!!

I am a Homely-American and I feel your pain!

Old 06-20-2018, 09:10 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,576,196 times
Quote:

I always post as many photos as I can, some with Jack in them, others without. That said, if a woman doesn't like dogs then we are not going to be compatible.

I have found that most of the profiles I've seen either have a dog or list that they like dogs. There are a lot of dog lovers in this area (all over the west actually with lots of dog friendly establishments).
A woman can like dogs without liking that a man posts his main pic on his online dating profile as a pic with his dog. And a woman can like dogs without liking that a man posts a good number of additional pics of his dog at his online dating profile.

It can show being overly obsessed with one's dog, and many woman do not want that.

As I said though, perhaps that is an additional requirement which you've set up.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yeah, but I doubt he wants to look like he's a Shriner in a parade ...

Your other advice is perfect, though, Ruth.
Well, I'm saying, why not look like a Shriner in a parade, once in a while? Without the Shriner hat, of course. I'm trying to suggest he get a little playful and imaginative with it. He can always ditch the sidecar, when he wants to just ride around on his bike and look like a tough guy. But if he wants to attract a lady, or a few, at a special event, stark black isn't going to do it.

I'm kind of being inspired in this by photos of hippie vans and flower-power cars from the 60's, ya know? Getting creative. Is that really too much? Personally, I love art, creativity, and thinking outside the box. Oh well...

Old 06-20-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's your profile pic, here on C-D.

Well, you know--you attract more bees with honey than with a Goth vibe, to paraphrase whatever the saying is... I mean, you're not looking to attract GUYS to the sidecar, right? You want to attract ladies. I see you don't quite have the concept yet. Give it time to sink in.

Guys need their own bikes!

How about if I mount a vase holder for flowers in the sidecar like in the VW Beetles? I'll keep some roses in it and then if I see a nice lady I can grab one and present it to her saying. "Your chariot awaits Mi Lady"!

Old 06-20-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

Well, I do like pus.....opps, I'm not going there!

Old 06-20-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

No. Some people are allergic to cats. I've never heard of anyone who's allergic to dogs. I don't see anything wrong with one Jack pic. I see no need to post more than one. That tells people you have a buddy, and have a nurturing side. That's enough.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Guys need their own bikes!

How about if I mount a vase holder for flowers in the sidecar like in the VW Beetles? I'll keep some roses in it and then if I see a nice lady I can grab one and present it to her saying. "Your chariot awaits Mi Lady"!
YESSSS! Now you're talkin' ! You're catching on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships