Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 03:04 AM

1 posts, read 428 times

Advertisements

A 9-year sharing of emotions, activities, hobbies, and etc. and leads to 5 years as one happy couple. We started dating since we're in college, and have a different educational course which is to be an engineer and a nurse. We merely have one grand dream and that is to finish school and work for the future preparation that we need to face. Even we got those natural conflict of lovers. And yes due to all hard works with persistent that we manage to get out with it, so basically we got it and lived the dream of our lives.

Years later, after the precious wedding, she got pregnant and obviously, it was the 2nd most important event that happened to us. Such a blessing that we've received from above, and most of all an additional member to our family. And now come to think of it, all that we worked for in terms of income and savings will now be used for the educational purposes and we're so much proud about it.

Time consistently passed on, and the same goes on each of our everyday moods. And what I literally mean is we barely have any fruitful conversation from now and then. And on our baby matter, we hired a baby maid. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that we're that busy enough on our jobs, and forgot the most important thing on life that can't be happened again, which is TIME.

We've been through a lot of discussions to solve this situation and basically were facing it until now and it keeps on running for a month already, we did most of all the possible solutions that we need to do. And still, we keep on a misunderstanding from both sides. We keep from getting unhealthy issues that seems like do not have any cure. And by that, we lead to a final conclusion and that is to have a legal separation or divorce?

I'm guilty enough to say that, this main issue is highly caused by no other than me. Since I'm the one who pushes this relationship at the very start. For the record, im that open enough to be helped by my family or by my wife. And the purpose of this post really appreciated for any comments and ideas. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 04:18 AM

2,146 posts, read 3,062,873 times
Why does this sound like it was run through google translator?

What specifically is your problem? Is it just time is passing too quickly and you're both busy with your careers and have lost sight of the importance of your marriage/family life? I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what you're saying. Specifics, please.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:56 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,223 times
I was going to say that the miscommunication resulted from your over use of poetry and lack of specifics.

But I hadn't thought about Google translate.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:37 AM

1,063 posts, read 697,286 times
What is your native language?

Old 07-10-2018, 06:51 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Why does this sound like it was run through google translator?

What specifically is your problem? Is it just time is passing too quickly and you're both busy with your careers and have lost sight of the importance of your marriage/family life? I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what you're saying. Specifics, please.
Because it is obviously written by a nnonative English-speaker.

How old is the baby?

Because the time and attention required by infant parenting (even if you hire childcare) very commonly creates a stress on couples' ability to deeply connect with one another with ease. It's textbook-common. When you have children, the relationship between the parents is no longer the sole focus. It has to share the stage. Most intellectually know this going in, but the reality of experiencing this is different than knowing it in the abstract.

Some marriages don't survive that adjustment. Others gradually adjust to the new normal of a profoundly life changing event. For some, they adjust with relative ease. Others take longer.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:33 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Poor baby maid.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:56 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
OP, it's hard to know what the problem is, exactly. It sounds like one issue is that you two are too involved with your jobs, not enough family time. Can you not change that? I also wonder, if perhaps you two were not a good match from the start, since you mention "lovers' conflicts", as if it's normal to have frequent conflicts. Perhaps there were problems then, even before the marriage, that were never addressed, and that much later came to the fore, and have threatened the relationship....?

All we can do is guess. Perhaps you could be more clear about what the core issues are.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:00 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
I have to admit, when I first saw the title of the thread, for a moment I thought I was in the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranomal forum.

I, too, am unclear on the specific question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships