Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 05:17 AM

264 posts, read 190,962 times

Advertisements

I’ve always liked men,relationships with men but a year or so ago I was introduced to a woman who was friends with my friend.
She is gay.
She is so quirky and fun and the 3 of us had a night out together.
We had fun and she added me on Facebook and Snapchat.
The 3 of us went away for a weekend and I just felt something,eye contact and a bit flirty.
She was saying she never thought she would meet anyone and took an interest in my life and asking questions.
At one point she started to dance with me and my friend said no.
She then invited me to her sisters party and I caught her looking at my chest.
She was going to a festival and I mentioned I fancied it too,she sent me some texts saying I should go and she was going and it would be fun.
The next time we met there were smiles and I could just feel something (if that makes sense)
We were in our hotel room (the 3 of us ) and we just chatted,she was asking what type of things I enjoyed and it seemed like she was interested.
As far as she’s concearned I’m straight and I’ve mentioned men I’m dating /like in front of her...in a way to try and cover up the fact I like her.
Could the feeling be mutual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 05:51 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Sounds like it.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:29 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
How would anyone here know????

Old 08-01-2018, 07:04 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
yes

Old 08-01-2018, 07:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
What was that classic movie... Chasing Amy? You might like that.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:01 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
She is testing waters. Are you interested in a gay relationship with her or just curious?
Maybe she wants you to be just a buddy.
You need to ask her...

Old 08-01-2018, 02:37 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Go ahead and explore and enjoy. I've had many gay friends and they were great fun, nice people. I'm glad I didn't miss the opportunity to have gay friends. They have been bashed to a degree and I believe that as a result they are more accepting of difference, not as bothered by it as the general population.

Some people may see some stigma in being gay but I don't. I'm hetero and my gay friends mostly knew this, none ever made any advances on me. (We did go to the largest gay night spot in L.A. and I was asked to dance by strangers. I politely declined, no problem.)

Perhaps there is a facet of your personality you may wish to explore. As long as you don't do anything you don't like you'll be fine. I'm more cosmopolitan than most people but I don't see that if you had a lesbian experience in your path why that would be any problem with future relationships, except maybe for very judgemental men, and you won't want them anyway.

It's interesting that I've been wondering if lesbianism is trending. I often watch music videos on VEVO (streaming channel) and I've been enjoying the their Top Pop playlist lately. There are several very enjoyable (to me) videos depicting lesbian love: Halsey in "Strangers," Rita Ora in "Girls," Cardi B kisses J-Lo in "Dinero," Hayley Kiyoko in "What I Need," and the list goes on.

Like I said I'm cosmopolitan, I've seen a lot. I'm not bothered at all seeing women kiss even in a sexual manner. Maybe you are just bi-curious in which case you'll probably make some great friends, and particularly if you decide you are not interested and let them know. I suspect they'll still like you even if you are devoutly hetero.

Or maybe you'll like it. I see no harm in that. I think of homophobia as being so 20th century.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:40 PM

264 posts, read 190,962 times
I do really like her and can’t get her out of my head.
I just don’t have a clue if she would be interested.
I don’t want to make a fool of myself

Old 08-01-2018, 03:56 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyanne29 View Post
I do really like her and can’t get her out of my head.
I just don’t have a clue if she would be interested.
I don’t want to make a fool of myself
You won't make a fool of yourself. Just be yourself and have a good time. Presuming she's interested, she's also experienced and you are not. Just have fun and let her make the first move.

Maybe you called it wrong and you just found some new friends. Go have a good time and don't give it any more thought.

Just keep doing what you're doing, act normal. Be prepared if she makes a move and be mature in how you handle it if it happens.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:38 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyanne29 View Post
I’ve always liked men,relationships with men but a year or so ago I was introduced to a woman who was friends with my friend.
She is gay.
She is so quirky and fun and the 3 of us had a night out together.
We had fun and she added me on Facebook and Snapchat.
The 3 of us went away for a weekend and I just felt something,eye contact and a bit flirty.
She was saying she never thought she would meet anyone and took an interest in my life and asking questions.
At one point she started to dance with me and my friend said no.
She then invited me to her sisters party and I caught her looking at my chest.
She was going to a festival and I mentioned I fancied it too,she sent me some texts saying I should go and she was going and it would be fun.
The next time we met there were smiles and I could just feel something (if that makes sense)
We were in our hotel room (the 3 of us ) and we just chatted,she was asking what type of things I enjoyed and it seemed like she was interested.
As far as she’s concearned I’m straight and I’ve mentioned men I’m dating /like in front of her...in a way to try and cover up the fact I like her.
Could the feeling be mutual?
Just so you know, some gay women love the challenge of seducing straight women. They get off on the challenge. I guess it feeds thier ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships