Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 11:27 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times

Advertisements

All three work together. That's what I mean about the huge disaster potential.

Worst case, we see it on TV. We know nothing about hubby's temperament except that he makes workplace threats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 11:50 AM

52,257 posts, read 52,668,250 times
This sounds like the potential for some horrific headlines on the 5pm local news.

Yeah, not sure if this "extremely good in the sack" guy is worth it, if it is, you had better keep it a secret, for some reason the STBX has some issue with him.

Of course we all know these kinds of secrets don't stay secret very long.......

Old 08-08-2018, 12:00 PM

596 posts, read 889,779 times
I'm sure both of you Hounds are right. I'm focusing on finding a job elsewhere. And no, I'm not on my work computer.

I do think my STBX was just trying to be a tough guy. He is one of the most passive people I've ever met. But just in case, it's not worth it to stay there.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoBankerGirl View Post
I'm sure both of you Hounds are right. I'm focusing on finding a job elsewhere. And no, I'm not on my work computer.

I do think my STBX was just trying to be a tough guy. He is one of the most passive people I've ever met. But just in case, it's not worth it to stay there.
A lot of people are all talk and no go.

Get busy job hunting. If Ruth is right about your job market get it done quickly.

It's such a beautiful solution. All the conflicts go away in an instant. From then on you have two separate relationships with no interaction as long as you don't discuss new flame with STBX.

It will eventually come out, just be away from ground zero when it happens. Once you are at another job your previous HR department is out of the picture for you. They can't do anything after the fact, after you're gone. (Except be glad.)

This workplace stuff is a type of "third rail" for employers. You can be sure if they catch wind they'll do something in only 1-2 days, and their best tool is termination. Also, guessing both your men have more senior positions, you are the easiest to lose looking at it from a corporate perspective.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:14 PM

973 posts, read 915,165 times
Sounds like the plot to some lecherous romance novel

Old 08-08-2018, 12:21 PM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:

How can you go from stating you are afraid he will harm himself or you if you ask for a divorce to saying he's one of the most passive people you've ever met?

"But just in case", you need to alert HR to the threat. Even if you leave, your STBX and BF will still be in the same workplace. You leaving your job will not diffuse the situation. They will still work together.

At the very least, you have warned your BF about the threat.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
"But just in case", you need to alert HR to the threat.
That would be in effect turning in resignation notice, because OP will probably get terminated. She can't report what STBX said without giving the 'why.'

Old 08-08-2018, 12:26 PM

52,257 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:

He may be a passive mellow guy, but affairs of the heart pull the crazy out of people, lots of normal people have gone to prison for losing their cool and doing irrational things

Just sayin....

Old 08-08-2018, 01:05 PM

569 posts, read 440,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
That would be in effect turning in resignation notice, because OP will probably get terminated. She can't report what STBX said without giving the 'why.'
Depends on workplace policy and whether one is a direct report to the other.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
The hardest part to explain is this: Even if I lose my reputation at work, or my job or even if it doesn't work out with him - it will still have been worth it. I could still look back and remember that brief period in my life, the only time, when I was totally and completely happy.
As someone who has been there, don't be so sure. You are on a "pink cloud" and not approaching life with clear eyes right now. You are being fueled by dopamine. You're like a drunk on a bender.

I look back on the year following my separation/divorce with a lot of regrets (how I interacted with my ex, my kids, my flings) although at the time it felt great and right. I sobered up after awhile and now just feel a bit embarrassed about it all. I was definitely not myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships