Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 08:06 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times

Advertisements

Fighting means people love each other? I dont think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 09:54 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
I mean, disagreement is one thing, but if we're fighting, we're incompatible. I've not experienced that in a relationship. My husband and I don't fight and there's nothing major or serious we disagree on.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Gottman's stance, in general, is that disagreeing is completely normal and authentic, arguing one's point is absolutely within the normal bounds of communication, but that there are healthy, respectful, and productive ways to disagree. Knock-down, drag out fights fraught with cheap shots, personal attacks, wildly inappropriate personalization, massive generalizations are not that.

But working through disagreement effectively DOES strengthen relationships.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:58 PM

11 posts, read 6,676 times
My ex and never had even one fight ,little disagreement here and there but that was about it.

When i didnt like something i was just thinking i dont want to be that person who tells him what to do. And he felt the sam way. We ended becouse when we said we are bothered by something it never seem serious enough and it turned out we just kept hurting each other and not dealing with it.

But now im happier then ever and I fight with my current bf. We fight decent amount of time sometimes we cry even but we end up laughing and hugging each other. But after every fight we understand each other more. Thats the way we express our self we are both explosive personalites but we never say anything to hurt each other in there fights.

I came to conclusion that i never cared enough about my previous relationship to actually fight about something. Saying whatever and waving away with your hand is not healthy.

If you have a need to yell at someone do it but be carefull, anger can make you say something you dont mean. so if you cant have a disagreement without raising your voice (but being rational at the same time ) its normal alot of people cant

Personally if i dont yell when im angry and make it all come out fast i cry as a baby trying to explain something.It depends on your personality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships