Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:10 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I've only had super creepy guys ask me out immediately. I'm not a stunning beauty by any stretch. I'm a nice girl next door type. I'm 50 now so I doubt my opinion counts for much.

I'm not sure how I would respond if a seemingly 'normal' guy just picked me up in a grocery store. But if I were at a party with friends, or in some kind of social context like a meet up activity where there was built in time to get to know someone, I would definitely consider it.
I'm sure you would be screaming

"HEY!!! PUT ME DOWN!!! NO!!! NOT IN YOUR CART!!!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 12:55 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Not my kind of scene, that would be a completely different world from my own. I mean, I wouldn't mind doing kinky things with my wife one-on-one, behind closed doors, but why be devoted to a community that does this? Does this lifestyle go way beyond than just a husband and wife wanting to take a trip to a sex store, take some stuff home, and experiment on their own. Figured kink was more of a personal thing without any outside involvement. ( I could be wrong)

To be honest, a lot of people I meet in sci-fi, though we both love the genres and stuff, I don't think I'd run in line with people with nose ring piercings, sleeve tats, and rocker hair that I keeps seeing. Some are even swingers (Mate swapping) via the after-after parties at the cons.

I know this married couple that are comic shop owners. One of them has this disturbing art called "Crucifairies". Although, I'm not a hardcore religious person, I did grow up Catholic..just the term, although witty, is disturbing in context. I wouldn't mind breaking bread with them though. They are just more outer circle friends. Sorry to be a fuddy dud...just makes me cringe. Some looked half-baked at these events..I'm not 420 friendly.

So, yeah I'm a nerdy square. lol

I dunno, kink vs. lurking at grocery stores? How is it they say, two different sides of the same coin (not sure if that's a good analogy). lol However, the earlier involves an awareness between both parties. The lurking at stores...not so much. (this is just speculative talk).
So the risk I run here in talking about kink stuff is like if you get some Star Trek enthusiast going about the minutia of various episodes and plots and how the novels fit in and... Like I could go on and on, and a lot of folks here would hate me for it. So I have to watch it. I'm just too darn happy about the whole thing, it's brought a whole world of enjoyment into my life and I'm part of the management of a local private membership club/dungeon venue. It is also how my beloved geeky older man and I met and fell in love. So.

Yes there is far more to it than what goes on behind closed doors with a couple who stopped at an adult store and is trying to spice things up. Way, way more. I'll be at a convention for this stuff with all day classes all weekend and parties every night, and a good 1,000 people in attendance here in about 2 weeks. It's kind of a big deal to kind of a lot of people...though "a lot" still being very much a minority in terms proportionate to society at large.

And no, I'm not into swapping or swinging. That's most def not my thing. Got a lot of friends who are, but I'm not.

Beyond this, I have to say...pm me if you want to know. Because I'm not trying to upset people.

And my point was not particular to THIS anyhow, it was just that whatever you're into, there is a good chance that somewhere there's a group of people getting together to do it or at least to talk about it, and now we've got the internet to find out who, where, and when that is happening. Social networking is a great way to seek a partner, in my opinion, and in the meantime, you're having fun. Also, when you are in your element enjoying whatever it is you enjoy, you're probably more relaxed, more confident, and therefore more appealing to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships