Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2018, 10:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I think that problem is studies like this can inspire a false behavior that attempt to manipulate women rather than letting them see the real me.
I have seen much the same thing with women putting on false fronts to gain a mans approval and later find the real girl is far different.

If a girl is honest up front about things, I have the opportunity to decide whether I have any attachment to that thing that bothers her . Where as if she has said nothing and bails out, he is not given the opportunity to make a decision or even know what it is that there was a problem to her .

Some people want some one honest enough to share things, that they them selves don't realize is a problem . Not to say that your going to fix some one ,however if they have the humility to accept positive feed back, that says a lot about the person .Of course if all your offering criticism that doesn't build a relationship at all. If you are too sensitive/ego centric to accept advise ,you really should be living alone .
Last. I have a friend that speaks to me in ways that attempt to make me think she agrees with every thing I say or knows what I might have chosen to do. "I thought your be doing that". After a while those phrases are not believable. And paying very close to her conversations with others ,issues she agrees with me on are answered very differently with other people . I realize that this avoids an argument however it leaves me to wonder about so many other things we talk about. she may or may not be pretending to agree on.
Totally possible re: studies but has anyone noticed we haven't actually seen the study yet? We got a paragraph. It gives pretty much no specific information. I asked some questions, for clarification. No answer.

We don't even know whom the study targeted, as in age groups, socio-economic status, mental health, marital status, has children/no children, etc., we don't know the parameters, whether the input was confirmed by rewording or reorganizing the questions a la Myers-Briggs or were these men and women just scribbling numbers for an hour, nothing. Yet we are assuming it must indicate what the person who posted it suggests it indicates.

Nope.

I'll read actual data, or I'm not convinced. Not by one vague paragraph.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:52 PM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Totally possible re: studies but has anyone noticed we haven't actually seen the study yet? We got a paragraph. It gives pretty much no specific information. I asked some questions, for clarification. No answer.

We don't even know whom the study targeted, as in age groups, socio-economic status, mental health, marital status, has children/no children, etc., we don't know the parameters, whether the input was confirmed by rewording or reorganizing the questions a la Myers-Briggs or were these men and women just scribbling numbers for an hour, nothing. Yet we are assuming it must indicate what the person who posted it suggests it indicates.

Nope.

I'll read actual data, or I'm not convinced. Not by one vague paragraph.
If you went to college then you know, you gotta pay for that knowledge. And it ain't cheap. Unless of course you're like me and have a library card.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
If you went to college then you know, you gotta pay for that knowledge. And it ain't cheap. Unless of course you're like me and have a library card.
So you didn’t read the article.

I’m sorry, but you don’t have much of an argument when you didn’t even read the study. We’ll have to disregard that from the debate.

Old 07-07-2018, 12:08 AM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I’m sorry, but you don’t have much of an argument when you didn’t even read the study. We’ll have to disregard that from the debate.
Well, you've disregarded everything else I've said, so what would make that any different? Fortunately, I'm not concerned with what you do or do not believe. You're clearly very smart, so I trust that you'll make your way through life safely without my input.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:00 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I think that problem is studies like this can inspire a false behavior that attempt to manipulate women rather than letting them see the real me. I have seen much the same thing with women putting on false fronts to gain a mans approval and later find the real girl is far different.

If a girl is honest up front about things, I have the opportunity to decide whether I have any attachment to that thing that bothers her . Where as if she has said nothing and bails out, he is not given the opportunity to make a decision or even know what it is that there was a problem to her.

Some people want some one honest enough to share things, that they them selves don't realize is a problem.
I think I see what you are getting at, and agree. I recall a woman I thought I was really getting along well with, we'd had a few really great dates and I was looking forward to many more, and then suddenly she cancelled our next date with no reason given, and never did tell me what was up.

What did I do? Why didn't we talk about it? Maybe it was something she misunderstood, or something I was doing that might not be important to me and could stop doing. But she wasn't honest enough to come out with it. So WTH, I moved on. I'm happy with the woman I'm presently dating so things worked out well enough, but it still disturbs me that I'd like to know if I have some flaw that could be worked on, that I could improve myself.

I bet it happens often in OLD that you get dumped for no good reason given. Once somebody has decided against you it's easier for them to just move on, and skip the awkward conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
Imagine dating your best friend. That's the best I can describe it.
You captured the feeling perfectly!!!

Old 07-07-2018, 10:04 AM

207 posts, read 108,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I think I see what you are getting at, and agree. I recall a woman I thought I was really getting along well with, we'd had a few really great dates and I was looking forward to many more, and then suddenly she cancelled our next date with no reason given, and never did tell me what was up.

What did I do? Why didn't we talk about it? Maybe it was something she misunderstood, or something I was doing that might not be important to me and could stop doing. But she wasn't honest enough to come out with it. So WTH, I moved on. I'm happy with the woman I'm presently dating so things worked out well enough, but it still disturbs me that I'd like to know if I have some flaw that could be worked on, that I could improve myself.

I bet it happens often in OLD that you get dumped for no good reason given. Once somebody has decided against you it's easier for them to just move on, and skip the awkward conversation.

You got dumped for no reason? She probably found someone she thought she was more attractive, or someone she had more chemistry with, and she went about it wrongly. She should have said, ''I'm no longer interested in going out with you,'' but women are weary of turning down a man even after they get to know him because there's lots of guys who react badly to being rejected.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:08 AM

I got dumped for a reason. I just wasn't informed what it was. Anything else is speculation.

LOL, I react badly to being rejected. I quit calling them and go find somebody better.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:14 AM

207 posts, read 108,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I got dumped for a reason. I just wasn't informed what it was. Anything else is speculation.

LOL, I react badly to being rejected. I quit calling them and go find somebody better.

Eh, when a woman dumps me I just assume she developed good taste in men and I move on to the next girl who's smiling at me. There is no point in worrying about why I was dumped and if the other guy is better than me. Hahaha, yeah, I like your attitude

Old 07-07-2018, 10:23 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I haven't a clue what a Bentley looks like. Do most people?
When I forget, I just go over to my neighbor's garage. They have His-and-Hers Bentleys. They're parked next to his MacLaren.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshyy View Post
Eh, when a woman dumps me I just assume she developed good taste in men and I move on to the next girl who's smiling at me. There is no point in worrying about why I was dumped and if the other guy is better than me. Hahaha, yeah, I like your attitude
LMAO! I like your attitude too!

When we fail we just go find better looking women with an equally poor taste in men!

Actually I have honestly told women if some other man could make them happier than I'd rather they be with that man and not me. I'm sure I will find some woman who will decide I'm the man who can make her happiest.

Regarding my statement about being dumped with no reason given, there isn't any point in my worrying about the reason since that leads to no answers. My relationships with women in general tend to be very good. It's quite possible that my rejection was based on some flaw in the woman that has nothing at all to do with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships