Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 11:53 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I remember my BIL was completely disgusted with his late secretary's husband. She had bone cancer and was in pain but still trying to work and maintain some sort of normalcy in her life. He saw her crying one day and she confided in him that her husband got angry because she'd told him the night before she didn't want to have sex because it was so painful. He then threatened that if she didn't, he was going to go find it somewhere else.

In time she died, and he remarried before six months was up. Must've been true love, huh.
Unfortunately a lot of scumbags who never loved their partner use the death of a loved one to gain access to a relationship. Horrible.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-22-2018 at 09:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 12:18 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Unfortunately a lot of scumbags who never loved their partner use the death of a loved one to gain access to a relationship. Horrible.
The death of a loved one works, because you only have to deal with the emotional part of that spouse. It's not like a divorce, or failed relationship, where you have to deal with the emotional and the physical. I also think one is treated way more favorably, from a dating standpoint, than the other. With a spouse dying there's the idea that they'd still be married to their partner if they hadn't have died. When you divorce, well the truth is on the divorce decree. They no linger wanted to be married. Plus, I'm not going to lie, widowed does sound better than divorced.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:41 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
Quote:
I never said I was interested into entering a marriage. Hell, I definitely don’t want to get married. You are just mad because I’m at least honest with my BS and won’t put on a front for anyone.
I'm not mad at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships