Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 05:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yes! It's a having-your-back thing!
Thank you.
Exactly.

Someone you're supposed to love is being disrespected or harmed (even if emotionally) and...you just stand there?

I "can" take care of myself but gosh damn but that would hurt. You don't stand there "duhhhhhhhhhhhhh" with your jaw hanging open going "But I know she can handle herself! And anyway, what if he has a gun? So because he might have a gun...I definitely need to let her handle this potential gun-holder herself! Otherwise things might be dangerous." Uh wut? The guys saying they "let the woman handle it"...are at conflict with the whole "but what if he has a gun?" thing. This thread isn't making a whole lot of sense.

Look, you're too scared to say one word in defense of your girlfriend? Own it.

I'm not too scared to speak in defense of my husband, I have, I would again.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:16 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
Default Men, if someone inappropriately grabbed your woman, what would you do?

If she liked it, I'd tell him to do it again.

If she didn't like it, I would stab him in the neck with a fork.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:18 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
If she liked it, I'd tell him to do it again.

If she didn't like it, I would stab him in the neck with a fork.
And what are you up to tonight?

Old 07-21-2018, 05:24 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Exactly.

Someone you're supposed to love is being disrespected or harmed (even if emotionally) and...you just stand there?

I "can" take care of myself but gosh damn but that would hurt. You don't stand there "duhhhhhhhhhhhhh" with your jaw hanging open going "But I know she can handle herself! And anyway, what if he has a gun? So because he might have a gun...I definitely need to let her handle this potential gun-holder herself! Otherwise things might be dangerous." Uh wut? The guys saying they "let the woman handle it"...are at conflict with the whole "but what if he has a gun?" thing. This thread isn't making a whole lot of sense.

Look, you're too scared to say one word in defense of your girlfriend? Own it.

I'm not too scared to speak in defense of my husband, I have, I would again.

Oh c'mon, ladies! Lol

I believe, every man that truly loves their gf/spouse will have their back in any situation. But most times, these rare occurrences happen when their guy isn't around.

Im just saying most women today are quite capable of handling a perv in public.

This reminds of an old thread where I made a statement about my exwife/girlfriends not going to the club with their friends to "just" dance; not that I didn't trust her, but didn't trust the guys that were in there groping, and running their fingers along buttcracks, etc on the dance floor.

The blow-back I got from that statement in here "women can handle themselves, HC".

Old 07-21-2018, 05:27 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
Quote:
And what are you up to tonight?
Looking for someone to stab in the neck with a fork.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Oh c'mon, ladies! Lol

I believe, every man that truly loves their gf/spouse will have their back in any situation. But most times, these rare occurrences happen when their guy isn't around.

Im just saying most women today are quite capable of handling a perv in public.

This reminds of an old thread where I made a statement about my exwife/girlfriends not going to the club with their friends to "just" dance; not that I didn't trust her, but didn't trust the guys that were in there groping, and running their fingers along buttcracks, etc on the dance floor.

The blow-back I got from that statement in here "women can handle themselves, HC".
This is fine, but the whole context of the original question is that the boyfriend/husband IS there. And some are saying they "let her handle it" *while* they were there.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Looking for someone to stab in the neck with a fork.
Do you just like, carry this fork with you everywhere you go?

Grope Insurance?

Old 07-21-2018, 05:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
And I have a permit, and am regularly trained in self-defense, so no, I don't need anybody to do anything either. The fact is if I was with a friend who was a female and somebody did that to her I might have to say something --if it was my daughter?
... you're damn right, and I have. No one started shooting at me for telling them to back off, that's the first thing you're supposed to do... Not curl up like a little pill bug and roll off into the gutter.

Huh. I joined in the wrong conversation here.
I work in buildings that involve government clearances and they don't like people with assault felony records, no thanks.

You can go play rambo if you want, the rest of us have things to lose for reckless behavior and beer brawls.

I'm not sure your daughter would appreciate being homeless because daddy lost his job either, which would happen in my case.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
I'd usually let my girlfriend handle it the first time. My girlfriend is 24 she's a grown woman, I have to give her the chance to take up for herself. If she makes it known that it's becoming a problem, I'll end it quickly.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:41 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Assault and jail time are an easy punishment to receive these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships