Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 11:21 AM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OK, so it seems that the OP wants to break up with the GF, start dating someone else, and then when he's ready to move in a year or two, break up with the new GF, get back with the old one, and start living together in a new city?

Did I get that right?
That's how I read it too.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:22 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Long Island Tom View Post
And speaking of the volumes that speaks....consider the same time/day he's also making arrangements to sleep with a total stranger

"I talked to a woman on a dating site yesterday. She was honestly quite attractive, but had so many issues. She just wanted intimacy. That's fine with me. We talked all day. I sent her a message before bed asking if she was still interested in sleeping together. She said yes, but she felt so inferior to me that she was embarrassed to meet me and wouldn't do so.

I have some 40 year old interested in me. She isn't very attractive, but does own a small business so should have enough income to go out."

//www.city-data.com/forum/52456041-post131.html
Yep.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:25 AM

2,718 posts, read 5,357,929 times
Quote:
Dude bought her a $1,000 Iphone 3 weeks after they met, and he did nothing but complain about her attitude back THEN.
Bought it and expected her parents to just pick up the tab every month. What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I figured her parents would pick up the tab for $35/month service. They haven't. They aren't poor - they just bought a new Civic for her brother, who is only 20 and has a job of his own. I didn't think the $35/month phone plan would be a big deal, but they won't pick it up. I'm not cutting her phone off and making her do without - she really needs it, but I'm stuck paying the bill.
Self-inflicted.

I didn't read/know about the original thread about this situation.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
And there's also this recent thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...sexuality.html
Yeah, there is a whole cocktail of stuff going on that speaks to the OP's general restlessness and seeming dissatisfaction, I think.

It seems like he might be in a pattern of just pursuing whatever's in front of him that has the fewest impediments to access, and then looks back on it and reflects on it not really being what he wants...whether that's taking a job in the hometown area when the hometown area isn't remotely appealing, or dating a woman with obvious limitations on personal independence, despite major reservations from the very inception of the whole arrangement. His posts really come off like he's settling for stuff he doesn't want and then wallowing about those decisions after the fact. And being mad about the situation being what it is.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM

35,060 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Quote:
Dude bought her a $1,000 Iphone 3 weeks after they met, and he did nothing but complain about her attitude back THEN.

There is something more going on here mentally than being mister moneybags.
It was a ~$170 iPhone SE from Walmart. The phone and the month of service was like $200. I don't think that's an outrageous birthday gift.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:28 AM

OP, you KNOW you put yourself in this situation.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:30 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
I'm starting to wonder if the OP is planning to drag his gf along with him to wherever, out of a sense of obligation/duty and guilt, while hoping to live something closer to a singles lifestyle behind her back.

OP, let her go. This "relationship" has only been a few months. You're not beholden to her. Would a breakup be messy? Yes, but it would be honest. Then you'll be free to date whomever, explore your sexuality, and have the more free-wheeling life you seem to crave. There's nothing wrong with that. You shouldn't be leading your gf on, though.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:30 AM

35,060 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thank you for this update.

Now we REALLY need clarification from the OP! OP, why are you looking to date other women, while planning to move the gf you're tired of, with you to NC?
She's not moving with me until she's walking, if we're still together. She's just now able to get up the stairs to my bedroom at my condo.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:37 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
And you obviously need to cut the girl with lupus loose.

You're on an online forum bitching to strangers about how exhausting and emotionally taxing shoe shopping with her is. Think about the volumes that speaks.
Damn, Tab. You're going in. I like it.

I completely agree. Unfortunately this kind of stuff is common. People will act all self righteous because they have "feelings" until they realize it was absolute desperation and they didn't think the situation through. The cognitive dissonance they feel is so overwhelming they begin deluding themselves trying wriggle out the situation by constantly complaining about their own bad decisions. At some point people have to own up, say I up, and hold the "L."

Old 07-11-2018, 11:41 AM

Well, and the OP has been completely openly acknowledging red flags about this arrangement FROM THE VERY GET-GO.

And now, it's all, "I'm just so frustrated by the situation...WHAT IS WRONG WITH SMALL TOWN TENNESSEE THAT I'M IN THIS SITUATION????"

Dude. It's not small-town Tennessee that's the problem. It's that you made a dumb choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships