Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 07:23 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Say there is a real masculine toy that you desire, like a motorcycle or handsome pickup truck (Chevy Colorado).

The problem is, you haven't had much sex, and with very few partners.

Do you see the problem here? There is a major mismatch happening. If you're going to portray a machismo person via loud Harley, big truck or whatever, you better have game and experience to back it up.

The one girlfriend I had nearly 20 years ago didn't know how to drive, didn't have a license. But boy she knew what she was doing in the sack. Looking back on it, she had her priorities straight, she knew the skills that were of most importance. I now find it odd that we learn how to drive a 3000 lb vehicle before we learn how to perform the most fundamental act of mankind.

Ever since that girlfriend I've had issues embracing my masculinity. I've always kept a clean shave for example, never grown a beard. I manscape my body so I look like a prepubescent child. And soon I'll get the vasectomy. I do like weightlifting at least. You see, the next girl I lay with, she's going to realize I don't have much experience in the bedroom. So I figure it's better to tone down the overly masculine behavior/traits ahead of time. That way my awkward sex skills won't be as much of a shock to her.

Don't feel bad for me, don't feel like you need to post a solution. I'm finally learning how to make peace with myself. Although I'm weening off of antidepressants so it's been a rough couple of days. I'm learning how to look women in the eyes without feeling ashamed about what they might see in my own eyes.

We'll I guess I better end this with a question so that my post has "a point" to it. So, can anybody else relate to me?
If you think being a man is having facial hair and baby batter then you’ve missed out on influences.

Also not getting the link between sex skills and driving.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:51 AM

972 posts, read 542,465 times
By the way, there are women who ride motorcycles and drive trucks.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:21 AM

20,762 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Say there is a real masculine toy that you desire, like a motorcycle or handsome pickup truck (Chevy Colorado).

The problem is, you haven't had much sex, and with very few partners.

Do you see the problem here? There is a major mismatch happening. If you're going to portray a machismo person via loud Harley, big truck or whatever, you better have game and experience to back it up.

The one girlfriend I had nearly 20 years ago didn't know how to drive, didn't have a license. But boy she knew what she was doing in the sack. Looking back on it, she had her priorities straight, she knew the skills that were of most importance. I now find it odd that we learn how to drive a 3000 lb vehicle before we learn how to perform the most fundamental act of mankind.

Ever since that girlfriend I've had issues embracing my masculinity. I've always kept a clean shave for example, never grown a beard. I manscape my body so I look like a prepubescent child. And soon I'll get the vasectomy. I do like weightlifting at least. You see, the next girl I lay with, she's going to realize I don't have much experience in the bedroom. So I figure it's better to tone down the overly masculine behavior/traits ahead of time. That way my awkward sex skills won't be as much of a shock to her.

Don't feel bad for me, don't feel like you need to post a solution. I'm finally learning how to make peace with myself. Although I'm weening off of antidepressants so it's been a rough couple of days. I'm learning how to look women in the eyes without feeling ashamed about what they might see in my own eyes.

We'll I guess I better end this with a question so that my post has "a point" to it. So, can anybody else relate to me?
No.
Does your therapist know and approve that you are off your pills?

Old 06-27-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
By the way, there are women who ride motorcycles and drive trucks.
That's me. And it is lifted! I am embracing MY masculinity. I am still a bit off sometimes when I pee standing up, but it is getting better every day.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:41 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
That's me. And it is lifted! I am embracing MY masculinity. I am still a bit off sometimes when I pee standing up, but it is getting better every day.
Toss some cheerios in the water and you'll have something to aim at. Froot loops work also, but I'm not sure pretty colors and something called froot loops helps get men or women in touch with their manness

Old 06-27-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Toss some cheerios in the water and you'll have something to aim at. Froot loops work also, but I'm not sure pretty colors and something called froot loops helps get men or women in touch with their manness
Good tip, thanks.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:45 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Good tip, thanks.
Kellogs has been helping little boys learn to pee straight for generations.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:19 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seriously. Trucks? Masculinity? Seriously. What the heck is this stuff to worry about. If you want a truck, get a truck. You want to date, go date. Simple enough.
I just can’t believe what this masculinity obsession is coming to. I’ve already seen someone argue that it’s very important to have a deep and masculine sounding voice (dumbest thing I’ve read in quite a while, anywhere) and how one needs to be this if manly or that more if manly enough. And now all this about needing to be masculine if you want to drive a certain vehicle or have a bike, then something about facial hair. I think I need to take this out by playing on my drums a little bit, but I’m already questioning if I’m masculine enough to beat on them.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:31 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
If you want more sex in order to be “masculine” then hire a sex worker, problem solved.

The OP’s idea of masculinity comes across as superficiality and insecurity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships