Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 08:33 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I just figured women want to have sex for the same reason men do; because it feels good. I don't necessarily read a whole lot more into it than that, especially when it's someone I barely know.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe you undermined your whole OP and concept in this one statement.

You want to complain yet be validated at the same time. Does not work that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 08:34 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
I just figured women want to have sex for the same reason men do; because it feels good. I don't necessarily read a whole lot more into it than that, especially when it's someone I barely know.

To your question; if sex is stipulated upon the proposition that it will only be experienced between those who explicitly intend to be in a committed relationship, I would imagine that would really put a damper on this whole dating scene.
So what is the problem?

Old 08-06-2018, 08:39 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

Sarcasm does not look good on you.
Based on her previous threads, I don't think she was being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
RJ you're treatment of women is absolutely deplorable. I would voice the same if you were a woman and treated men like they were a thing whose only purpose and value was feeding your pleasure. No woman of value will accept the treatment you're dishing out.
This is a bit heavy-handed.

None of us has any idea how RJ treats women. We know how he thinks of women, as people, and how that colors his view of relationships, but his treatment of them could be (and must be) pretty typical and tolerable since women are willing to sleep with him and hang around him.

To say it's deplorable is just piling on.

He's not able to sustain relationships currently, and I think he knows that now.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
So what is the problem?
He wants to find his true pristine love, he objects to women having sex like dogs as not being fit for him, yet he wants to enjoy the immoral sex anyway because he can't find a woman who meet his high standards.

I hope I haven't confused two topics. This drama is difficult to track.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:03 PM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
He's not able to sustain relationships currently, and I think he knows that now.
But I haven't tried to sustain a relationship, not recently. I'm still in the dating phase. And for some reason, everyone has decided to characterize my recent dating behavior as abhorrent. Simply because the first 3 women I dated didn't work out. The whole purpose of this thread was to explore the dynamics of the modern dating scene in an effort to correct mistakes and figure out how to best achieve my ultimate goal.

I do appreciate those who have held me accountable for my mistakes, specifically my hypocrisy in regards to sex. I've never really experienced sex outside of the confines of a committed relationship, so it's rather new to me. But I know I don't like it as it feels rather empty. I much prefer to have that sort of experience with someone I have a true connection with. And I'd like to find someone who feels the same way.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
But I haven't tried to sustain a relationship, not recently. I'm still in the dating phase. And for some reason, everyone has decided to characterize my recent dating behavior as abhorrent. Simply because the first 3 women I dated didn't work out. The whole purpose of this thread was to explore the dynamics of the modern dating scene in an effort to correct mistakes and figure out how to best achieve my ultimate goal.

I do appreciate those who have held me accountable for my mistakes, specifically my hypocrisy in regards to sex. I've never really experienced sex outside of the confines of a committed relationship, so it's rather new to me. But I know I don't like it as it feels rather empty. I much prefer to have that sort of experience with someone I have a true connection with. And I'd like to find someone who feels the same way.
Lots of people feel that way.

Being successful in relationships (not just in “the dating phase”) is knowing yourself and what you want and being willing to stick with that standard even in the face of loneliness or uncertainty.

Right now though it reads like you have a mash-up of stunted ideas from your dad and from your previous experiences with your exes rolling around in your head that is affecting your ability to relate to others.

It’s really something you need to work through with a therapist. Otherwise, your personal life won’t be a source of fulfillment but just a series of painful experiments.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:30 PM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,413 times
Quote:
Right now though it reads like you have a mash-up of stunted ideas from your dad and from your previous experiences with your exes rolling around in your head that is affecting your ability to relate to others.
What stunted ideas?

Quote:
It’s really something you need to work through with a therapist. Otherwise, your personal life won’t be a source of fulfilling but just a series of experiments.
I've been through years of therapy. I'm pretty sure I've got that covered.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
What stunted ideas?

You’ve got 23 pages on this thread alone. I’m not gonna spell it out to you AGAIN.

Good luck RJ.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute. You married every single woman you ever dated? 100% success rate? Well it appears it DID work out, I mean how many men can brag that they got laid on every single date they ever had?

Quote:

Quote:

It’s really something you need to work through with a therapist. Otherwise, your personal life won’t be a source of fulfillment but just a series of painful experiments.
Well his personal life certainly suffices to make City-Data a bunch of advertising income from his page views. And entertainment for Relationship followers.

Quote:
I don't mean to be mean, but your therapy didn't work. If it had you wouldn't be posting topics like this one.

Quote:
You’ve got 23 pages on this thread alone. I’m not gonna spell it out to you AGAIN.
He can use his back button.

I agree with BB that we haven't accomplished much in 23 pages that couldn't have been covered in 2. The other 21 pages were over and over and over again.

I think you should either kick yourself off the island or come up with some new material RJ.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:56 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
I don't care. If an adult chooses to have sex, well, that's their choice. I'm not going to speculate on anything beyond that.

I never said to speculate. I asked if you practice informed consent.

Your unwillingness or inability to answer that indicates that you likely do not, and do not care to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships