Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 02:00 PM

212 posts, read 148,374 times

Advertisements

So last week when I was with my bf I thought a notice a notification from POF on his phone but I wasn’t sure. I left it for few days and I kept getting flashbacks.

So I decided to create online profile and I went on there it didn’t take me long to find him there online.

I started up conversation. He was very responsive.
I asked him about his last relationship .
He said he was single and looking for seriou relationship.

What shocked me the most apart from the obvious cheating is the fact he completed denied I existed.
He said he is last relationship was three months ago and the his ex movd to another city.

I asked him if he wanted to meet up for a drink .
He said sure.
He gave me his real name and real phone number.

I told him decided I wasn’t ready to meet him obviously I can’t.

He said best of luck.

So me I called him and asked if I meet up with him.
We met up.
I asked him if he was missing anything from our relationship. He said no and that
He was very happy in our relationship.

Then I asked him general question about cheating in happy good relationship.

He said some men sometimes just want more. The like having many options as possible.
And I think this is the Category he falls into.

I have contemplated confronting him so many times today. But each time I back down.

I love him to bits I just don’t what to do.

Is there anywhere I can’t confront him where I keep him but get him stop doing it.

Is there any hope for us.
I just don’t know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 02:03 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,438,277 times
I know "what to do" - dump him and get a better guy.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:08 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I think you know your answer. You love him to bits NOW. But every day from here on, you will know that he's a liar and a cheater. And every day, your relationship will deteriorate a little bit more and a little bit more.

I think you see the writing on the wall. IMO, you will save yourself a whole lot of grief if you break it off with him NOW, as opposed to later. If you continue to stay in a relationship with him, you'll become more and more neurotic and paranoid, and then you'll paint all men with the same brush you have painted your boyfriend in.

Just break up with him, and know in your heart you can do better.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:08 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,354,615 times
Why would you want to waste your time and life with a cheater. His deception makes it evident he has no respect for himself, your relationship or you. Why not find a guy who has integrity and stellar character? There are plenty of good guys with those qualities.

You are being lied to, used and emotionally abused. STDs too?

Old 08-06-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I think you know your answer. You love him to bits NOW. But every day from here on, you will know that he's a liar and a cheater. And every day, your relationship will deteriorate a little bit more and a little bit more.

I think you see the writing on the wall. IMO, you will save yourself a whole lot of grief if you break it off with him NOW, as opposed to later. If you continue to stay in a relationship with him, you'll become more and more neurotic and paranoid, and then you'll paint all men with the same brush you have painted your boyfriend in.

Just break up with him, and know in your heart you can do better.

Oh my God the paranoia is already kicking in.

He just asked to see me; for us to meet last min had been the norma.
I do it all the time after work if I am feeling to see him and so does he.

Now he had messaged me “I am feeling to see you, are you free†so I am thinking why, did he got stood up, is he using me because someone stood him up or is he using for ego boost because he didn’t get the girl he wantedâ€

I am having all these negative thoughts about him. I don’t think I can have healthy relationship with him anymore.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:17 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma25 View Post
So last week when I was with my bf I thought a notice a notification from POF on his phone but I wasn’t sure. I left it for few days and I kept getting flashbacks.

So I decided to create online profile and I went on there it didn’t take me long to find him there online.

What shocked me the most apart from the obvious cheating is the fact he completed denied I existed.
He said he is last relationship was three months ago and the his ex movd to another city.

He said sure.

He said best of luck.

So me I called him and asked if I meet up with him.
We met up.
I asked him if he was missing anything from our relationship. He said no and that
He was very happy in our relationship.

Then I asked him general question about cheating in happy good relationship.

He said some men sometimes just want more. The like having many options as possible.
And I think this is the Category he falls into.

I have contemplated confronting him so many times today. But each time I back down.

I love him to bits I just don’t what to do.

Is there anywhere I can’t confront him where I keep him but get him stop doing it.

Seriously? How can you not know what to do???

I would have scheduled a meet-up as the fake girl and watched him turn pale when I walked in.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:18 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Sorry....he's not really your boyfriend and certainly isn't bf material. Make up your mind and dump him - he's an out and out liar.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:26 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,190,905 times
Gemma25 --

Hi Gemma --

It sounds like this gentleman is playing the field and is not interested in settling down into a monogamous relationship. The word "boyfriend" is typically used when two people are dating exclusively.

Probably now is the time to cut your losses and move on. If friends or relatives ask you why you are no longer dating, just tell them. You will find someone else.

Good luck to you!

Old 08-06-2018, 02:29 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma25 View Post

He said sure.

He said best of luck.

I would have told him through POF to meet. Show up with with stuff, throw it on to his feet and leave.

What a scum bag. Sorry you have to go through this.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:40 PM

Thanks guy,

I just care about him so much.
There is so much I could do hurt or expose him
But I don’t want to do that to him or anyone else for that matter .
I can’t tell him I tricked him online that will humiliate so much and I don’t that on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships