Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 01:49 PM

880 posts, read 531,268 times

Advertisements

I'm either considered an old millennial or a baby X'er. But i Still have my exes on fb, no there's no feelings, yes i still occasionally stalk them, I'm not ashamed, some of them are train wrecks i can vicariously live through them as i plod along with my average life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 02:48 PM

55 posts, read 45,734 times
Nope.

But then again, I don't have social media anymore. Got rid of my facebook 5 years ago.

However, when I was on facebook I did not have them as friends on my facebook or any other social media.

Most of my break-ups have been amicable, but we broke up for a reason and none of them were the case of "oh we'd be better as friends."

There was one girl like that but by then I already didn't have any social media so it was irrelevant.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:26 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Did you miss the part about the load of mutual friends?
No
I just don't see how it's relevant.

Quote:
If I unfriend her, it don’t look good to them and it will make it seem like I just discarded her,

I don't get it
Especially since most people seem to think that remaining in contact with your exes is bad.

Quote:
especially since most of our mutual friends are women.
I don't understand why you think that's important.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:43 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Nope.

She blocked me on Facebook, then tried to add me back a few days later, which I denied her of. I wouldn't mind being Facebook friends with her, but I don't wanna have to see her pop up in my feed with her new guy every day. At least not right now. Wounds are still too fresh. Maybe we can add each other back in the future and be civil, but I don't wanna be her friend or hang out with her or really talk to her at all.

My first long term girlfriend, I would love to be friends with her on Facebook, but she doesn't use it. I'd love to have more of a relationship with her, but it doesn't seem like she wants to. It's understandable and no hard feelings there.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:26 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
We have kids together. It's generally how we communicate. But I don't, like, follow him.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:33 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Aren't your posts opinions, too?
I say useless and creepy because sometimes people use it as a little connection to keep somebody in their life when maybe they should be moving on. I'm just talking about my own observations.
I've run into an ex years later only to have him slip something into the conversation that made me think he was keeping tabs on me, and it felt kind of creepy, my opinion. If you want to know how I'm doing-- reach out
or communicate.
In agree wholeheartedly. My experience as well.

Unless the relationship was uniquely special in some way there's no upside in my view.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:42 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Nope.

She blocked me on Facebook, then tried to add me back a few days later, which I denied her of. I wouldn't mind being Facebook friends with her, but I don't wanna have to see her pop up in my feed with her new guy every day. At least not right now. Wounds are still too fresh. Maybe we can add each other back in the future and be civil, but I don't wanna be her friend or hang out with her or really talk to her at all.

Ah man, I'm sorry it didn't work out. You can friend and unfollow. I do that a fair amount, but I hear you.

I don't know many people that post things about love interests though. It has been years since I've been tagged or tagged others like that. Most people I know keep their romantic relationships off FB.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:56 AM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ah man, I'm sorry it didn't work out. You can friend and unfollow. I do that a fair amount, but I hear you.

I don't know many people that post things about love interests though. It has been years since I've been tagged or tagged others like that. Most people I know keep their romantic relationships off FB.
That's what I was thinking, too. I know a few people who post about their relationships, but I don't, and my exes don't, so that "seeing them with new people" thing hasn't been an issue.

With the one guy I still occasionally kinda-sorta miss, I know if he were posting pics of himself with women, I'd have unfriended and blocked him a while back. But I can admit, it's plain and simple because I wasn't ready for that to be over when he was, and I felt salty about it. Seeing him with new women...I'd probably be making comparisons and feeling all whiny and nobody needs that.

Now if my ex husband had been doing that sort of thing, I'd have been very about it, I'd be thinking "Great, I hope you two are a better match than we were, maybe now you can quit obsessively post-mortem dissecting our marriage and divorce, and move the heck on already." Unfortunately instead he tended to post constant gun-nut and conspiracy crap which is SO not my thing...which is why I finally unfriended and blocked him.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 AM

651 posts, read 407,574 times
I no longer do. I might randomly click on her instagram maybe once a month since its public, but thats it. No facebook or twitter...

Old 08-09-2018, 06:34 PM

728 posts, read 471,854 times
I had one follow me for a while until she found out I was liking her sister's pics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships