Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 09:48 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, all of these are very common on OLD.
You'd be surprised!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 09:51 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
Half naked pics.
Bathroom selfies - oh, that was discussed wasn't it?
Group pics of you and 20 other people.
Animals, pets.
The "My kids come first" emphasis or "Don't message me if you're not (whatever)"

Old 08-09-2018, 11:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You'd be surprised!!
Well then...point me to the ugly billionaire in the hat!

I’m all in, I’ll just make him wear the hat over his face.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:55 AM

973 posts, read 915,165 times
What about the "don't bother if your height doesn't start with a 6" chick? Lady, you're 5'1, calm down.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:02 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Do not like:
- Bathroom selfies (seems no one likes those.)

- Look at my abs! LOOK AT THEM! I have such a six pack man, did I mention my abs? I work out. See these diagonal lines on either side of my lower belly? Guess what those point to. I'd send you a pic of that, too, if the site would let me. Netflix and chill?

- In every photo, dude is wearing a hat. "I'm balding and don't want anyone to see." Ya know sooner or later, your date will see you without a hat on...

- Fishing/hunting/camo/guns/dogs

- I saw lots of pics of guys, taken outside under a grey sky on a sidewalk in an ugly part of the city, with stained hard labor work clothes, "mean mug" and scruffy facial hair. Invariably those men also were 420 types. Pics that make you look possibly homeless...not a good idea guys.

- Car selfies. I saw lots of women (looked at them too, since I'm bi) doing the car selfie thing as well.

- So, women...I'm not into crazy cleavage, duck lips (it was 2015, hopefully ladies have got that memo by now) flashy bling, excessive makeup, long fake nails.

- Weird filters like the animal face or big cutesy-eyes. Don't mind a bit of playing with color, black & white, that kind of thing. But don't alter the shape or proportions of your face.

Things I do like:
- Pics that reveal some humor and/or character.

- Pics with a cat or kitten.

- Pics with interesting fashion statements like this one stylish goth boy in a suit with a vest and Robert Smith hair, or this one woman dressed like something between a gypsy and a cowgirl and playing a ukulele.

- And speaking of which...musical instruments.

- While at least one photo should really show your whole face clearly, I do like sunglasses on some people and in some pics.

The best profile pictures create a sense of curiosity. They are like an intriguing headline, they make me want to know more. While it's not on an online dating site, my boyfriend's only pic of himself on a site we are on doesn't even show his face. He is wearing a button shirt and slacks and the photo is a black & white from about mid-chest to upper-thigh, focusing on his hands holding a belt as though about to put it on or just having taken it off. I find it a very sexy picture. Not only because of fetishy (belt) reasons, but I love men's hands.

-(EDIT) I just realized too, that some of my favorite pics of people from OLD and online, were pictures of most of their body, maybe from the knees or thighs up, so nearly a full body shot, and the person was turned at a 3/4 angle. As though facing somewhere maybe 2-3 feet to the left of the camera. That's a tip for people trying to get good profile pics, most of us take "directly facing the camera" pics and those can end up looking too staged, forced, even awkward sometimes.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:38 AM

296 posts, read 265,760 times
Since I have only looked at OLD but not yet joined/searched I am not as well versed but..

-Men in front of their car clearly showing off the car. Sorry, that doesn't work with me. If it's a photo that happened to naturally be around a vehicle that is fine.
-Photos of half faces, like only eyes and forehead. That is so strange.
-Photos of no person, but perhaps a tractor, a car tire, or a sink. Is this an "interpretive photo" game?
-Photos of guys wearing sunglasses, frowning, looking so full of rage lol.
-Descriptions related to what they are looking for that include "someone not afraid to help a guy around the house" (translation, I am a messy guy and need mum to clean up for me) or that start with "no fatties" (while I am not overweight that is just so off-putting).

Old 08-10-2018, 03:17 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
I guess I'm in minority. I'm not sure why every woman needs to say no Netflix and chill. I mean, do we have to increase GDP or some owner's profits every date? I'm talking passed say 4th date.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I guess I'm in minority. I'm not sure why every woman needs to say no Netflix and chill. I mean, do we have to increase GDP or some owner's profits every date? I'm talking passed say 4th date.
If a woman likes you and she's a grown adult, not a teen or something, she's not likely to say no to sex after the 4th date but just CALLING it Netflix 'n Chill as if you're trying to be subtle or something is going to be a legs-closer, TBH.

You can't just work your way up to sex at that point?

"Netflix 'n chill" is the silliest and now pretty much oldest saying...or maybe "let's go to Lookout Point to see Venus at dusk" might be a little older. Beaten out in outmoded turnoff-ness only by "Oogh, me use your midden pit? Oooo can not hold...OH, there you woven bed mat? See pretty, you, me? Have some interest in this sort of thing."

If you want sex and you're getting to know the woman you can't just suggest sex? Maybe not robotically like that but...this stuff kind of comes naturally.

By the way, how is this not increasing somebody’s profits? You don’t pay for your Netflix? Or condoms? You don’t offer your Netflix date anything the eat beforehand, not even a ripped open bag of Doritos and a liter of Fresca?

Last edited by JerZ; 08-10-2018 at 03:38 PM..

Old 08-10-2018, 03:52 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
If a woman likes you and she's a grown adult, not a teen or something, she's not likely to say no to sex after the 4th date but just CALLING it Netflix 'n Chill as if you're trying to be subtle or something is going to be a legs-closer, TBH.

You can't just work your way up to sex at that point?
Ok, I kinda get it now.

But I wasn't even thinking about naked cardio.

I just thought it meant we had to always be out on the town every meeting/date.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:05 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Swiping left.... jeez... I'm glad I'm not out there.

Playing along here, if I were to be swiping left I'd probably avoid women who do that stupid silly duck mouth thing that makes them look like mouth breathing idiots.

Women who just appear to be trying to hard, too heavily made up or whatever it happens to be, be more natural and not trying so hard. I see group pics of men or women "partying" it can sometimes come off as look at me and how great my life is.

Women who put too many animal pics up, or just has her animals in there too much. Yeah, we get it, ya love animals. LOL.

Probaby a good thing I'm not out there as I sound like a cranky old man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships