Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 10:17 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times

Advertisements

Exactly four years ago today, my marriage ended when my wife left to go back to her home state. Our marriage was barely one - we'd become just two people cohabiting. But when she left I was very hurt, not so much by her leaving but the way she left: while I was two hours away at a venue she texted me and said that she'd left and went back home.

I was hurting pretty fierce for a time, but a few friends and family rallied around me and I soon recuperated. Within a few months I began dating and meeting people.

I barely speak to my ex-wife now. But she's happy back home, and I got my freedom back. In the four years since, my philosophy is that as one door closed, at least half dozen doors have opened. Do I miss her? No. Not anymore. I've had a few relationships since - I'm in one currently - but I'm not looking to get married again. I've also had some help from some of you C-D peeps with sound advice. So to you, I say: Thanks. I've never met you, but I love you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 11:10 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
This is good to hear. My wife of 21 years left me for another guy early last year. She had been talking to him and seeing him for who knows how long before that.

She also took most of my stuff and ruined me financially.

I was hurt for a while, confused...figured no Woman would ever look at me romantically again, and was fairly happily resigned to being alone. Plus I was finding myself feeling free. My ex could be quite difficult.

Then I met the love of my life. All my love and joy and peace are magnified beyond what I knew was possible.

My ex and the man she left me for split up last Christmas. As I say, she is difficult but I do sincerely wish her well and have no ill feelings for her.

Strange how things work out sometimes.

I wish you always the best of luck and happiness.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:24 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times
ItsRick24, I am new to the forum, but I just wanted to respond in support of you. I understand how difficult and painful that can be. I hope you continue to thrive and find peace in your life.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:43 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Well I want to get married again.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:11 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
This is good to hear. My wife of 21 years left me for another guy early last year. She had been talking to him and seeing him for who knows how long before that.

She also took most of my stuff and ruined me financially.

I was hurt for a while, confused...figured no Woman would ever look at me romantically again, and was fairly happily resigned to being alone. Plus I was finding myself feeling free. My ex could be quite difficult.

Then I met the love of my life. All my love and joy and peace are magnified beyond what I knew was possible.

My ex and the man she left me for split up last Christmas. As I say, she is difficult but I do sincerely wish her well and have no ill feelings for her.

Strange how things work out sometimes.

I wish you always the best of luck and happiness.
Thanks. I guess I was lucky. She left on a Saturday morning. The following Monday I was at the courthouse filing papers. Officially divorced in October.

I kept everything. When I spoke with a lawyer I knew, he said that she was entitled to nothing. Marriage terminated citing Irreconcilable differences - but if she were to sue, I could argue "Desertion and abandonment", as she is now residing and working in another state.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:44 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,342,412 times
Great attitude OP!

Old 08-02-2018, 05:47 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
I wasn't part, but I'm glad CDr was able to help.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:51 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,837 times
You're winning, sir.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
I am so glad you're in a happy place now! Enjoy it!

Old 08-03-2018, 12:11 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Exactly four years ago today, my marriage ended when my wife left to go back to her home state. Our marriage was barely one - we'd become just two people cohabiting. But when she left I was very hurt, not so much by her leaving but the way she left: while I was two hours away at a venue she texted me and said that she'd left and went back home.

I was hurting pretty fierce for a time, but a few friends and family rallied around me and I soon recuperated. Within a few months I began dating and meeting people.

I barely speak to my ex-wife now. But she's happy back home, and I got my freedom back. In the four years since, my philosophy is that as one door closed, at least half dozen doors have opened. Do I miss her? No. Not anymore. I've had a few relationships since - I'm in one currently - but I'm not looking to get married again. I've also had some help from some of you C-D peeps with sound advice. So to you, I say: Thanks. I've never met you, but I love you!
Good to hear you're moving on. That's a good sign. Sorry about the way she left. I have/had a BIL that got kicked to the curb in probably one of the harshest ways ever. I'd like to smack the taste out of that fat B's mouth for the way she did it, but whatever. Everyone in the family could see why they would have split, but again, not having any class about it just burned me and everyone else in the family.

Keep it classy man. People deserve basic respect, especially if things weren't violent or anything on that order.

Yeah, sometimes there are legit threads here and legit situations and it's good to hear that maybe some bit of wisdom that was dropped here by someone might have helped another person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships