Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 04:54 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg

My ex is a belligerent gun toting lunatic dude. He is not "nice." If she thought that...well let's just say that my already questionable opinion of her intelligence has dropped another notch.

Though I suppose if you're caught up in the love bombing stage of his toxic narcissism maybe, you might think he is "nice" if you don't really know what "psycho" looks like, or "stage 5 clinger."

Speaking of OLD photo stories! When we broke up and we were starting to get on OLD, he wanted me to take his pictures, edit them, and write his profile for him. Pfff... The funny thing is, I tried, but even I had a hard time making him look like anything but a serial killer.
Given all this are you sure of the legitimacy of this story he told you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:17 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
Quote:
Speaking of OLD photo stories! When we broke up and we were starting to get on OLD, he wanted me to take his pictures, edit them, and write his profile for him. Pfff... The funny thing is, I tried, but even I had a hard time making him look like anything but a serial killer.
That might be the funniest OLD story I've ever heard!

Old 06-28-2018, 01:02 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Women who take 5 close up photos of their face.

It's the #1 indication they are fat. What's worse is they typically describe themselves as "thick" like that's suppose to make any difference regarding their sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habits.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:47 AM

20,360 posts, read 14,632,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Given all this are you sure of the legitimacy of this story he told you?
Yes. He gets obsessive about every woman he starts dating and won't shut up about them. And he spent quite a long time complaining about the "friend zone" once she apparently put him in it. I believe him. At least about certain things.

Also, he really does seek out women who make poor life choices, which...given how he is...might be the right pond for him to be fishing in, really. "Hi! You seem to make terrible life choices, how's about making me your next one!"

Old 06-29-2018, 07:11 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,653 times
Quote:
Yes. He gets obsessive about every woman he starts dating and won't shut up about them. And he spent quite a long time complaining about the "friend zone" once she apparently put him in it. I believe him. At least about certain things.

Also, he really does seek out women who make poor life choices, which...given how he is...might be the right pond for him to be fishing in, really. "Hi! You seem to make terrible life choices, how's about making me your next one!"

Wow. That sure sounds like the man I am married to. And he is aspergers. Obsessive. Get's all into a "Special Interest" woman, then talks obsessively about them. Obsesses over them, then proceeds to stalk them. He prefers women who are very low income, with kids, who he can "rescue". To stroke his ego and make him look better.

I can't wait to divorce him.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:57 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,869,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Wow. That sure sounds like the man I am married to. And he is aspergers. Obsessive. Get's all into a "Special Interest" woman, then talks obsessively about them. Obsesses over them, then proceeds to stalk them. He prefers women who are very low income, with kids, who he can "rescue". To stroke his ego and make him look better.
This sounds like a rescue complex, and caused more by Blue Pill thinking than by than Asperger's. It's not always about stroking one's ego, but about misdirected goodwill and/or expected results. That is, wanting to be righteous knight in a shining armor, like in the characters in Disney/Hollywood media. As well as wanting those women to love him for being their rescuer. And probably not knowing any other way to attract women, either. Did he know these women before he met you, and what attracted you to him?

"Two and a Half Men" subverts this Blue Pill trope. Alan has a rescue complex with the women he meets, while Charlie criticizes him for it and stops him when he can.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 06-29-2018 at 08:10 AM..

Old 06-29-2018, 08:55 AM

20,360 posts, read 14,632,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post

I can't wait to divorce him.
Yeah this behavior, both my ex and your soon-to-be (I hope?) ex... It reads like Asperger's meets Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

It's not altruism when it's manipulative and done with zero empathy.

How about some of the BEST online dating photos you've ever seen, folks? I'd like to hear what people are doing right, in addition to all the "omg" talk about what people do wrong.

For me, a good set of photos, has a nice eye-catcher up front as the profile pic, which could be anything from a professionally done portrait, to just a really cool shot. I've seen those be musicians playing their instruments, one guy was a high-fashion pretty goth boy, and he had a really hot photo of him with his Robert Smith hair and a fancy suit and sunglasses...and then there was a photographer who had a shot taken from a perspective lower than he was with a cool sun flare... But the set of pictures should always include a clear face shot, a shot that accurately depicts your body type, and at least one shot that shows your personal "style." Whether that is "jeans & t-shirt suburban guy" or "outdoor enthusiast" or "biker" or whatever you are, whatever you do...don't overload it, but a good shot of you doing something is nice, especially if you hope for matches to share that interest. And I think that those guidelines are sound for both men and women. Clearly show your face, clearly show your body type, and communicate your style.

Anybody else have any OLD photo tips that are "Dos" rather than "Don'ts"?

Old 06-29-2018, 01:28 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
"Two and a Half Men" subverts this Blue Pill trope. Alan has a rescue complex with the women he meets, while Charlie criticizes him for it and stops him when he can.
Excellent analysis!

Quote:
Anybody else have any OLD photo tips that are "Dos" rather than "Don'ts"?
I do it exactly the same way as you do Spork.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:18 AM

11,157 posts, read 7,950,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I matched (maybe even 'ultramatched'!) with an average looking man who's photo showed him to apparently be naked, at least from the waist up. He had a really cute little monkey on his shoulder, with it's monkey arms wrapped around the guy's head.

The monkey was so cute I kept going back to look at it.

I sent a message. "Is that your monkey?"

He replied: "No."

That was it.

Well, I'm sure he got messages that way, anyway, I guess I didn't rate more than a one-word reply. He kept appearing in the "who viewed you" section though, so I think he wanted me to keep looking at the monkey and ask more questions.
Guy with a " monkey on his back" might not be a good prospect anyway.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:25 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
I got a funny one this week : my match sent me a pic of his shoes. To be honest, they were really cool so I decided to keep up the messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships