Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 12:00 PM

125 posts, read 64,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
Well... we both developed feelings for each other.

Wouldn't say I'm locked down though. Even as she left she told me to keep dating others.

Got this message after leaving her at the airport:

"Thank you for the most incredible time of my life!! Miss you so much already.. "
Man, you're gonna break her heart. Oh well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 12:37 PM

20,360 posts, read 14,632,606 times
OP, I'm gonna just go ahead and go here now...

So you have your long distance lady who is like, "certainly continue to see other people."

You have local lady, and after confiding your situation with long-distance lady, she was ok and you felt closer to her even than before, right?

Quote:
Well, I decided to throw out all of the advice in this thread, and told the local girl about the visit happening tomorrow.

I'm actually glad I did it. Some other stuff came out in our conversation which actually led to us bonding more.

And as an additional upside, I'm not hiding anything now.
Is it ok with you if both/either of these women have other partners as well?

If so, and you're all being nice and honest-like about it...congrats dude, you are doing polyamory.

There are books about how to go about doing that and best practices that get best results. You might consider looking into it. If you have any particular questions or want recommendations on what to read or online resources, feel free to PM me. I was poly for a while, it was great, and I know lots of people who are very happily poly and have been for years.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:22 PM

399 posts, read 220,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
OP, I'm gonna just go ahead and go here now...

So you have your long distance lady who is like, "certainly continue to see other people."

You have local lady, and after confiding your situation with long-distance lady, she was ok and you felt closer to her even than before, right?

Is it ok with you if both/either of these women have other partners as well?

If so, and you're all being nice and honest-like about it...congrats dude, you are doing polyamory.

There are books about how to go about doing that and best practices that get best results. You might consider looking into it. If you have any particular questions or want recommendations on what to read or online resources, feel free to PM me. I was poly for a while, it was great, and I know lots of people who are very happily poly and have been for years.
Unfortunately, it's not quite that simple. The reason the long-distance woman encouraged me to see other people was because she knows I cannot do long-distance. And hasn't figured out how to make the move out here.

And I would be quite surprised if the local girl would be okay with being in a relationship with me while I have feelings for somebody else. But the next step for me is to talk to her and figure out what's what from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken-wings View Post
Man, you're gonna break her heart. Oh well
I don't know about that. Her visit here left me in a state such that if she moved here, our relationship would immediately progress into something serious.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:05 PM

125 posts, read 64,362 times
Quote:
I don't know about that. Her visit here left me in a state such that if she moved here, our relationship would immediately progress into something serious.
If that's true you need to pick one. I have a feeling that local girl will NOT be ok with the fact that you just had a sex weekend with the other woman while you're chatting her up.

It sounds like you need to cut the out-of-town woman loose, and never mention the rendezvous to the local girl.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:50 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
I have no comment about OP and his two love interests. I'll leave that for others, not sure I even have any opinion.

However, Ms. out-of-town is unlikely to have a return visit any time soon so OP can focus on local woman, and decide later about what to do with Ms. out-of-town. For example, if she can't fly back until next month, then it's a problem that can be deferred until next month. Until then talk is just talk.

If I were Ms. out-of-town I'd expect OP to fly out and visit me next meet. That's only fair. If I were OP I'd be excited in a DTF in a new city. (I don't do DTFs, but I'm putting this in the perspective of our OP.)

Just curious OP, how was Ms. out-of-town? Was she cute and fun to be with? (besides the sex) Is there any chance you or her may relocate? I'm thinking of your long term situation.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:59 AM

399 posts, read 220,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
If I were Ms. out-of-town I'd expect OP to fly out and visit me next meet. That's only fair. If I were OP I'd be excited in a DTF in a new city. (I don't do DTFs, but I'm putting this in the perspective of our OP.)
I intend on paying her a visit. I have to figure out the timing though - she teaches so her schedule gets busy next week.

Quote:
Just curious OP, how was Ms. out-of-town? Was she cute and fun to be with? (besides the sex) Is there any chance you or her may relocate? I'm thinking of your long term situation.
She's a little quieter than most women I've gone out with. But we also knew a lot about each other without meeting, which made some of that chat unnecessary. But when I did ask questions, she could talk and talk with no hangups.

She's a pretty good looking woman, has a gorgeous smile, and yes, I enjoyed her company outside the bedroom.

There's a chance of her moving here; she doesn't like her job and wants to get a fresh start. Her only hangup is that her parents live in the northeast and is an only child. So if she moved that would be hard on them.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:18 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
Deepsix, I think you are in a pretty good situation! Just keep your head and I think you are headed for some good times!

Let's just hope that both don't work out or you'll have some serious decisions ahead.

I'll call this a happy ending... or a happy beginning!

(She can always go back and visit her parents to keep close.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships