Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 10:32 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble love View Post
Interesting. Yes. He has HUGE family issues and a bit of PTSD because of it
Interesting. So, he doesn't feel a need to address his huge family issues, nor to get treatment for his PTSD? He's ok with just living with all that?

*whew* That sounds like somewhat of a self-destructive, or counter-productive at the least, choice for him to make. Maybe if he experiences enough breakups due to this issue, he'll finally see the need to get help, someday, down the road.

How many gf's has he had in the past? How did those relationships work out? Well, obviously, they didn't last, but did they fail because of this same problem? Has there been a pattern, do you know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 10:39 AM

37 posts, read 17,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Interesting. So, he doesn't feel a need to address his huge family issues, nor to get treatment for his PTSD? He's ok with just living with all that?

*whew* That sounds like somewhat of a self-destructive, or counter-productive at the least, choice for him to make. Maybe if he experiences enough breakups due to this issue, he'll finally see the need to get help, someday, down the road.

How many gf's has he had in the past? How did those relationships work out? Well, obviously, they didn't last, but did they fail because of this same problem? Has there been a pattern, do you know?
He has had many relationships. Not sure how they all ended. But I'm sure a lot of his dates couldn't take his shenanigans.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:49 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Is he the one you wrote about before who was always hiding his phone?

Old 07-04-2018, 11:06 AM

399 posts, read 221,041 times
This guy isn't just immature. His behavior seems downright creepy to me. I would be severely weirded out if a random woman added me on Facebook and started going through all of my old photos and commenting on them.

If I were in your position I would insist that he see a therapist/psychologist or else leave him.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:19 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ya' know, obviously I don't know whether PTSD is really an issue, but these terms are tossed around so casually and usually erroneously in these forums
A "bit" PTSD????
Sorry, but I know a few people that really do suffer from it and they go through a lot more agony than a few personality quirks.Using the term so casually makes light of their suffering.

Soap box put away.

Old 07-04-2018, 01:33 PM

1,063 posts, read 696,713 times
We Men are easy to understand

We typically show all the cards in the beginning

It's Women who make it complicated

He has shown that this is him and he is not changing.

Do you accept him or not?

Don't post here 2 years later in tears because he slept with Manuela from down the corner.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:38 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble love View Post
Thinking about it. You are right. I'm just not okay with it. He won't get help. He won't stop and it makes me very nervous. It's hard to leave because I love him, and so it's going to be extremely difficult for a year or so (the amount of time it takes to get over someone..) I honestly believe this kind of behavior leads to cheating. A friend told me it happened to her and as soon as she dumped him - he went after the other girls.
You might feel fine sooner than that since you’re the one who has decided you’re incompatible. Once your perspective changes from love to loathing, you’ll be able to move on without looking back. He’s not the one for you.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post

Don't post here 2 years later in tears because he slept with Manuela from down the corner.
Okay Grumpy.

I have come across more men who have these issues with women. I just happen to be in the class of female shmucks whose man is flaunting, flirting and attention-whoring it up like an Instagram bimbo.
No. Men don't "show their cards".. in fact they can be very secretive. Same with women.

And people are hurting on this site. It's not as black and white as what you say.
I would rather go to a sports bar and watch hockey while he goes to Micheals craft store. He is the one who makes all the pretty selfie posts while I find cat memes amusing. So no. I'm not making things complicated. I have an issue, like most people (who date trouble) and need advice from disinterested parties to help get theirt head on straight.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:56 PM

Hopefully I can get over this bull**** sooner than later

Old 07-04-2018, 11:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post

Nope, guys hide stuff, put on a good show in the beginning, and so on as often as women do.

As for the boyfriend, he seems pretty mixed up and I'd bet there's even more that he doesn't tell the OP... "coming clean" on something smaller is a pretty typical M.O. for cheaters or potential cheaters. I'd be running, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships