Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 05:13 PM

25 posts, read 18,519 times

Advertisements

She told me before that if we ever broke up she would still want to be friends with me. Eventually we did break up and it wasn't on a bad note we were both just really stressed out.
A few days later i told her maybe its best we dont become friends anymore and i thought she would agree. Instead she told me to please give it some time because she wants to be close friends with me in the future. She also added randomly that she feels really guilty for breaking up with me.

I felt like she didn't have to add that part but she wants to stay friends even after breaking with me?
I dont really understand what she might be thinking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 05:17 PM

125 posts, read 64,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieele View Post
She told me before that if we ever broke up she would still want to be friends with me. Eventually we did break up and it wasn't on a bad note we were both just really stressed out.
A few days later i told her maybe its best we dont become friends anymore and i thought she would agree. Instead she told me to please give it some time because she wants to be close friends with me in the future. She also added randomly that she feels really guilty for breaking up with me.

I felt like she didn't have to add that part but she wants to stay friends even after breaking with me?
Nah thats her ego talking. She just doesn't want to think there's somebody out there mad at her because she broke up with him.

If YOU think you shouldn;t be friends then don't do it.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:

Break all contact immediately. This woman ain't gonna have no respect for the boundaries of friendship if she is trying to manipulate you already. Once you go romantic, no getting the genie back in the lamp to a regular friendship.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:23 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,636 times
no contact.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:24 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
OP, it depends on how you feel about not having that extra closeness when you are more than friends. If I really cared about the woman it would tear me up to be with her but not be able to kiss her and touch and hold hands. If you feel like that about her then I suggest you exit the relationship and go back to fishing at the pond.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:35 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:

So what do YOU want to do?

Old 07-23-2018, 05:40 PM

25 posts, read 18,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So what do YOU want to do?
honestly i dont know. She was about as confused as i was when we broke up. i still like her of course but i'm just gonna not talk to her for a few months and see what happens.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:52 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
It sounds more to me not that "we broke up" but that she broke with you. That's a clue.

Actually the woman I've dated most this year (bit more than couple dozen dates) contacted me (we've been apart couple months) and it appears we will be dating again. The almost impossible does happen, but rarely. I'll date her if that works out but I'll be wary of our past relationship. I might be willing to friend zone her if she is willing to pay her share at expensive restaurants I like to frequent. (I'll pick up the tab for pho, etc.).

I suggest you do not put yourself in for that, but if you are a glutton for punishment, go for it. You have maybe 1 in 1000 chance of success, but that isn't zero.

I got over my infatuation with the above named lady and I think I have a pretty good handle on my emotions. It wouldn't break my heart if it doesn't turn into love. We had a lot of fun in Zumba and yoga classes, we belong to the same gym.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:57 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
A few days later i told her maybe its best we dont become friends anymore
This is all that is important....

I say this as a person who is still close friends with a previous GF (we considered marriage). There has to be a mutual want/need to start over from scratch and build a friendship... a willingness to want the other to be happy... and acknowledge that its the place in life that you cannot provide.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:58 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,534,131 times
Move on. Life is too short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships