Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 10:48 AM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
People should read the topic title again. "Husband doesn't understand..." This is clearly a discussion about the feelings of the OP.

There is only one person who can help her with her feelings and that's her husband. I hope he has the ability to recognize her problem and the maturity to fix it.

There is only one person who can help her with her feelings.............. herself.

Let us not forget she is an adult, and has to choose her battles.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-24-2018, 11:55 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There is only one person who can help her with her feelings.............. herself.

Let us not forget she is an adult, and has to choose her battles.

I think she has chosen her battle. She doesn't like coming in to the home she shares with her husband knowing that a strange adult man has been living in there while she was gone. It feels creepy to her and her husband doesn't understand. She can't change her feelings and he can't seem to understand. BUT, he could respect her feelings anyway and tell the guest it's time to leave.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I think she has chosen her battle. She doesn't like coming in to the home she shares with her husband knowing that a strange adult man has been living in there while she was gone. It feels creepy to her and her husband doesn't understand. She can't change her feelings and he can't seem to understand. BUT, he could respect her feelings anyway and tell the guest it's time to leave.
One can always change their feelings, and one does not have to act on all feelings. Her "feelings" do not make her right.

Why do her feelings trump his feelings?

Old 06-24-2018, 12:25 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
People should read the topic title again. "Husband doesn't understand..." This is clearly a discussion about the feelings of the OP.

There is only one person who can help her with her feelings and that's her husband. I hope he has the ability to recognize her problem and the maturity to fix it.
Understanding goes both ways. Here this woman isn't there most of the time, yet she wants her husband to boot out his friend who is in extremis.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
One can always change their feelings, and one does not have to act on all feelings. Her "feelings" do not make her right.

Why do her feelings trump his feelings?

Her feelings don't make her wrong, either. And I disagree that one can always change their feelings.

Things like house guests should be agreed upon by both marriage partners IMO. Either should have veto power.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
It does not sound like you are married but no doubt he is a prize or you not have settled for this sort of arrangement
I was once in a similar situation at the time it seemed reasonable but years later I realized I was putting up with way too much

Old 06-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
This is going to be a real problem in your marriage, OP.

Your new husband is generous and accommodating, and you are disgusted that a dear friend of his uses your bathroom when you're not there, although it's clean.

You two have opposite attitudes about your friends, and your living space.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is going to be a real problem in your marriage, OP.

Your new husband is generous and accommodating, and you are disgusted that a dear friend of his uses your bathroom when you're not there, although it's clean.

You two have opposite attitudes about your friends, and your living space.

WOW, it's more than using the bathroom. He uses the couch as a bed night after night. YUCK!

Old 06-24-2018, 02:20 PM

Perhaps he is putting a sheet down on the couch, or the couch is leather.....

Old 06-24-2018, 02:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
WOW, it's more than using the bathroom. He uses the couch as a bed night after night. YUCK!
I truly don't understand the whole idea of thinking it's gross if a good friend of his sleeps on the couch and uses the restroom, as long as his personal habits are acceptable.

Roommates don't disgust me, I guess?

The main point being that he's open and welcoming and generous, and like you, she thinks a friend who sleeps on her couch is gross.

But not herself, or her husband. Just this guy. And probably all other friends he has.

BTW, this is the exact concept of a "guest room". If you go visit friends or family you sleep on their couches and beds, use their bathrooms, and after that the towels and sheets go in the wash so they're fresh for the next guest. And nobody is grossed out by the whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships