Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2018, 04:48 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,623,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I feel so completely disconnected from anyone uder about 28 or so. The Gen z crowd maybe, I forget the exact age range, but whatever. Strange and frankly depressing ways of viewing the world. I wouldn't want to be a young person growing up and dating in today's world. No wonder why so many young guys just wanna tug it and play video games. Lol
I think you'd feel differently if you were a parent of this age group, and had a chance to see them and their friends growing up. This is their world, diverse and full of choices, and most are coping ok, even if we oldsters don't always perceive it.

Dudes who post their irregularities and dysfunctional outlooks here are such a tiny proportion of this age group, yet wildly overrepresented on the Internet (for obvious reasons).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 05:05 PM

51,932 posts, read 52,357,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think you'd feel differently if you were a parent of this age group, and had a chance to see them and their friends growing up. This is their world, diverse and full of choices, and most are coping ok, even if we oldsters don't always perceive it.

Dudes who post their irregularities and dysfunctional outlooks here are such a tiny proportion of this age group, yet wildly overrepresented on the Internet (for obvious reasons).
Yeah, squeaky wheel and all. In my last career/job I worked with a lot of people who were in their 20s and they seemed normal for the most part. I have to try and remember that.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:14 PM

24,330 posts, read 9,208,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I can say that, in my brief, recent dating experience it has truly become a "hook up" culture, even with people in my age range(mid 40s,) though the women I've dated recently have all been mid to late 30s. It took very little effort to get women to visit me without ever having met me in person and even less effort to get them into my bed(not that I was even trying.) But it's just seems that sex is a foregone conclusion at this point with practically anyone you meet.
I don't believe this to be the case at all. If you (or anyone else ) have no problem finding partners then why are you single?

It's very laughable when people claim that women or men are easy to find or sleep with yet they ironically can't even find just one to be with long term.

The truth is that many online matches will never turn into a single date. The statistics say a man has to responds to like 12 people just to get one response back.
Quote:
Any way here's an excerpt -which isn't directly related to my comments above- from this young lady's article. https://thoughtcatalog.com/melissa-m...in-the-throat/

Don’t like it? Too bad. It’s all a big game and if you don’t play by the rules then you lose, and if you lose you end up alone and drowning in a pile of your own insecurity, wondering what you did wrong."
This is true, it is one big stupid game. It's not a hookup culture though, it's a "picky and I will dismiss you over anything" culture.

Online dating gives many people the delusion they have an endless choice of potential desirable dating partners, they don't. Not even close. The vast majority of matches stop responding after a few messages, if they even decide to responses at all. That's why it's a stupid game.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:16 PM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 389,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It's very laughable when people claim that women or men are easy to find or sleep with yet they ironically can't even find just one to be with long term.
Anyone with a pulse can have sex but not everyone is capable of having a meaningful, long term relationship.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:44 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,881,667 times
Quote:
Anyone with a pulse can have sex but not everyone is capable of having a meaningful, long term relationship.
But you are? The person who managed to entirely misjudge not one but three women, all in the space of one week, then oops, accidentally managed to sleep with a couple of these completely undesirable (by your own standards) individuals?

Who is the common denominator here?

Old 08-05-2018, 07:52 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,018,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Who is the common denominator here?
I have my popcorn ready...

Old 08-05-2018, 08:05 PM

296 posts, read 262,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I have my popcorn ready...
Oh I'm here for this too.....

Old 08-05-2018, 08:25 PM

24,330 posts, read 9,208,979 times
Quote:
Yes, if you like to sleep with obese and hideous partners anyone can have sex. In reality, many people have a very specific preference to who they find attractive and want to sleep with.

I don’t know what promiscuous people you have met. But the ones I’ve met actually have preferences. Just because they slept with me doesn’t me they would’ve slept with you.

My point is that anyone who claims “I’ve had so much sex but can’t find any real partner” and can’t find real love, they’re clearly in the wrong instead of “all the other ones” being wrong.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:26 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,881,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica32 View Post
Oh I'm here for this too.....
No, I'm not baiting. If something keeps going wrong, given one person in the center but completely different varied individuals all being presented as some major problem, where does it make sense to look? How about inward? Common denominator. Really simple. That is true for anyone.

Meanwhile, clearly, most people here over the age of 22-ish don't seem to be having these issues. Yet the OP keeps posting about multiple issues that are really out of place for a middle-aged man. If the OP actually wants help and isn't just humblebragging and if he is logical, as he says, then this is the right place to start.

If not, then never mind.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:31 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,018,059 times
JerZ asked a poignant question. That's legitimate.

And I agree that this is a teener topic. 'Humblebragging,' heh!

The article the OP is based upon is a bait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships