Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:37 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,066 times

Advertisements

Anyone had any experience with dating younger men? I'd like to get some opinions, ie rants or praise lol......men give your thoughts as well.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 12:54 PM

280 posts, read 1,222,031 times
Thumbs down My experience

I dated someone 2yrs ago that was 7yrs younger then me, but I didn't think about age often, except for sex we were always partying - we were kind of on the same page of hanging out, but he didn't have his priorities straight (job, etc, definitely not looking for a bum). After 7mths I was done with that, I didn't want him to think there was more to it then it was, I was bored, and I wasn't looking for anything serious, I just got out of a 12yr relationship. Anyway, I guess things would be different under someone else's circumstances.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:15 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
My boyfriend is much younger than me. I'm 49 years old and he's 26. We've been together five years and still going strong. We were platonic best friends first with many common interests. Once we became a couple, he moved in with me. I find him to be just as mature as the men my own age in most respects. He left the party phase behind in college. I don't consider myself a cougar. When we first met, I wasn't interested in dating anyone, let alone a guy in his twenties. Out of all the men in my life, I find him to be the smartest and most intellectual man that I have ever dated. He also prefers to listen to the same kind of music I like, groups from the 80's and 90's. He also enjoys classical music. Many of his friends listen to trance, emo and rap music and it's not for him.

He is attracted to me by my brain and my old fashioned morals. He finds most women his age silly, shallow and not interested in using their commonsense or brains.

If we were to breakup, I doubt that I would date another 20 year old, my boyfriend is really a unique and special guy. If he were 60 years old, I would still love him as it's all about his inner qualities that attract me to him. I am not at all physically or mentally attracted to any of his friends that are in his age group.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:18 PM

85 posts, read 334,436 times
I've gone on a few dates had relationship here and there with men a quite younger than myself. Its an OK experience depending on just how much younger and maturity level of the individual. My preference is for men closer to my own age.

Not too long ago, I was dating someone about ten years my jr. it was a problem for me because I'm burdened with disabilities (ones mostly undetectable to the eye), and I just couldn't keep up with him and he wasn't always understanding of that. Sometimes I just couldn't participate in many of the activities he wished to get involved in. It was and is just as bothersome to me as it was to him. It became a nuisance hearing what are the doctors saying, when you've explained you're conditions is pretty much permanent .

Since I still seem to have young persuers, I think possibly if I didn't have certain medical limitations, I might just be out there corrupting many a youngin. Well, very, very much, over legal age of course.

But seriously, I think as far as dating younger men it depends on the people involved and their similar values and expectations out of the situation. I could spin off many good and bad things, but I might end my run on here.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM

16 posts, read 55,697 times
Age is just a number! ( agree with the within legal age though!!!)People mature differently based on their life experiences. I am 39 and was married for 10+ years to an older man (who to this day still acts like he is 18). We divorced 5 years ago and I have dated two men since, one a year younger, who was kinda confused about life. 2 years ago, I met someone, by chance, he is almost 12 years younger than me. We have a a great time together on all levels. Age should not be a factor, its about how you get along with eachother and maturity...age has nothing to do with that!

Old 03-31-2008, 01:49 PM

22,165 posts, read 19,217,049 times
i've always dated folks older than myself. The one time i did foray into the "younger" category it just felt.....strange. However my cousin, a man, ONLY dated OLDER women and he was quite sought after. He finally ended up marrying someone who was older than his mother (literally, his real mother was furious) when he was about 32. She was a retired woman with boatloads of money and owned her own airplane and they are both quite happy.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:54 PM

19 posts, read 56,626 times
Never dated anyone younger. My husband is older..

Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,277 times
My thoughts are that I wish more women were at least open to the idea.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Hold on! When we get old enough we will! It seems in many cases you need to be also rich, though... Unless the Powerball cooperates, I don't see it in my future.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
I hope that you are interested in older women as long term relationship material, and not that you'd like to date an older woman casually and briefly for kicks.

I think that more older women would be keen on this relationship combination, but the problem is that our society is very harsh on how women age. Young women are considered the pinnacle of female beauty and sexiness. It is scary for an older woman to fall in love with a younger man. And right away, there are worries about being discarded for a younger woman once their wrinkles and grey hairs appear. If you want to date someone older than you, you need to connect on more than a physical level. And because my boyfriend and I have bonded on so many other levels, we are not afraid to grow old together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships