Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 04:20 PM

17 posts, read 6,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I don't believe that foreign men view women as their equal or counterpart in any way.

I hate to stereotypically lump every foreign male into what I just said, but yeah. I don't think I would be overtly excited to find out my best friend had set me up on a blind date with a recent immigrant.

I could be totally off base with the feeling I just expressed, but from what I have witnessed on a daily basis - its the conclusion I've come to.

It's a shame too, because I love foreign accents for the most part.
Except that there are lots of foreign men who have grown in the US and share your similar beliefs and not those that their parents might have come from. However, if you have already decided to stereotype them(dont' worry it's not just you, it's the vast majority of American young women who do that) then there's no point in discussing this. Also, not everyone is talking here about recent immigrants. I for example have lived in the US for over 17 years since I was 18 years old and watch football, baseball, play the guitar etc in short a lot of things you would expect from someone that grew up here.

Then why don't women like me? It's simple, I just don't have the skin color that you expect someone like me to have. A lot of my White male friends often joke to me that I would have been a White guy if only I were less tanned but hey that's the skin I was born with. I just find it laughable that people try to justify reasons for their prejudice just because they can't get past someone's skin color. I am not saying that you don't have the right to discriminate against someone based on his race/skin color but please don't try to validate your reason for discrimination. It's okay to discriminate, just accept it.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:23 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Huh, I have two white lady friends who are dating Desi dudes. Whatever.

But, the sage advice is always to put one's energy into things you can control, and let go of things you can't. It's just wasted energy.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:23 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianguync View Post
Except that there are lots of foreign men who have grown in the US and share your similar beliefs and not those that their parents might have come from. However, if you have already decided to stereotype them(dont' worry it's not just you, it's the vast majority of American young women who do that) then there's no point in discussing this. Also, not everyone is talking here about recent immigrants. I for example have lived in the US for over 17 years since I was 18 years old and watch football, baseball, play the guitar etc in short a lot of things you would expect from someone that grew up here.

Then why don't women like me? It's simple, I just don't have the skin color that you expect someone like me to have. A lot of my White male friends often joke to me that I would have been a White guy if only I were less tanned but hey that's the skin I was born with. I just find it laughable that people try to justify reasons for their prejudice just because they can't get past someone's skin color. I am not saying that you don't have the right to discriminate against someone based on his race/skin color but please don't try to validate your reason for discrimination. It's okay to discriminate, just accept it.
I guess you are not going to see the difference between discrimination and preference, are you???

They are not the same thing.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I guess you are not going to see the difference between discrimination and preference, are you???

They are not the same thing.

When your "preference" involves slotting a whole ethnicity of men as "undesirable", it is indeed discrimination. I am not saying you don't have the right to discriminate, but I have a right to point it out and call it what it is as well.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Huh, I have two white lady friends who are dating Desi dudes. Whatever.

But, the sage advice is always to put one's energy into things you can control, and let go of things you can't. It's just wasted energy.
Are you desi? Asking because it's mostly used among Indian people. But I guess it's more popular among non Indians too now a days.

I am not trying to focus my energy on changing things I can't control for example I won't be able to change my race or ethnicity, and I am not here trying to convince people to not discriminate me based on that. It's just that it's funny they would write me off based on my ethnicity, inspite of me being successful in every other way and being a very good conversationalist and social among people. But it is what it is, it's their loss.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:28 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:
Who's complaining, did I ask any American women to come out on a date with me? I don't do that since I know they wouldn't want to be seen out in public with someone like me. I am not complaining I am merely re-iterating what it is. People are doing to date what they want to date, and often times it's based on racist assumptions and racially charged ideas. That's true.
Nonsense. American women will date Asians. Its just not the American women you want to date. Probably because she's overweight, too ugly, has one leg, too many kids, name your excuse.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:31 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,381 times
Quote:

Well, to a degree, when it comes to loving someone, everyone discriminates. Lets say you find a green eyed red headed pale skinned woman to be the most beautiful female you could ever imagine seducing, then you discriminate against every other combination out there because that is your mark.

I don't agree with your tanned assessment.

I look very vanilla Irish, and my mate was an olive skinned Irish Italian mix. All he needed was one hour on a beach and his skin would become very very dark tanned. I would become very very red. Sometimes opposites attract.

Why don't women like you? Probably because of my previously mentioned chauvinism. American women are not raised to feel that the man is the boss.

If it makes you feel better to believe that its your skin color, okay fine, but have you had someone analyze your personality?

Old 08-03-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Nonsense. American women will date Asians. Its just not the American women you want to date. Probably because she's overweight, too ugly, has one leg, too many kids, name your excuse.
As a single man that has no kids, I don't date single moms. Nothing against them, it's just that I wouldn't want to bring up someone else's children. I would rather have my own, I don't think it's an unreasonable preference. I have no criminal record, a place of my own, a very good education and career path, so it's only reasonable to me to expect having someone that doesn't have any kids of her own from previous marriages.

Call me what you will, but neither do my White American friends date them either. Except that they have a higher pool of women to choose from simply because they are White.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Well, to a degree, when it comes to loving someone, everyone discriminates. Lets say you find a green eyed red headed pale skinned woman to be the most beautiful female you could ever imagine seducing, then you discriminate against every other combination out there because that is your mark.

I look very vanilla Irish, and my mate was an olive skinned Irish Italian mix. All he needed was one hour on a beach and his skin would become very very dark tanned. I would become very very red. Sometimes opposites attract.

Why don't women like you? Probably because of my previously mentioned chauvinism. American women are not raised to feel that the man is the boss.

If it makes you feel better to believe that its your skin color, okay fine, but have you had someone analyze your personality?
Simple truth is because I am not White and tall, which is what most of the younger American women want to be seen out with. As a slightly less than average(5'7") guy and Indian(visibly so) it doesn't help even if I happen to look like Naveen Andrews(which is what a lot of my friends say I look like). Happy with the answer? It's not the personality, looks are 90% of the dating game atleast initially. When you can't even get the foot in the door and get the door slammed on your face due to your looks and race.

Plus you are making mighty big assumptions about some "chauvinism" that doesn't even exist within me, you are perhaps making that because I told you I am not White. Guess what, a lot of my White male friends are greater chauvinists and the kind of language they use towards women they have sex with, I can't even speak. However they still pull their share of Mod cut. just because of them being White. So don't assume things you have no clue about.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-03-2018 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:

It's not about "feel", it's about "knowing" so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships