Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 06:19 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times

Advertisements

How about a conversation where you ask her these things? I know it's crazy, but it just may work.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Mikala43; 07-09-2018 at 08:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 07:54 PM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
Yeah. I was just about to post that ^^^
Why don't you ask her how she wants to be introduced to people you know?
It seems to me that you guys don't talk about basics.
What about asking her what she feels about this relationship. It's somehow obvious that you are more engaged, sure about your feelings and want to proceed while she is not there, yet. Some people need more that 3 months to figure out those things.
She is not sure about you yet, and there is nothing you can do, except trying your best and waiting. But hiding her isn't making anything better, and I think she probably noticed what you are doing.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:15 PM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfists View Post
I can't say she is just a friend if I introduced her to any of them because that will hurt her, also I know it's difficult for her to intoduce me to her friends/family as BF, so all I wanted is just we wait untill we can make it official -both of us-, I'm ready to make it but she is not yet, otherwise I will hate it if people from my side know she is my GF but her prople know that I'm only a friend.
I don't know, but to me all that sounds a bit bizarre.
You don't want to introduce her as your GF because it will HURT HER, and she DOESN'T WANT to introduce you as her BF, because you are not a BF to her.
So, you decided to hide the fact that you're seeing each other till IT'S official. In short, you both are NOT in an BF/ GF relationship at all, you just wish that it's so.
Practically you are just FRIENDS seeing each other and YOU are waiting for things to develop. There is no relationship to announce. (and why it's so important to you to ANNOUNCE a relationship, anyway?)
Therefore like others said, introduce her with her name and skip the explanation. That should do for both of you.

Is she the same person you talked about on your previous threads?

BTW:
Quote:
...she wanted always that I prove my love in a way that meets her standards in love, I try to show it but in my own way which -most of time- doesn't make her satisfied. ... She never said "I love you" directly.
... Many times I recieve indirect signals of doubt from her side.
... I have the feeling that she will not introduce me as a boyfriend to her friends or family because she seems in doubt about a lot of things .
... I really need her...
It doesn't sounds that this "relationship" is going anywhere. I don't know what are you doing for her, but it sounds that you're being played.

Definition of being played by someone:
If someone pretends to be your friend, while actually undermining you for their benefit.

Last edited by elnina; 07-09-2018 at 09:50 PM..

Old 07-09-2018, 09:45 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,395,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The simple solution to that is to not introduce her in context to you. When I introduce someone, I don't say "My friend, Sarah", or "My girlfriend, Sarah", I just say, "This is Sarah". Simple enough, and avoid the possessive phrasing that so many women dislike intensely.
This

Old 07-09-2018, 10:24 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times
*sigh*

Don't dads or uncles teach young boys the basics of human relationships anymore?

Old 07-10-2018, 12:38 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,111,571 times
Quote:
What if you wanted to introduce your boyfriend to everyone and he don't want to do the same with his friends and family, do you think you will go for it?

How do you know since you've never even asked her?

Old 07-10-2018, 12:45 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,936,307 times
Who cares? Why make it so complicated? Why keep score? Enjoy her company. If it lasts, great. If it doesn't, it doesn't. No need for either of you to prove your love or anything else. Sounds like you are both playing childish games.

Quote:
You got my post wrong -or I was not accurate in explaining- we never ran into any of my/her friends/family or met any by chance, but rather we were in some places where one or two of my people were nearby -I know they were there but they didn't notice my presense-, the thing is I can't say she is just a friend if I introduced her to any of them because that will hurt her, also I know it's difficult for her to intoduce me to her friends/family as BF, so all I wanted is just we wait untill we can make it official -both of us-, I'm ready to make it but she is not yet, otherwise I will hate it if people from my side know she is my GF but her prople know that I'm only a friend.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:47 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
*sigh*

Don't dads or uncles teach young boys the basics of human relationships anymore?

Did they ever? Like most guys I know, we figured out things through trial and error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships