Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 09:36 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, this is from your Raleigh-inquiry thread:

You were saying your current location doesn't have options, job-wise, and your employer might go out of business, or something. But now, you say you don't want to move?

Maybe you should move. What changed your mind about moving?
I don't know what got people under the impression that I don't want to move. Sure, I put in the last sentence "other than moving" because I can't do it immediately, but I am planning on it over the next year or so.

There are virtually no job opportunities here for me. If something happens to my current job, I'd probably have to take a pay cut of a third are more to remain in the area. There are some "storm clouds" on the horizon related to work.

I'll have to see how things go, but I think there will be more layoffs where I am going into next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, you're plotting your escape? Poor gal
She has no interest in remaining here once her second hip is fixed. She got sick three years ago, but was able to work/walk/drive until her hips gave out last summer. The second hip is probably going to be replaced in September unless her recovery slows.

She's originally from Tampa and moved up here in middle school. She's spent a lot of time in Charlotte and is open to living there. I've spent a lot of time in Tampa, and while I like Raleigh and Charlotte better, Tampa would be much better than here in a lot of ways.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:39 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I don't know what got people under the impression that I don't want to move. Sure, I put in the last sentence "other than moving" because I can't do it immediately, but I am planning on it over the next year or so.

There are virtually no job opportunities here for me. If something happens to my current job, I'd probably have to take a pay cut of a third are more to remain in the area. There are some "storm clouds" on the horizon related to work.

I'll have to see how things go, but I think there will be more layoffs where I am going into next year.
OK, so your purpose in creating this thread, is to get suggestions on what to do, dating-wise, in the meantime, until you move a year or so from now? What would the point of that be? What if you found someone in Asheville, say, but the jobs turned out to be somewhere, in the opposite direction? Why not wait until you get settled in a new location? Or are you looking for casual dating only, until after you move? I guess I assumed you were looking to date for the purpose of finding a potential LTR.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:51 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
I really would like to know why you choose a woman who is disabled?

Old 07-11-2018, 09:53 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Because, white knight in shining armor.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:00 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I really would like to know why you choose a woman who is disabled?
He didn't know at first that she was disabled.

She was on Tinder, where they met, trolling for guys without mentioning her physical challenges. She didn't tell him about it until the day they met, after they had been talking a while.

Many of us tried to warn him in the earlier thread about taking this on but he went ahead.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:03 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
He didn't know at first that she was disabled.

She was on Tinder, where they met, trolling for guys without mentioning her physical challenges. She didn't tell him about it until the day they met, after they had been talking a while.

Many of us tried to warn him in the earlier thread about taking this on but he went ahead.
What is silly is using the excuse of a single date meaning you're attached and in "a relationship". If you can't detach for viable reasons after a date and a few weeks talking online then you are unable to have an adult relationship.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:24 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Because you act like moneybags. So, stop.
Dude bought her a $1,000 Iphone 3 weeks after they met, and he did nothing but complain about her attitude back THEN.

There is something more going on here mentally than being mister moneybags.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Dude bought her a $1,000 Iphone 3 weeks after they met,

Who does that? OP, why did you do that, then complain about her taking you for granted? I'm beginning to recall that thread, now...

Old 07-11-2018, 10:31 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, so your purpose in creating this thread, is to get suggestions on what to do, dating-wise, in the meantime, until you move a year or so from now? What would the point of that be? What if you found someone in Asheville, say, but the jobs turned out to be somewhere, in the opposite direction? Why not wait until you get settled in a new location? Or are you looking for casual dating only, until after you move? I guess I assumed you were looking to date for the purpose of finding a potential LTR.
OK, so it seems that the OP wants to break up with the GF, start dating someone else, and then when he's ready to move in a year or two, break up with the new GF, get back with the old one, and start living together in a new city?

Did I get that right?

Old 07-11-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OK, so it seems that the OP wants to break up with the GF, start dating someone else, and then when he's ready to move in a year or two, break up with the new GF, get back with the old one, and start living together in a new city?

Did I get that right?
Clarification needed from the OP. But I wasn't assuming he was planning a move with his current gf, in spite of what another poster said about his Raleigh thread. I thought that might have been an error; he didn't mention his gf (not sure he'd met her yet) in his OP on the Raleigh thread.

Anyway, that was last winter, and this is now. It sounds like he's reaching the end of his rope with the current gf, and taking her along with him wherever he goes in the future isn't in the plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships