Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 02:37 PM

192 posts, read 109,847 times

Advertisements

My ex boyfriend: trouble (big big big trouble as he's an alcoholic)

A French guy that I dated twice with (nothing happened, though) : aliens / goldfish / childish ... Pick one.

:P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 04:51 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,486,726 times
I just have one, but at least it's different: professor.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:13 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Marriageable!

I dated only casually when I was younger. Nobody worth mentioning. The first person I was ever serious about turned out to be the person I married. Knew it from the moment I met him. Perfect for me and still is.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:41 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Marriageable!

I dated only casually when I was younger. Nobody worth mentioning. The first person I was ever serious about turned out to be the person I married. Knew it from the moment I met him. Perfect for me and still is.
This question was about ex partners, not your current one.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:27 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
This question was about ex partners, not your current one.
Just getting a head start....

Old 07-11-2018, 08:14 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
I can't sum up all my ex's into one word responses but nonetheless it's interesting how one would view their past partners.

If I could I would say most of them fell into:
Incompatible or
Lesson Learned

Old 07-12-2018, 01:18 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I can't sum up all my ex's into one word responses but nonetheless it's interesting how one would view their past partners.

If I could I would say most of them fell into:
Incompatible or
Lesson Learned
The idea isn’t to sum them up or even put much thought into it. Just say the first word that comes to mind.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:27 PM

651 posts, read 407,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I had many partners, mine was the multicolored (showing fewer women than men) post. The first block was age 14-18, then The Ex (the only former partner I refer to as an "ex") was my husband for 18 years, then the second block is after we parted.

One thing I have realized from having kept the data on my formers, which I do because I keep data on practically everything, I'm a meticulous keeper of lists and spreadsheets and such on everything...is that when I am free and single, and not in a committed relationship, I can average probably 10 partners per year. It's a good thing, I guess, that I haven't been in that state of being for very many years of my life.

I remember most of them in "meh who cares" neither positive nor negative terms, a good, significant number in positive ways, and very few truly negatively. I have wonderful memories of good times with many of them, and remain friends with a number of them still.

So what someone said, and has been repeated here, that people are "exes for a reason"...it isn't always true in my life, at least not in terms of feeling negatively toward them. Many of my relationships didn't end because of some blowup of horribleness. They just ran their course, or it wasn't a good working connection for a long term relationship. I don't cling to non-working connections without a very, very good reason (only the one!) and I don't hate anyone just because they didn't want to be my partner for life. That's just not always in the cards, so what?
Same here. Although for me it is a little different still. Most of the women I have been with I kinda knew from the start that those were not the "real deal". But I dont settle no more, so I have been a lone wolf for almost two years now.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:05 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Bob = CUTE!
Ray = Hot!
Mark = Argumentative
Tom = smart
Hank = crazy
Lenny = hick
Rickie = abusive

Those are my ex's.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:07 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships