Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:35 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
avoid people. how is one supposed to 'change', if people only tell them how great they are? and how are they not supposed to think that people suck, and they must have just all been *******s, if no one has the decency and maturity to be honest and not get into a relationship if they don't have the balls to end it properly.

You need to change you. It has nothing to do with other people. And you're going to need profession help it seems.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:35 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Bikegirl, do you tend to have other interpersonal problems in your daily life? With coworkers? Family? Friends? I suspect your prickly, judgy, mistrustful attitude follows you everywhere.
WAsn't she the one who didn't work or did some minor freelancing at home, living with her dad and not having a car or am I mistaken? Early-Mid 30s?

Old 07-27-2018, 09:37 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,513,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica32 View Post
Okay we get that "normally I don't do this", but you did this time and it's creepy. Maybe, just maybe, he was done talking and just want to hang online quietly? I am sorry to say this but this is why men run..he's a free agent and a grown man so if he wants to be online let him.

I think honestly you have gotten some good advice here. You really need to chill.
yeah...well every other time I'm the "nice" one, that people say is so great...so obviously that wasn't the problem then, so being the "nice" one just seems to get you screwed, so I figure they must like crappy people...but obviously that doesn't work either, so...

Old 07-27-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You need to change you. It has nothing to do with other people. And you're going to need profession help it seems.
and how am I supposed to know what I'm supposed to 'change', if people only tell you how great you are...and what am I supposed to tell the shrink...well people say I'm so great and all this stuff, but I'm still single, so...

Old 07-27-2018, 09:44 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
and how am I supposed to know what I'm supposed to 'change', if people only tell you how great you are...and what am I supposed to tell the shrink...well people say I'm so great and all this stuff, but I'm still single, so...
Who tells you that you are so great? Guys who want to sleep with you?

Here are just a few reasons you are single: You do not have a car. You do not have a job. You live with your dad. Somewhere previously you said you do not shower much. You are overreacting and acting out.

About the shrink - tell him about that guy and your reaction.

Last edited by oh-eve; 07-27-2018 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: ..

Old 07-27-2018, 09:44 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
yeah...well every other time I'm the "nice" one, that people say is so great...so obviously that wasn't the problem then, so being the "nice" one just seems to get you screwed, so I figure they must like crappy people...but obviously that doesn't work either, so...
Professional guidance can help you put this into perspective.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Who tells you that you are so great? Guys who want to sleep with you?

Here are just a few reasons you are single: You do not have a car. You do not have a job. You live with your dad. Somewhere previously you said you do not shower much. You are overreacting and acting out.

About the shrink - tell him about that guy and your reaction.
guys that I was dating - and it wasn't until afterwards. and they knew all that from the beginning, so why would they want to date someone, or tell them they're so great, if they had an issue? (and obviously I do shower if I"m seeing someone...why would someone want to date me, or say how great I am, if I stunk?)

and if it is just guys who want that, then why would this guy be any different?

Old 07-27-2018, 09:54 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:

It's not about other people. It's not about dating. It's about treating you and your depression.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's not about other people. It's not about dating. It's about treating you and your depression.
depression, over a lack of decent people that you can actually trust, rely on, and believe? ok.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:02 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,014,750 times
Quote:
well, so that night, as usual, he said "talk to you tomorrow " but then he didn't, until 2 days later (and I saw that he was online a couple times) so I thought that he must have just been annoyed, and didn't like me calling him out, and just disappeared, as people do these days. but then, he messages me the night before we were supposed to go out (even though we hadn't actually made concrete plans, or talked about it since, or say he got tickets or anything), and of course I was annoyed, since it was 2 days, and now just supposed to be available, when I was wondering for 2 days? well I didn't look, so he sends me another message, and I still don't respond, so he sends me another one, so I finally get on to look, and he says, "are we still on for tomorrow?" uh, what? I was just like "I don't think so..." and he was like "why not "

Good God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships