Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 12:59 PM

207 posts, read 107,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Of course the male average isn't any much further behind, if it is behind at all. It's the average. It's the way it works.

You see with a filter. We all do. What you notice, and what is scattered throughout society, are different.

Then why aren't those people losing weight? Is that why the people on this forum talk about compatibility and personality meshing, and agreeing goals and objectives, and when apperances are talked about they say they don't care about that - is that because people here think caring about one's looks and fitness is shallow or something???

Old 07-10-2018, 01:03 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshyy View Post
Then why aren't those people losing weight? Is that why the people on this forum talk about compatibility and personality meshing, and agreeing goals and objectives, and when apperances are talked about they say they don't care about that - is that because people here think caring about one's looks and fitness is shallow or something???

Some people don't care enough to make a change in diet.
Some people don't want to put in the work.
Some people have trouble doing so no matter how they work at it.
Some people like themselves how they are.

But plenty of overweight people find love and relationships and have little problems doing so.

Personally, I care, but in addition to lifting 2-3x a week I find I need to run an average of about 20 miles a week to keep the weight off. I do it easy enough, but I have no children, no spouse, etc and fitness is a priority for me and I make the time for it, it is critical for my mental health. It isn't for everyone.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:06 PM

207 posts, read 107,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Some people don't care enough to make a change in diet.
Some people don't want to put in the work.
Some people have trouble doing so no matter how they work at it.
Some people like themselves how they are.

But plenty of overweight people find love and relationships and have little problems doing so.

Personally, I care, but in addition to lifting 2-3x a week I find I need to run an average of about 20 miles a week to keep the weight off. I do it easy enough, but I have no children, no spouse, etc and fitness is a priority for me. It isn't for everyone.

Yes, I don't lift, because I never wanted to become bulky, and when I eat meat, which I took off my diet years ago, it's easy for me to gain weight and it goes to my shoulders and biceps.so I keep my body as slender and teenagerish now as it was when I was 18.

ahhhhh so that's why guys complain they can't get casual sex, and dudes say they need to be some sort of male model to get even an 'average' woman to sleep with him, they're too lazy to work on themselves to get the women they are attracted to to sleep with them.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:07 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
ahhhhh so that's why guys complain they can't get casual sex, and dudes say they need to be some sort of male model to get even an 'average' woman to sleep with him, they're too lazy to work on themselves to get the women they are attracted to to sleep with them.

In these cases, the work they need to do is mostly personality wise.

Old 07-10-2018, 01:17 PM

20,328 posts, read 14,547,380 times
Quote:
I would not date a guy who spent a lot of time at the gym. It's not compatible with my lifestyle.

I rejected a number of guys with washboard abs, and ended up with one built like Patton Oswalt. I believe they call it "Dad bod" when they are not hugely obese, but a little heavy, bit of a belly. I'm ok with this.

Shallow or not, it's just not my thing. The whole fitness lifestyle deal. It's like veganism, I don't judge vegans and I don't care if anybody is one, but I probably wouldn't date one because I love bacon. *shrug*

Before you say a damn thing about leagues or whatever though, click my name, I've got pics, judge all ya want but don't do it blind to try and make some silly argument.

My priority was finding a compatible companion. That person, I knew, might be hiding inside any shape or size of body, so I had a pretty open mind about that. I know a LOT of women who feel similarly.

I also know a few very beautiful women who are in open relationships and enjoy the occasional no-strings side piece, and they do seem to look for Mr. Washboard Abs for a bit o' the old horizontal cardio.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:14 PM

20,328 posts, read 14,547,380 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

If he is working full time as I am, and then going every day to the gym for some significant period of time, and likely enjoys talking about his fitness routine and it's a huge part of his life, then we are likely not compatible.

Also, who said it doesn't go both ways? That's kind of what "compatible" means. We are compatible for one another's lifestyles.

I am also not compatible with juggalos, or guys who wear cowboy hats and boots, or guys who peaked in high school when they were on the football team and never shut up about it, guys who like to get drunk, guys who smoke pot, guys who don't like my cat or who have a dog, guys who are younger than 40.

It's about the person that he IS. He has some interests that we don't share, but they're not a critical part of his everyday life. The reverse is also true.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-10-2018 at 03:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.