Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 05:20 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times

Advertisements

The words "Dumb" and "Hot" come up a lot. I mean, some of the hot ones were pretty smart and obviously I found the dumb ones attractive... but if we're talking about dominant traits...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 05:31 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
coordinated, blonde

Old 07-10-2018, 05:32 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,000 times
What about the self critical version?

Old 07-10-2018, 07:02 PM

777 posts, read 452,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
What about the self critical version?
What do you mean?

I was wondering earlier how I would fare with a one word description by my formers....

Old 07-10-2018, 07:05 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
What do you mean?

I was wondering earlier how I would fare with a one word description by my formers....
Hazard to make any guesses?

[I was just kidding; I like to play around on here from time to time -- keeps me from facing misery ... at least for few hours.]

Old 07-10-2018, 07:08 PM

1,092 posts, read 832,129 times
cannot think on these relationships & just use one word (but has also necessitated a little reflection on self...UGH)

Old 07-10-2018, 08:43 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Thanks for playing along. I figured most of the words people would come up with would be negative. Either some of you have had a LOT of relationships or you’re not limiting yourself to one word per ex. The idea is not to give it a lot of thought. Just think of the person and say the first word that pops into your head. I did this with a few of my exes. In some cases, I was surprised. One ex was a single parent. But the word mother didn’t immediately pop into my head. Instead, it was religious, probably because that was the biggest reason we didn’t work out. Another ex was bipolar. But funny enough, that word wasn’t the first word I thought of. Instead, it was obese, which left me feeling ashamed since, at the time we were dating, I never had a problem with her weight. Another ex was considerably older than me, but the first word that comes to mind is immature. So it’s interesting how your brain focuses on the qualities that aren’t necessarily the ones you think it should.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:02 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,154,462 times
I'm torn between "nice" and "bland". I can't decide which came to mind first.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:07 AM

777 posts, read 452,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Thanks for playing along. I figured most of the words people would come up with would be negative. Either some of you have had a LOT of relationships or you’re not limiting yourself to one word per ex. The idea is not to give it a lot of thought. Just think of the person and say the first word that pops into your head. I did this with a few of my exes. In some cases, I was surprised. One ex was a single parent. But the word mother didn’t immediately pop into my head. Instead, it was religious, probably because that was the biggest reason we didn’t work out. Another ex was bipolar. But funny enough, that word wasn’t the first word I thought of. Instead, it was obese, which left me feeling ashamed since, at the time we were dating, I never had a problem with her weight. Another ex was considerably older than me, but the first word that comes to mind is immature. So it’s interesting how your brain focuses on the qualities that aren’t necessarily the ones you think it should.
Exes are exes for a reason, so I wouldn't think it surprising that most words are negative.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I had many partners, mine was the multicolored (showing fewer women than men) post. The first block was age 14-18, then The Ex (the only former partner I refer to as an "ex") was my husband for 18 years, then the second block is after we parted.

One thing I have realized from having kept the data on my formers, which I do because I keep data on practically everything, I'm a meticulous keeper of lists and spreadsheets and such on everything...is that when I am free and single, and not in a committed relationship, I can average probably 10 partners per year. It's a good thing, I guess, that I haven't been in that state of being for very many years of my life.

I remember most of them in "meh who cares" neither positive nor negative terms, a good, significant number in positive ways, and very few truly negatively. I have wonderful memories of good times with many of them, and remain friends with a number of them still.

So what someone said, and has been repeated here, that people are "exes for a reason"...it isn't always true in my life, at least not in terms of feeling negatively toward them. Many of my relationships didn't end because of some blowup of horribleness. They just ran their course, or it wasn't a good working connection for a long term relationship. I don't cling to non-working connections without a very, very good reason (only the one!) and I don't hate anyone just because they didn't want to be my partner for life. That's just not always in the cards, so what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships