Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 12:06 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
If you think about it, women have made it harder for men to approach them. And then these same ladies whine about how they can't find a man. But they throw their walls up when they do get approached. Can't win for losin'. :P
There you go again with your drone anti-woman endless loop.

Clue: women are hard for YOU to approach. Women are not hard for ME to approach! I approach and engage people in short conversations all the time when I'm in public. Sometimes it's just exchanging smiles, and yes people do smile back, and a kind of ESP goodwill feeling is exchanged. Some are women, many are not. I'm just outgoing. I have a good time in public.

Just this happened couple days ago at my gym and she and I kept exchanging smiles, we were both sort of dancing a bit as we listened to our music resting between sets on our respective weight machines. I waited at the door for maybe 20 minutes hoping she'd come out but she must have beat me out the door. I'll see her again and I'll introduce myself. I'll find out if she's available. Even if not she'll love the attention!

Dude you just have a warped opinion of women. It's how you treat women or objectify them. I don't do that, and I'm getting completely different reactions from my chance encounters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 12:07 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Really, these are the exact same ladies?

Or are they the "same" because they all happen to be, uh... women?

Something is very, very wrong with your critical thinking.
It's only speculative thinking, not everything can be quite on par.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:08 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Really, these are the exact same ladies?

Or are they the "same" because they all happen to be, uh... women?

Something is very, very wrong with your critical thinking.
Right. Women who wear headphones in public or who don't engage in conversation with strangers don't want to be bothered and aren't complaining about not being bothered.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:10 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
There you go again with your drone anti-woman endless loop.

Clue: women are hard for YOU to approach. Women are not hard for ME to approach! I approach and engage people in short conversations all the time when I'm in public. Sometimes it's just exchanging smiles, and yes people do smile back, and a kind of ESP goodwill feeling is exchanged. Some are women, many are not. I'm just outgoing. I have a good time in public.

Just this happened couple days ago at my gym and she and I kept exchanging smiles, we were both sort of dancing a bit as we listened to our music resting between sets on our respective weight machines. I waited at the door for maybe 20 minutes hoping she'd come out *Yikes!* but she must have beat me out the door. I'll see her again and I'll introduce myself. I'll find out if she's available. Even if not she'll love the attention!
Surprised you didn't try to seal the deal then, what's taking so long?

I mean, waiting around the DOOR bar for TWENTY minutes? Yikes,dude. Quite stalker-ish behavior. Even I don't do that. And I'm the weird one?

Last edited by ThisTown123; 06-26-2018 at 12:37 PM..

Old 06-26-2018, 12:15 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Ladies that I have heard complain, that they cannot find a man, here on CD-R, that I can recall (so maybe what, within the last many months, or perhaps a year or so on this subforum?) : 1 And she is in a different culture entirely, I don't know what to say to her, as I have little idea of how dating really works there.

Men that I have heard complain, that they cannot find a woman, here on CD-R, in vaguely the same time frame?

I am really not sure I can count that high. The same ones keep doing it, some do it, then go away, then come back, under the same or a different username to complain...

Women might complain that they seem to have found the wrong man, but never that they cannot find a man. Nope, you guys are pretty much everywhere, and ya'll tend to make it very easy for us. Our challenge isn't in finding, it's in things working out well or being a total shtshow after we have found you. Which is why we don't make it easy for ya. We are trying to filter out the crap. If both men and women were making everything easy-peasy for each other, I guarantee there would be even more instances of bad outcomes like divorce, teen pregnancy, STDs, etc etc. And despite your complaints, dude, women must not be making it TOO impossible for a guy, an everyday Joe like yourself, to find a little action... Since plenty of sex is happening in the world around us. And all.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:19 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Just this happened couple days ago at my gym and she and I kept exchanging smiles, we were both sort of dancing a bit as we listened to our music resting between sets on our respective weight machines. I waited at the door for maybe 20 minutes hoping she'd come out but she must have beat me out the door. I'll see her again and I'll introduce myself. I'll find out if she's available. Even if not she'll love the attention!

You can't possibly believe that...can you?

Old 06-26-2018, 12:21 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Women might complain that they seem to have found the wrong man, but never that they cannot find a man. Nope, you guys are pretty much everywhere, and ya'll tend to make it very easy for us. Our challenge isn't in finding, it's in things working out well or being a total shtshow after we have found you. Which is why we don't make it easy for ya. We are trying to filter out the crap. If both men and women were making everything easy-peasy for each other, I guarantee there would be even more instances of bad outcomes like divorce, teen pregnancy, STDs, etc etc. And despite your complaints, dude, women must not be making it TOO impossible for a guy, an everyday Joe like yourself, to find a little action... Since plenty of sex is happening in the world around us. And all.

True enough. I don't know a woman without options, just not good ones. Heck, every time I'm with someone and they go to show me a profile or an event on a site, there are messages from guys trying to get with them. No shortage of dudes working it out there.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:28 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
It's only speculative thinking, not everything can be quite on par.
Your comment would be more accurate with one less word. And the word isn't 'speculative.'

Quote:
Surprised you didn't try to seal the deal then, what's taking so long?

I mean, waiting around the juice bar for TWENTY minutes? Yikes,dude. Quite stalker-ish behavior. Even I don't do that. And I'm the weird one?
Don't got no juice bar. I was chatting with my friends who work there and another customer, we were having fun. I told the assistant manager I had a suggestion: "Co-ed showers!" He laughed!

I don't know about you but when I go to the gym it's to work out. Watching people and swaggering to my music are just extra side benefits. It's sometimes difficult to work out without wasting time because you have your exercises and machines, but sometimes you have to wait for some specific machine to become free. You can't spend your time lollygagging. And anyway I thought I had my eye on her and figured she was in the showers. Maybe if I'd waited 10 more minutes I'd have met her.

I see a lot of the same people at my gym. If she's regular at all we'll meet up again.

You sweat the small stuff. I don't. I have a date tomorrow night. I can afford to let Ms. smiles-at-gym wait until our next meet.

Every time you and I cross paths you see the negative and I see the positive. You appear to objectify women and see them as the enemy. I see women as individuals and as my possible partners to make this whole crazy, lovely thing happen.

I'll eventually form a real relationship with my right woman, and you'll still be making your misogynistic posts.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Even if not she'll love the attention!
You never quite know when to stop.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:33 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Quote:
Well, I would would say any common public venue would be appropriate for approaching, but let me name a few and you can determine which?

The beach?

The gym (I hear mixed reviews on this, some hate it, some are okay with it)

Waiting in line anywhere? Coffee shop, grocery store, etc. There is idle time there.

Public park

Night club out dancing/bars

House party, usually private.

If you can name a few others, feel free.

I recall where I placed a coffee order at a shop, and the woman behind me did the same....then we were both waiting and I tried to make small talk while we waited, I got short, curt answers, so I knew to just stop. But...you have to at least get something started to gauge their response, right?
A beach - Yes I think that's perfectly fine.

The gym - nope, not a good idea. Yeah, I've heard people that were successful, but more often than not they are there to actually work out, not get hit on. If she has headphones on and looks really focused, then definitely not.

Waiting in line anywhere - I think coffee shop or bookstore is good, grocery store no. Again, most people are there to do their shopping and get out.

Public park - Yes, again as long as she looks approachable.

Night club/ bar - Yes, definitely

House party - Sure, that seems appropriate.

Others - Live music venue and/or music festival, sporting events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships