Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 11:39 AM

207 posts, read 107,822 times

Advertisements

Use women without the slightest qualm and exhibits no humanity at all?? What do you mean, use women? Taking the time to get to know a woman, give her a good time by taking her out to places that she would love to visit(especially if she came from say, Canada and she isn't used to seeing two thousand years old monuments, you can stand in as a guide) letting her experience how much you are attracted to her, and then, if she is into you, make her wonder if you were a lesbian in your past life, all of that is somehow using women? How?

Instead he should date her? Why? He's too young to settle down.

Quote:
You crazy, bro. Dudes, getting body waxes? Ewwwwwwww....
Yeah, dude, sadly I have I have that sort of hairy chest, hairy legs, Tom Selleck has, and I hate it because waxing and shaving gets expensive and its so time consuming. Then there's the creams and lotions and stuff I gotta apply to the skin.

See, this is what guys don't understand why women want men who put effort into their looks, because women put so much into theirs and it's not fair for a woman to be waxed from the neck down, while the guy looks like a gorilla. Why is it eww? For a guy to take pride in how women see him? Oh yeah, women are dying to sleep with gorillas, no doubt about that, if they work for National Geographic that is.

I shave my face 3 times a day, and then there's the whole body hair thingy that gets removed at least every 2 days, because that's what women expect these days of a guy. And a guy gotta oblige.

Quote:
Tattoos? You want everyone to look like the cast from Pirates of the Caribbean? Ooh, sexy, yeah.... Johnny Depp was definitely cute with that long hair, I'll give you that. What about eye patches? Aren't pirates supposed to wear an eye patch?
Dude, if it works, the guy should even wear a sack of potatoes.

once, when I was 15 years, I was cleaning and washing my grandparents store wearing a very colourful apron and wearing a purple baseball hat. Was it ridiculous?? Very. Did it attract a lot of giggles?? Yes. From very cute 16 year old girls and I got one of them to go out with me after I took the giggling as an invitation to come talk to her

Everything goes. Anything that can attract a woman's attention is good to use and never too ridiculous, because men have to be peackcocks to stand out from the crowd of men.

Now, I'm not saying a guy gotta get himself tattooe'd like this https://i0.wp.com/fusion.tv/wp-conte...trip=all&ssl=1

He looked much better when he wasn't trying to personify himself as a scroll.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e4/a2...1bd003c023.jpg

But a nicely made tattoo will get the guy women to pay attention to him, and that's the purpose.

Quote:
Just curious; why would teens and 20-somethings need to whiten their teeth? What have they been doing to them, that they're not naturally white, and need help? Chewing betel nut? Drinking coffee all day since they were 12? Packing their cheeks with smokeless tobacco? Please enlighten us. Do you work for the dental industry, by any chance? Is your dad a dentist or orthodontist?
Because lots of young women and men have yellow teeth, even if they're still teenagers, they have yellow teeth, and that's a turn off. White teeth is the way to go, it adds to the aesthetic of the person. It looks healthy and full of life.

No, my father is a mechanic. He can pimp up your ride with some sweet wheels if you want, bro.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:47 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,054,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I'd say the best way to maximize your attractiveness to ladies is to:

1. Find a hobby. Preferably one that will pull you out of the house.
2. Get in decent physical shape.
3. Get good at small talk.
4. Develop self confidence and mindset that you are valuable and deserve the best.

Dressing nice, driving a nice car, etc. It's all irrelevant.
This is why lists are not useful. Lists are superficial.

1. Find a hobby? Some are hobby people, some are not. It's part of a person's nature. Maybe you meant get some interests. It would be a very boring person who had no interests. I'll rephrase your suggestion: get some outside interests that make you more interesting. Work, eat and sleep does not make an interesting person. Chatting about your job will last only so long even with spouses.

2. Getting in good shape is something obvious that some may not give the attention it deserves. I've always had the opinion that getting in shape is the single, most important thing anybody can do to make themselves more attractive to the opposite gender. It's stupid simple. Pick two almost identical potential dates, one in good shape, the other not. Who is going to get picked first? Yes working out is hard work, that's why it is called working out. Note that you will feel better, have more energy on a daily basis, and live longer if you work out.

3. Getting good at small talk could be difficult for many. I'd put it different. Pay attention to what your date says and show you are interested. Try to rise above your conversation and make sure it is two-sided and evenly balanced between your interests/subjects and theirs. Nobody likes somebody who talks about themselves all the time, nobody likes a clam.

4. I won't argue with self-confidence. If you haven't got it, get it. That's not easy to accomplish, about all you can do is get your life together and be somebody that the opposite gender will value.

... Dressing nice and driving a nice car are relevant. Dressing nice does not mean wearing expensive clothing. It means dress neatly and semi-fashionable. On my date yesterday I wore a t-shirt I had purchased on a previous date with the same woman, she helped me pick it out. I wore blue jeans and, okay, wore my $600 Lucchese boots. I doubt she noticed the boots but wearing nice stuff makes me feel good. I have a boot fetish! Sue me! I looked casual but neat. I could have worn my $60 Reebok walkers and changed nothing. — I drive an 11-year old SUV but I keep it in top shape and mostly clean. She had remarked the previous day that it looked very clean when she got in. I haven't cleaned it for several weeks. (I park inside.)

My point in the above paragraph is that you should dress neatly and should be consistent with the venue of your date. Being a bit more fashionable is extra credit points. Just keep your car clean and in good repair. No woman wants to be picked up for a date by a man driving a dirty wreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
You should learn how to deploy "tact". Meaning, learn to avoid telling somebody things that will make them feel bad unnecessarily.
You finally hit the word that's been missing in this discussion: tact. It is not tactful to volunteer negative things. Once again, you haven't been Mirandized, you are not giving court testimony, there is no need to say everything that pops into your head.

Just don't say stuff that isn't productive to advancing the relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshyy View Post
I like that, but there's more!

1.Hit the Gym, bulk up if you are skinny, slim down if you are huh, chunky. Get that body fat down to 9%.
2.Get a tan.
3.Get your whole body waxed from the nose down. it hurts but it feels so good after the pain is gone!
4. Get tattoos and have them on places that are visible while having clothes on.
5.Get braces, I even see 50 year old men nowadays with braces, it's no shame for young men to get them.
6.Have dentists perform teeth-withening procedures on your teeth.
7.Get a good haircut, Brad Pitt's hairstyle in Fury was awesome
8.Wear stylish clothes. No need to buy expensive clothes. Clothes that flatter your body build.
9. Be irrationaly confident. Doesn't matter if she's Jennifer Lopez and you are a broke kid, look at her boytoy
10. Do not get attached. If you get emotionally attached to one woman at a time that kills off your chances from sleeping with the other women who are attracted to you, because FEEEELINGS.
1. Okay we have already covered that working out is the single, most accessible way to improve your looks.

2. Getting a tan is a bad lifestyle choice. You'll have wrinkled skin when you get old, or worse you'll develop skin cancer. Bad idea.

3. Get your body waxed? Ew! I bet if I asked 100 women what they thought about men doing this I'd get 100 "ick" answers. Ladies, your comments?

4. Get tattoos? Did you intend for your post to be facetious? This idea is so ridiculous as to not be worth further discussion, BUT, I bet there are many women who would not date somebody with prominent tattoos.

5. Getting braces? Just curious, can people of ANY age get them?

6. I wouldn't get my teeth whitened but I won't diss it either. Depends. I will add that you had better have excellent dental health or get the treatment necessary to achieve it. Definitely do something about any missing teeth. Once again this is a lifestyle choice. You'll feel better about yourself if your teeth look good, and you will have better physical health if you have good dental health. Take care and you can have a full set of teeth your entire life (even if some of them are prosthetic).

7. Get a good haircut, hell yes! You can't pick your hair but you can get a good hairdresser and make the best of what you got. I say hairdresser (salon type) rather than barber (shop, walk-in) because I think paying a bit more gets a more talented person. IIRC it's $25 at Supercuts, $45 at my salon, except my hairdresser shampoos my hair first then cuts it as it dries. I tip her well too. My hair isn't very good but it looks the best I can get it.

8. Wear stylish clothes: I already covered this, it's not expensive to dress nicely. I get most of my casual clothes at Walmart. I'd say dress neatly and try to color coordinate, you can get good ideas by going to any mall and picking out the better dressed people near your age and same gender, copy the ones who look good.

9. Be irrationally confident? You sound like you're saying be cocky. I'm not buying this. Be your natural self.

10. Don't get attached... That's tactical mission data and we're all on different missions. If your mission is to date a lot of different people then do what you said. Some of us are on a mission to achieve an enduring relationship (like me). This item will depend on individual preferences. Showing interest too early is probably a bad tactic but it isn't invariably fatal.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:58 AM

29,696 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I adamantly disagree. Our society lacks truth and our access to it has been greatly restricted by corporate and political interests. The narrative now is 'did they hurt your feelings' not 'did they tell the truth.'
If you're looking enter into and maintain a romantic relationship, understanding the feelings of others, especially your loved one, is not irrelevant. You can't brush someone's emotions off as not logical, therefore not important.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:01 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,054,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
You don't have to explain it to me because I would never make someone feel bad unnecessarily. But truth, by it's very nature, can be uncomfortable, regardless of how it's presented. Which is why I don't appreciate the touchy, feely approach our society has adopted. It does nothing more than create an insulating layer that protects us from the truth.
I must have attended the wrong school. My school of thought is that women like touchy, feely men because it leads to he and she having closer emotional attachments.

It is working for me in MY relationship. How is blurting out unnecessary negative things working for you in YOUR relationship(s)?

I don't see any point in discussing this with you. You think blunt truth works, go for it.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:02 PM
RJ_

743 posts, read 390,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If you're looking enter into and maintain a romantic relationship, understanding the feelings of others, especially your loved one, is not irrelevant.
Of course feelings aren't irrelevant, they are a natural component of the human condition. But they have a particular role that, if overemphasized, will completely hinder any sort of progress.

Old 07-09-2018, 01:15 PM

48,445 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Thread has been repeatedly derailed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.