Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 05:19 PM

30 posts, read 12,770 times

Advertisements

How do you get over this feeling like you'll never find someone like your ex ? I've dated a few others since but have never felt t he same. In fact, it's almost like my heart has turned to ice. I try and feel something and try with others but i feel nothing. Does this mean I am not over my ex? I'm on strict no contact and my memories of them have faded which i'm happy and i can move on but it's not until I date others and I never really feel the same that i think of my ex. It makes me depressed and sometimes I just give up all together and sleep with hot prostitutes instead.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:27 PM

61,834 posts, read 87,292,973 times
You are not over your ex, yet.
And while you think that you never find anyone like her, you might find someone who is different but not less desirable.
Sleeping with prostitutes isn't going to cure you. You pay for sex, so don't expect anything else.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:38 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,966,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undersiredone View Post
How do you get over this feeling like you'll never find someone like your ex ? I've dated a few others since but have never felt t he same. In fact, it's almost like my heart has turned to ice. I try and feel something and try with others but i feel nothing. Does this mean I am not over my ex? I'm on strict no contact and my memories of them have faded which i'm happy and i can move on but it's not until I date others and I never really feel the same that i think of my ex. It makes me depressed and sometimes I just give up all together and sleep with hot prostitutes instead.
Ok that’s a problem.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You are not over your ex, yet.
And while you think that you never find anyone like her, you might find someone who is different but not less desirable.
Sleeping with prostitutes isn't going to cure you. You pay for sex, so don't expect anything else.
I just get depressed and think If i sleep with hot prostitutes it will make me forget her but it hasn't really worked.

How do you know when you are over your ex? she was my first girlfriend and only person I ever loved (i don't even like my family)

Old 12-23-2020, 05:43 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,815,005 times
How long has it been since you broke up?

Old 12-23-2020, 05:48 PM

61,834 posts, read 87,292,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undersiredone View Post

How do you know when you are over your ex? she was my first girlfriend and only person I ever loved (i don't even like my family)
You are over when you stop thinking about and comparing other women to your ex.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:07 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,518,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
How long has it been since you broke up?
Yea, you asked the question I wanted to know...

Old 12-23-2020, 06:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,653 posts, read 18,015,765 times
I think the answer is, you don't. When you listen to very old people, they often have a love of their life that they lost and never found anyone comparable again. In best cases, it was their lifelong partner.

Sometimes, though, it was a love they had early in life.

I realize this is a Debbie Downer post, but the truth is, you may never find another lover who makes you feel the passion the one that got away did.

And that's just being human.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You are over when you stop thinking about and comparing other women to your ex.
But isn't that natural to compare?

I don't understand, I mean if you had a relationship with someone and thought it was a really good experience and liked their characteristics, then wouldn't you want to be with someone similar ?

Old 12-23-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think the answer is, you don't. When you listen to very old people, they often have a love of their life that they lost and never found anyone comparable again. In best cases, it was their lifelong partner.

Sometimes, though, it was a love they had early in life.

I realize this is a Debbie Downer post, but the truth is, you may never find another lover who makes you feel the passion the one that got away did.

And that's just being human.
Dam, I think this will be the situation for me.. I guess I just got to accept it and I guess be happy I got to experience love like that once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.