Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 10:49 PM

8 posts, read 5,919 times

Advertisements

My buddy is extremely tall. 6 foot 10 to be exact. And about 290 pounds. He's not fat at all. Just big. Anyway. Girls say they like tall guys but at his height they generally just find him intimidating (I don't). So he can never get anybody to go out with him. Typically he isn't given a reason but if he is given a reason they say it's about his height. Which I have witnessed somebody say to him myself which surprises me that people care that much. I feel bad because you can tell he hates all the comments he gets from people about it. He's so nice and respectful to everybody and I tried to get one of my other friends to hang out with us the other night (I wasn't trying to hook them up) and she didn't want to because she said that he scares her. I was washing the dishes so I told him to read what she texted me and he saw that and he was really upset . Obviously I stayed with him and didn't hang out with her.I told him to not take it personally since she's scared of everything. I guess the reason I'm bringing it up now is because I need advice for a few reasons. One is because he seems to be depressed because he can't get a date at all and he's the kind of guy who wants a family and all that. He actually said to me the other day that he feels like he would only be able to have that if he was a foot shorter and weighed 100 pounds less. And because it seems like I'm one of the only people he hangs out with anymore who isn't either intimidated by him or can have a conversation with him about something other than his size. I'm also pretty sure it's related but he seems to be eating less. Obviously he needs to eat a lot. And he seems to eat less than me now. Idk what to do with this dude. He's one of my best friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:28 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Have you not thought about dating him yourself? If not, why not?

Old 06-28-2018, 12:46 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I’ll be honest, that is way too tall for me. I’m 5’4. Tgat woukd be too tall for me to hug him. :P

Help him meet some taller ladies.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:56 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
How old is he? He simply needs to find a tall girl to date, start taking him to college girls basketball and volleyball games. He'll find himself a nice 6'4" woman easily. He needs to cast a wider net and date some tall women.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:49 AM

61,707 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Nah, from my observation - really tall men like short/petite women. (Except he looks like a freak)
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-that...ra-short-women

Old 06-28-2018, 04:29 AM

Nah me and him are just buds and it wouldn't work. He wants kids and I can't have kids

Old 06-28-2018, 04:46 AM

@ donth8me me and him are just buddies. Wouldn't want to ruin that. Plus it wouldn't work. He wants something long term, he wants kids and all that and I can't have kids.

@ jade408 he's surprisingly good at giving hugs hahahaha

@ rocko27 he's 27. He'll ask out whoever he finds interesting. Short women, tall women. Whatever. Unfortunately even the tall ones have turned him down. Not totally sure how to hook him up with somebody at a basketball game but so far I like the idea.

@elnina he did not get to pick his height. He isn't a freak and he doesn't care about other people's height.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:27 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
My sister was 4' 11". Her husband was 6' 2". They had 5 kids so it works out somehow.
He just has to keep looking.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:27 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Nah, from my observation - really tall men like short/petite women. (Except he looks like a freak)
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-that...ra-short-women
Yeah, why is that? The tall guys could really help out the taller women that regular guys think are TOO tall...it's just not fair for them to steal the short women that a 5'6" guy could have! I'm kinda half kidding...

Old 06-28-2018, 05:32 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
How old is he? He simply needs to find a tall girl to date, start taking him to college girls basketball and volleyball games. He'll find himself a nice 6'4" woman easily. He needs to cast a wider net and date some tall women.

Just like this! At 6'10", he will make volleyball/basketball playing females who are typically like 5'10"-6'3" more feminine. Kind of like how a typical 5'10"-6'0" guys makes a shorter 5'1"-5'3" woman feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships