Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 05:08 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterWright View Post
Studies have shown that women move on quickly however men are bothered for a long time, sometimes years. Many men kill themselves when their wives leave, but you don’t see that type of behavior from women. A theory is that in past worlds men would die frequently in wars and that women would need to move on quickly to another partner for both protection, resources, and a decreasing fertility as she ages. I find this topic fascinating, however I would say your feelings are considered normal. Fwiw I am a man and tend to lament past relationships for years.
Possibly....but what I see much more often is men getting with other women VERY soon, especially if widowed. And even more so if they have kids - gotta have a woman to take care of the kids, the house and HIS special needs. Women are used to doing for themselves and everyone else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 07:28 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
It appears to me that our OP benefited from this discussion. What I read into OP's recent posts is that she's relieved that she's now moving on. Maybe we helped her make up her mind.

That's what forums are for.
I am a he.

But yes this is helping. I can't say I am fully moved on but I am getting there. That desire, that want, the yearning to be with him, is pretty much gone, and has been for a couple of months now.

Not to get too personal here, but before when I would masturbate, I would always remember him and I had sex, and would use that for the most part. Haven't thought of those memories in probably over a month. Before I used to get jealous if he was talking to another guy or if there was a threat. Very recently he made another gay friend and they are hanging out intensely. To be honest, really didn't bother me too much at all.

It's little things like that where I am starting to see that my mind is shifting from him. It's gotten to the point that I don't want to hang out with him 1-1 anymore.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:33 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
I am sorry Mr. OP. We have a lot of topics here, I've been sick this week and Internet has been my main distraction from suffering from food poisoning.

Never the less I believe you gained from the discussion and pretty sure you feel better about yourself as a result of this discussion.

I'm glad to see you moved on and I'm happy if your Internet advice facilitated it.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:10 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
A friend mentioned to me that in his opinion depending on the length of the relationship it takes about one-quarter of that for him to recover. I think it's about the same for me too on the average.
Funny enough that I’ve heard from some that it’s half the length of the relationship. Even if it’s just a quarter, god help me if I ain’t over this in a year from now.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:07 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
I think most women are just more mature regarding relational matters due to their disadvantaged status in society.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:02 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Funny enough that I’ve heard from some that it’s half the length of the relationship. Even if it’s just a quarter, god help me if I ain’t over this in a year from now.
Actually you are the friend I was referring to (PM). I must have misunderstood you. The 1/4 of the relationship figure seems right to me when compared against my personal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships