Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 11:40 AM

340 posts, read 272,224 times

Advertisements

Hello my friends of CD, its been a while. How are you guys doing? You guys konw I'm dating for almost 7 months, what I'm about to say here please I don't want to be judged but last saturday we were at a party with our friends and my girlfriend asked my phone so she could take a picture or text her brother, I don't remember exactly. Later in the night she said she saw texts from two girls, she was a little upset and she asked me who they were. I told her one of them is a girl from another city I met online on social media, never met her in person. The other one is a girl who dated my ex brother in law and I didn't have anything with her too.

I never cheated on her but honestly sometimes I text a few girls, some are coworkers, some are girls I hooked up with in the past, some are just friends, even my ex wife. But what if she texts other guys too? I'm not a saint but she isn't too. I know I'm wrong doing this and after what happened last saturday I stopped talking with them and deleted some texts, and I'm starting to think about "What if the reason I am too paranoid and suspicious and have trust issues is because Am I trustworthy?" Because this is exactly what my girlfriend said to me when she found out about the texts. I'm feeling like the worst person in the universe, seriously!

What I thought weird is she was jealous but after we talked and I told her everything about these two girls she was ok, she just said "Ok, I get it!" We even had sex in the same day, and again the other day. Is this weird? Sometimes I think I wanted that she would feel jealous but this is because if this happened with me my reaction of course I would freak out. I want to be open with her, I'm even thinking about give her my phone password, and show her all my conversations with girls on instagram/facebook and other texts and explain everything (of course I will delete some texts first), but how should I approach this? In other words I need your advice so she can feel safe with me and trust me. Our relationship has enough issues because of my insecurities but after I've started therapy things are getting better, thanks God. What you think I should do so she can feel safe with me?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 11:44 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
You should address this in therapy.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:48 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You should address this in therapy.
/Thread.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:53 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
Texting is not like you are having sex. It's not who you are texting, it's what the content is. If the content is benign then just forget it. It sounds like she's already okay with that. Move on.

No, don't give your password to your lover. And don't share all that extra stuff. Sooner or later something that looks bad even if it isn't really bad will come up. There is no reason to volunteer extra stuff. The way you stated this makes you sound needy, and insecure like you said. This looks bad to almost everybody if their own problems don't blind them to it.

As already said, address your insecurity problems with your therapist.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:06 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
What I would do, is give her the password and leave your phone out in the open so she can regain your trust.That's if you're serious about this relatioship? By your actions, it doesn't seem you are.

Trust isn't given once you've earned it; its an ongoing process in a relationship. Dont do things to question that trust i.e. texting multiple women on social media, ex lovers, etc. Thats just stupid, imo.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:18 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
I don't see anything wrong with keeping in touch with other women if you aren't trying to date them on the sly. As long as you are friends but not with benefits!

Doesn't she keep up with a few other guys on SM?

If she's terribly insecure, text them when she's around so she can see that it's just a way of communication, to keep in touch or see how someone is doing...

Old 07-24-2018, 12:41 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Is this the golddigger?

Old 07-24-2018, 12:43 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
I never cheated on her but honestly sometimes I text a few girls, some are coworkers, some are girls I hooked up with in the past, some are just friends, even my ex wife. But what if she texts other guys too? I'm not a saint but she isn't too. I know I'm wrong doing this and after what happened last saturday I stopped talking with them and deleted some texts, and I'm starting to think about "What if the reason I am too paranoid and suspicious and have trust issues is because Am I trustworthy?" Because this is exactly what my girlfriend said to me when she found out about the texts. I'm feeling like the worst person in the universe, seriously!
Well, are you trustworthy? Is there anything in those text conversations that you wouldn't want your girlfriend to know about?

Old 07-24-2018, 12:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Talk to your therapist about increasing emotional intimacy and trust within your relationships.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:47 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Why would you say "behind her back"? Those are YOUR words. In your mind, you are doing something secretive and sneaky.

Now you need to ask yourself why you feel it's wrong, and also why you keep doing it.

Do you like being a "bad little boy"? Is this how you got attention from your mother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships